You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Devil In The Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Devil In The Bathroom

 

I was six years old. My older sister was nine. The year was 1982. My mom and dad went out somewhere that night and got us a babysitter.

We lived in a very small, 2 story, 2 bedroom apartment with one bathroom that was upstairs. Our babysitter was a teenage girl who lived 2 doors down.

The babysitter was keeping us occupied, and I remember we were all coloring at the table. I had to go to the bathroom really bad, but I was scared to go upstairs alone. I don't remember ever being scared in that house before this day. I asked my sister if she would come with me to the bathroom. She said no because she was coloring. I kept asking her, almost begging her if she would come with me, but she kept saying no. Finally, the babysitter got sick of me asking, yelled at me, and told me to go to the bathroom by myself because my sister did not want to go.

I remember being so scared as I walked up those stairs alone. Before I knew it, I was standing on the top landing. The small hallway was dark, and so was the bathroom. I stood there on the landing, tilting my head in front of the doorway. The only part of my body entering the bathroom was my tiny hand to flip on the light switch as I stepped up that last stair into the hallway.

The lights were those horrible fluorescent tube lights that flickered for moments before coming all the way on. As I flipped up the light switch, the lights dimly turned on, flickering. At that moment, in the dim light, I saw it. The devil was sitting on the rim of the bathtub! It was what you would almost picture in your mind as a stereotypical looking devil. It was red, had horns, and a tail. It sat there on rim of the the bathtub, motionless, silent, and we locked eyes for what seemed like an eternity.

I was petrified and I physically couldn't move. The lights seemed to stay flickering a lot longer than what they normally would. Finally, when the lights came all the way on and fully illuminated the bathroom, the devil was gone.

I must have ran back down the stairs right after that, but I was so scared I don't remember. My sister says she remembers me running downstairs yelling, "THE DEVIL IS IN THE BATHROOM!" She said she remembers running upstairs to the bathroom, and moving the shower curtain around to see if anything was in the bathtub.

The next thing I remember was my mom walking into the house and me running to her, telling her the devil was in the bathroom, but she didn't take me seriously. So, I ran outside to my dad. He picked me up and held me his arms and I told him that I saw the devil in the bathroom. I remember him saying to me, "I believe you."

That was the very first paranormal experience I had that I can remember. It was several years later before I had my next experience with the paranormal.

Other hauntings by GhostGal10001

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostGal10001, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javi (1 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-09-03)
Cool story! I too, have had an experience seeing a typical devil like that when I was with a childhood friend, somewhere around your age. What I saw on the Rez, was a child-sized Devil riding a bike down the street. As soon as my friend and I saw it, we ran off, scared, right into my house and told my Mom about it.
Now that I'm older and more Scientifically-Minded, I think that experience was most likely the result of an overactive imagination and the Devil was actually a kid in a Halloween costume.
ParanormalInvestigator19 (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-07-08)
That was quite the interesting read, and definitely enjoyed the detail provided in it.

Has the spirit reappeared at all at a later time with a similar description or is that the one and only time you've seen it? Also, did anything else happen in the house that day?
Jcct (4 stories) (17 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-05-07)
I really enjoyed your story. It's really an interesting experience of yours, I guess. You had wonderfully described your feelings and thoughts and your scene, as a film. Loved your story from Bangladesh.
goblinkwain (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-05-03)
I enjoyed the detail in this story, nicely written! What size was the creature? I was picturing small like a cat. Or was it a full-sized person?
Alenasiouxlee (4 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-04-22)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Please write more about any other experiences you've had. I'm a native of Arizona and I've lived here over 20 years. I've had some experiences but nothing like what you've described.
GhostGal10001 (2 stories) (2 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-04-10)
Hi Rajine,
Good question! I've thought about that. If I didn't have many, many more experiences with the paranormal after that, I would say that it probably was just my own mind creating that due to my fear. I didn't see anything paranormal after that until I was a teenager.
I don't ever remember being scared in that house before that at all. I had no reason that night to even be scared, but I felt fear for some reason. It is weird to me that it was a typical description of a devil, but maybe that's just how it wanted to show itself to me as a child.
Also, I found out years later that my father and paternal grandparents were really into the paranormal. They used to do ghost writing and my dad had a very bad experience with, I don't want to say an evil spirit, but definitely a bad one, while doing that and you could say it almost became an attachment for a while. So that's why he believed me.
Rajine (14 stories) (769 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-04-07)
Hi GhostGal

I know that it must be frustrating especially when you are a kid and have to experience something like that and no one will believe you, but do you think that it might have been your own fear being projected in to you seeing the devil?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: