You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Never At Rest

Real Ghost Stories

Never At Rest

 

This account will be told in two paragraphs: event at Grandparents house and events at home.

Paragraph I- Event at Grandparents House

This event took place about 4 or 5 months ago. I should probably mention that my Grandmother passed away in October 2014, just in case it has any significance. Anyway, I went to let their dog out (my Grandad was out for the day) so she could stretch her legs and what have you. So, after about 5 minutes, she wanted to come back in again, so I held the door open for her (she was 15 years old at the time, so care had to be taken), but before I closed the door, something startled me. One of the plates on the draining board suddenly slipped from the window sill it was resting against on and fell onto the metal board, making an almighty crash. I have considered several rational explanations but they don't seem to fit. The first thing I thought of was it must have been a gust of wind. But then I thought how strong it would have had to have been to knock over a strong China plate, resting in between the metal ridges of the draining board. The next thing I thought of but quickly dismissed was me slamming the door too hard and the impact of that knocking the plate over. But when I thought about it, I didn't think, and still don't think, I had shut the door at all, as I was still holding it open for the dog to walk in.

Please leave comments on what you think of this particular occurrence.

Paragraph II- Current events at current home

I shall start by saying that this account is a lot shorter and easier to understand. Basically, either at night or when I am alone at home, I hear things. Footsteps, knocks and bangs. Coincidentally, the worst it's been has been today. My Mum and siblings (I am 14 by the way) went out for a walk in the forest. I had to stay with my 2 dogs, and, being the eldest, I welcomed the peaceful break. So, after about 20 minutes alone, I heard footsteps upstairs and a constant banging noise in our utility room. At first, I thought it was the dogs leads banging against the door, but when I went to look, everything was still and as I had left it. It stopped for about ten minutes, and when it started again, I yelled "STOP IT!", expecting nothing to happen and it turning out to be our next door neighbour making the noise or something. But as soon as I yelled, the noise stopped and didn't come back.

Again, I will welcome comments and advice, and I apologise if this account was badly written, as it is my first post.

Again, Many Thanks,

Tom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TomL79, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-09)
I agree with Rook, Tom. You are at the 'battery' age when your energies can manifest paranormal phenomena of their own accord and/or be tapped into by passing spirits. Being in a situation where too much is heaped upon you can cause resentment at an unconscious level. I'm the eldest as well and that might be my first thought. This time will pass and your younger siblings will look up to you for the rest of your lives, I'll wager. Try to take it easy and do some sort of meditative or prayer based practice so that your energetic, mental and emotional selves are on the same page. Yoga is quite good as well as martial arts. All the best to you.
TomL79 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
Hi Rook, thanks for commenting, always appreciated. Thank you for your advice on the poltergeist and the journal, I have a feeling you're right on track with the poltergeist theory.

Will keep you posted,
Tom
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
At 14 years of age and based on the fact that things at home 'stopped' when you 'yelled' I'm leaning towards Poltergiuest... Not a actual spirit but 'excess energy' escapeing from your body in 'telekenitic outbursts'.

Could the plate at your Grandparents house been your Grandmother? YES... But unless you felt a preasence... Or a 'cold or warm spot'...watched...or just 'not alone' I am leaning towards Poltergiuest.

A Journal will help... As events get recorded a pattern may emerge that helps 'point to' Haunted by a Spirit or 'Energy Release Poltergiuest'.

Respectfully,

Rook
TomL79 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
Hi A_A, as with everyone, I welcome your feedback and will definitely follow your advice on the journal. The footsteps and creaks are always upstairs, but the knockings I would have to experience again to judge them and see if there is a pattern.
I will keep you updated so check the page regularly to check my discoveries or to add to your advice.

I thank you once again,

Tom
TomL79 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
Hi valkricry, I thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it. Firstly, the plate didn't break, it simply landed on the draining board, so that is why I didn't feel any frustration from her. However your theory on the paw wiping makes perfect sense to me, as it was a raining day, and Grandma would always wipe her paws. Thank you.

As with everyone I will keep you all posted, so make sure you check the comments section of this story regularly. I welcome your feedback and thank you all once again.

Tom
A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
Hey Tom,
I would suggest you keep a journal of these events, such as the foot steps (where would you hear them? Are they in a particular place? Particular time?) the knocks (are they in a pattern? Usually people hear knocking in three's, or just others wanting to be invited in) and bangs. Do you know when these events started occurring? Like after the time your grandparent died. You could also be emotionally strained from your grandparent's passing for your emotions to manifest in a physical force (this is called poltergeist activity), I also suggest you ask your family if such things happen, besides that Hecate made a good suggestion in cleansing your home just so there won't be any bad energies that certain "things" are attracted to.
TomL79 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
Hi Bloodshoteyez, I thank you for commenting. I definitely will check the history of the house and keep you posted if I find anything interesting.
Thank you once again,
Tom
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Welcome to YGS, Tom.
I was trying to think why Grandma would resort to breaking a plate to get your attention - unless she'd been trying and was frustrated, or she really disliked that plate to begin with. Did she have a thing about wiping the dog's paws before it came into the kitchen from outside? I have a friend like that, rain or shine that dog gets its feet wiped so it doesn't get the floor dirty. -Just a thought.
bloodshoteyez (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Hi Tom,

One of the creepiest story I had read so far. Do know about the history of the house and do keep us updated okay?

Good day to you:)
TomL79 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Hi Hectate, Thanks for commenting, it's great to have someone willing to help others. Firstly, no, at the time of the plate crashing, I didn't think about her, but I think I was still in shock. But after a while, it seemed to fit and make more sense, and now you've convinced me it was her, so thank you. I will also take up your advice on the listening.

Secondly, my Grandad wouldn't want to hear it. Not because he's mean and hated his wife, but because he isn't the kind of person to believe in these kind of things.

Thanks once again,
Best Wishes,
Tom
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Hi Tom, Thanks for your story (stories). First, I love how you told your "banger being" to stop. Good job! You can always set your boundaries. You can also do house cleansings/blessings to encourage unwanted beings to leave.

Second, did you think of your grandmother when that plate fell? For some reason, as I read this, I felt she had a message for you. You are apparently sensitive to ghosts and such. Do you spend much time at your Grandad's house? If you listen, she might not have to be so loud as to break a plate to get your attention next time... You also might ask your Grandad if he has had any experiences.

Thanks for sharing.
Best,
Hecate

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: