You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Will The Spirits Ever Let Me Rest?

Real Ghost Stories

Will The Spirits Ever Let Me Rest?

 

As I left off in my last story I was to be moving since l a lot of stuff happened in my other houses. I was beginning to wonder if it would follow me. Would the spirit world ever let me rest?

We finally sold our house and moved into a small two bedroom apartment on the other side of town. Trust me that house was not at all quite. But as usual I'm the only one who had experiences. So let's get to the main point.

When we first moved in it was quite for about two weeks. Then it happened. I was lying on my bed trying to fall asleep when I saw her. She had to be about four or five years old. She had shoulder length hair and it was a medium brown color with curly waves in it.

My room was set up to where the closet was sticking out in the room and leaving enough space for my bedroom door to open. The funny thing I wasn't scared at all of seeing her. She peeked her head around the corner and back as if she was playing hide and seek with me. I started to laugh because it was the weirdest experience I have had with a ghost. She was a cute little girl I felt sorry for her that someone that young had her life taken away. She disappeared not long after I had seen her and I just lay there staring and thinking about her.

As I've said before I don't get scared very easily. So I wasn't screaming or running out of the room because this is the kind of stuff that happens almost on a regular basis.

I will tell you one thing that did scare me.

I had all the lights off in my room with the curtain open slightly. I bent down next to my DVD player getting ready to put in a DVD to watch when I felt eyes on me and for some reason something was telling me look up. As I did I saw the silhouette of man in the TV. He was still standing behind me.

The second I saw him I let out a small yelp and lost my balance and my bottom hitting the floor. I turned to look and see if he was still behind me but he was gone just like that. I turned to look at the TV and no reflection.

The thing is he scared me, really scared me, more than any of the others have. I got a weird vibe from him, something not good. Since those two occurrences it was a while before I had my next one.

My mom was going to the grocery store and I was going to watch my little sister while she was gone. I didn't hear my mom leave so when I walked out of the bathroom my sister was playing with her arts and crafts on the living room floor. My mom's bedroom door was cracked open and I saw a woman in her thirty's walk around my mom's bed, next to her dresser. I thought it was my mom because the lady had brown shoulder length hair so I called out for her. My sister then told me mom had gone to the store. After she said that I walked into my mom's room to see the lady and when I went to follow her there was no one. Believe me I was a little shocked by that one.

I have few stories tell because they no longer involve the old apartment they involve our new house. I know we move a lot.

I'll write my other one soon. If you have anything that can't possibly make since for these things to be happening let me know.

Other hauntings by Maliceb

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Maliceb, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-26)
-Maliceb-

Some people are just sensitive to spirits. I am 25 now and I've dealt with it my whole life. At least my dad has helped me a bit because he could sense things too. It never ceases to amaze me the crazy things that happen to me. Just make sure you have a method down to repel negative entities when they come around, because they will come around if you are sensitive. Fortunately I've had over a hundred occurances and very few of them really scared me or made me feel uncomfortable. When I was about 10 I was an only child and I got a bunk bed in my room for my friends to sleep on when they stayed over. About a month or two later a ghost moved in and always slept on the top bunk when I slept on the bottom. I could hear the footsteps leading to the bed and the bed shake and creak like someone with weight would get on. Well it didn't stop there I had an alarm radio clock in my bathroom. It would frequently turn on to the "on" position when you would walk by the bathroom. I remember the bulbs burning out frequently in the bathroom too. I just know that it stayed at our house for over 2 years. Then when we got rid of the bunk bed it left too. I got very used to it, and didn't mind it because it never was threatening or really scary. There isn't always a rhyme or reason as to why we get haunted, but I do know certain people are just more sensitive then others and make more attractive targets for spirits. Oh and fortunately I wasn't the only person to experience my bunk bed ghost. It did the radio thing to anyone that came in the house and walked near the bathroom. Usually multiple times throughout the day!

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
Maliceb (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
Well the man in the tv I swear I have seen him before in another house. See the thing is I was six years old when I started seeing spirits. I was interested in the subject never dabbled in stuff.
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
Sounds to me like it may be YOU that's haunted not the places. Have you ever dabbled in the occult such as: Ouja boards, tarot card, books on the subject, seances etc?
Spirits can and do attach themselves to people not just places. Think back to all the things you have done and the time this whole thing started. It would be very unlikely that every house, apt you move to is haunted. I am concerned as you may have a not so nice entity attaching to you now (man in TV). You may want to contact a priest and be blessed or someone who has religeous influence to help you. Dont take this lightly spirits can deceive you into thinking they are friendly and would not harm you, this is to gain your trust and access to your mind, body and soul. Please keep us updated on any events. I am truely concerned. God Bless you
Zukismom 😨
Maliceb (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
I have seen the little girl one more time before we moved. I almost didn't want to move. I felt bad for leaving her there. Before I left I said my goodbyes to her by myself and got this over whelming feeling of sadness.
demonslayer (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
My interpretation of that is thus: A small girl had an abusive dad, and you live in his room. I'm guessing (<--emphasis) that he came home drunk one night and beat the girl to death, and possibly the wife the same night. But I can't accurately judge this one, because I've had no experience with it. That's my contribution to this story.

My advice for you is to get your loft exorcised. By any religion. Let him know that he's being challenged by a higher power. And I hear Mormons do it for free.:P
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Oh my gosh. How cute she was playing with you. But its sad to hear she lost her life before her time. Have you seen her since?
mandalyn05 (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
If I was you, I would see about looking into the history of the apartment/complex and the land around it. Maybe check out deaths that have occurred there. That way you can find out something about the spirits and who they could be (I've always been interested in researching that kind of stuff). Maybe that would also give you some answers.
Maliceb (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Thinks DollyDagger. I know it seems like whatever you try to do to avoid they still find you. I'm just want help trying to feel like I'm not alone in this because no body else experiences this stuff besides me in my family other than my cousin knows I deal with it.
Maliceb (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
So far I don't feel very threatened by them just mainly surprised to see them. I'm mean I'm so used to this stuff because its been going on for at least 15 years. But I want to tell my mom I just don't know how with out her freaking out.
Maliceb (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
bldfalcon, I get what you mean about cleansing the house but the thing. Someone told me you can cleanse the house with sage.
DollyDagger (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
I've moved many times too, and it seems like in every house there's something that won't leave me alone. Our latest move was last april. We moved from a house in suburbia (the most haunted house I lived in that I totally hated) to a loft downtown. I figured since the loft was only five years old, it wouldn't be haunted. Ha ha ha, man, was I wrong.
I guess my point is I know how you feel, and well, sometimes there's nothing you can do about it, especially if you're sensitive to this kind of stuff. You can try and help them pass over or tell them to leave, but that's about to the extent of ideas that I have (since I'm not religious I don't know about the whole house cleansing thing). Anyways, goodluck, I hope that "ghost man" doesn't bother you!
princess2 (16 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
I know how you feel. Seems like there was always things going on in the houses we lived in. Hopefully they will leave you and your family alone.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
According to your title, the only thing that can help you rest is too help them rest. You know what to do when the times comes. Hire a preist and let him cleanse the house. Is that easy!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: