You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Am I Stuck With This For The Rest Of My Life?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Stuck With This For The Rest Of My Life?

 

So I have not spoken to many people about my encounters that I have had since I was about 5 or 6 years old. The first thing I remember as a child is being at my sisters house and seeing red eyes go from window to window on the 3rd floor apt. Soon after that I would feel as if I was being watched every night.

One time I woke up to being picked up out of my bed and dragged to the living room that is one of the most scariest things I have went thru, as of right now I'm 28 and living in a basement apt. I feel that no matter where I go this thing is following me.

A few nights ago I woke up to someone staring me in the face around three am. This is the first time I have seen something or someone that close to my face I'm afraid to sleep at night...again...things are starting to move around again and hide. I hear something tapping on glass and there is no glass in my room.

I'm freaked out and can't take to much more of whatever this is following me around from house to house and town to town... I can tell you this much the last thing I knew that what following me around was a man and he had to be at least 7-8 ft. Tall just watching me. Oh and I'm starting to wake up with bruises on my inner thighs again.

Please someone tell me what is going on I need some kind of answer to this can I get rid of this or am I stuck with this for the rest of my life? People thing I am crazy I know I'm not. My mother will not talk about it and I don't know why... I did learn that there where witches in my family and that I guess it still runs deep is this why I'm dealing with all of this because of my families past?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, irishoreo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

fabstormchasing005 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-07)
This sounds like somewhat of an aggressive spirit. A blessing of the home or even just ignoring what is happening could really drastically turn things around!
wolfeyes72206 (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
what I do when I recieve scratches which is frequent I tell them they are not wanted here that the only spirit I am allowing here is God and I don't have any problem I also know how to block them out with my mind, I have been doing all my life. Be careful and may God be with you. 😁
SinghAman (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Scratches! It's violent... You should stand your ground. More fear you show more active it will be. Best things you could do is get some light in the room if possible. No matter what this thing is spirit, demons etc... Can't harm you if you pray would recommend you to do some of your religious prayer after you get up and shower and before you go to sleep make sure you brush and stuff (cleanliness). If you don't have a faith I would recommend a Sikh prayer called "chaupai sahib" aka "protection prayer" on YouTube just listen to it. Once your problems are finished discontinue the prayers because my goal was to get rid of your problem not convert. Apologizes in any way if I said something rude.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
Missy: The story was posted by Trix...Here's the link:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=13085

I was going to wait for her to post here, but she doesn't get on very often 😊...There are quite a few of us who use/have used his recipe with great success: Christians, Jews, Muslims, Wiccans, agnostic and atheist...

Also, once again I have to ask that the Comments Guidelines be followed, this one in particular:

"This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact."

Thanks! 😊 ❤
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
"don't use sage it doesn't work because I believe it can't work" or "only pray to this god only he can help you because I believe only he can help you" or "gods are not real so they can not help you" is not only rude & unhelpful"

Nysa I agree with this 100%.

Also,

Trying to convert or pushing ones faith onto people stating that its the only way they will be saved is "unhelpful"
I am a Christian and this bothers me.

I would also like to apologize to the poster for the inconvenience ill leave this alone now.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
I must point out one flaw in this argument. I think the general concept behind what you are arguing the details over, best articulated by Snowhite, "if you only pray at the moment you need God he will help you," is simply incorrect. Many fervent believers pray the moment they need God (or Goddess or a specific god of a pantheon) & do not get any help. This can mean any number of things; 1 gods do not exist, 2 some or all gods exist but can't help people on Earth, 3 some or all gods exist but choose to help some people but not others randomly, 4 some or all gods exist but will not assist or harm people so as not to interfere with free will or fate, including the free will of any non-human or non-living entities (a fairly popular philosophy), 5 some or all gods exist but want you to take care of yourself sometimes, to name a few. You may have already chosen which you believe, but to be honest it is just your best guess, or intuition. Which means you don't really have a leg to stand on trying to tell other people to count on it.

Similarly we can only report that some people (or "I" personally) have used sage, or other folkloric remedies, & achieved the results you (poster asking for help) seek. So in my opinion saying "don't use sage it doesn't work because I believe it can't work" or "only pray to this god only he can help you because I believe only he can help you" or "gods are not real so they can not help you" is not only rude & unhelpful but shows you are incapable of discussing these issues in a meaningful way.
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
Pratekya,

"Additionally I do not view myself as a good person"

Why wouldn't you view yourself as a good person? You can still be a good person and not consider yourself better then everyone else. I'm asuming you didn't mean it that way. Am I right?

"all of that 'cleanse the house with sage' stuff or whatever is not going to work"

How do you know it doesn't work? Have you tried it? Assuming something doesn't work and casting it away solely upon assumption doesn't help anyone.
It would be like saying "peanut butter and jam... Sounds like hocus pocus to me!"

Quote from one of rooks posts (Rook I hope you don't mind me stealing this.)
"Things such as smudging, cold iron and even my method of cleansing are all methods of focusing positive thoughts/protection (shields) and energy, for me this energy/protection comes from Heavenly Father, but not everyone believes in Him... So just apply simple laws of attraction... Like attracts like... If there is darkness/negativity then more will 'build' in a given environment. If however someone opens a curtain and let's in the light or opens a window and let's fresh air into a room its whole atmosphere changes. This does not take a belief in a Higher Power (which we both seem to have)."

There is a story on this site where someone had used rooks home cleansing/shielding method and had it work so well that even some bank accountants (who were living) could not find her home. Not only does it shield from spiritual bad energy but all bad energy.

Rook,

Do you recall the story I'm speaking of? I tried to find it but couldn't remember the poster or the stories name. I do remember she did the cleansing in a hurry though.

Missy
pratekya (29 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
I actually posted simply because the original poster really sounds like she needs help, and in my opinion (I know, a minority opinion here) all of that 'cleanse the house with sage' stuff or whatever is not going to work; for real problems you need to call out to something or someone that can really help you. My motive for posting is compassion.

[/quote]What your saying is that God chooses to help you in the moment but allows whatever to torment you another day because your not "Christian"
I think that's baloney. [quote]

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying cold iron, white candles and incense will not take care of a real spiritual problem; God can though.

Additionally I do not view myself as a good person or better than anyone here, and I second the statements of snowhite.
sarandal (2 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
oh my god, honestly I would kill myself if this was me, sounds like its following you everywhere you go 😕 hope you're ok x
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
dmcal,

I'd like to invite you over to an experience of mine as I would like to discuss a few points with you but I do not wish to detract from the O/P comments thread here on their experience. Would you please join me on this experience of mine. I do not mind speaking of matters such as you have brought up here and would enjoy a disscussion concerning them with you.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=5020

Respectfully,

Rook
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter what God you pray to or what religion you follow. The point is that we all pray to a high power whether he/she has one name or many names.

I myself am Catholic, and go to Church with my son every Sunday.

What your saying is that God chooses to help you in the moment but allows whatever to torment you another day because your not "Christian"
I think that's baloney.

For all you know this poster is "Christian" and does follow God and its not working so she's looking for another option to stop what's tormenting her.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
MissyM:

What you said about good people and bad people are judged by us but not by God. Christians believe all people are sinners. If you only pray at the moment you need God, I am sure he comes to help you. You need to be close to him all the time. If the holy spirit is with you, there is nothing to be afraid of.
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
The religion you follow doesn't matter. I have read numerous stories on here of people demanding something to leave in the name of Jesus Christ and having it work in the moment but it always came back.
Just because you're a Christian doesn't mean you're exempt from bad energy in any form.

BAD THINGS CAN STILL FOLLOW OR HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE.

And just because you're Christian doesn't necessarily mean your automatically "good people"
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Hi Irishoreo,

A very nice poster offered this to me and I think it may help you.
Below is Rook's Home Cleansing/Shielding. It helps shield off bad energy and ward off bad spirits.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated. I hope this helps
😁

Missy
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
You didn't ask for this, ergo, you don't have to put up with it.

Cold Iron-Cold iron is a poetic and archaic term for iron, referring to the fact that it feels cold to the touch. In modern usage the term has been most associated with folkloric beliefs that iron could ward off ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron

OR here is another site that has a few tips and pointers to getting rid of a problem ghostie:

Http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm
ktc96 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Your not ever stuck with things like this forver. Has any of your family members had something like this happen to them? You also need to do something quick, a priest can bless where you live and that will help you.
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
You are more sensitive than most of the people. The bruise showed something evil haunted you, things can get worse, you do NOT have to live with it in the rest of your life. There are many ways you can get rid of it. You can ask a priest to come to your house to get rid of it. There are many other ways too. You can always find other ways on this site. Take actions the sooner the better.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: