You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: No Rest For The Restless

Real Ghost Stories

No Rest For The Restless

 

Ever since my family and I have moved into this Victorian mansion (about 110 years of age) all of us (Mother, step-dad, two older sisters, and nephew) have experienced something. As in my other story, I was convinced into creating a Ouija Board and using it in my basement. Thinking that I would be able to figure out what exactly has been messing with me. Before I had used the Board I had been rudely awakened between 5-6am only by my miniature sheltie growling at something in the far corner of my room. By this time I had been moved off of our second floor and into our newly renovated attic space because I wanted to get away from my nephew who is very animated when he sleeps (as in yelling, crying, and hitting.) So my mother created me a space from everyone else so I could get my rest for school. That is when the night visits started.

My dog (Samson) would stand up or sit at the end of my bed and growl loud enough to wake me out of a deep sleep. He would still continue to growl even when I was fully alert and looking around for what he was threatened by. I had to pet his back and eventually he would calm down. Around the second or third time of this happening I started to sleep with a light on. I was hoping that the light would make it go away. I was wrong. Even though there was a light on I would still wake up from Samson growling menacingly at the unseen visitor. I was startled by all of this that I went out and bought a silver cross at the store Spenzer's in the mall. That didn't do anything. (Probably didn't help that I wasn't Christian either.) I am not under any faith but my own. I have my own belief systems, even back then and they treat me fine. So twenty bucks down and not getting much sleep (this thing came about 3 nights a week sometimes all in a row and sometimes spread out), I decided that next time I was woken by it that I was going to yell at and declare it to get out of my room because it is my space. It worked and I must have spooked it because it left me alone for about two weeks.

At 5:45am Monday morning (some day in February of 08') I was jolted out of a deep sleep by what felt like a punch in the back. It was on my upper right shoulder, in between my spine and the beginning of my blade. Now I run an air cleaner when I go to bed so even if there is whispering I can't hear it because I have that baby set on turbo. (It's to drown out the traffic and other noises like barking dogs etc.) 5:45am is the normal time I wake up to get ready for school, but sometimes my mother or step-dad had the day off and I can sleep in until 6:30. The punch didn't hurt that much it felt like a friendly punch that a friend would hit onto your arm. I was just startled by it and when I realized what it was I was too tired to care and went back to sleep until my alarm went off. When I got up I checked for scratches or bruises but there was nothing. I told my mother about what had happened and she said "Maybe they thought you over slept." She is a big believer of the paranormal and watches those ghost shows on TV. So I put it to the back of my mind.

That following June my friends convinced me into using a Ouija Board. Let's just say it didn't work out the way I wanted to. I was hoping that if I used the board I could tell whatever it was bothering us to leave us alone. Instead I found out that there are four ghosts in my house and one of them is a little 7 year old boy named Ryan. That is if it isn't a demon and I really don't think it is. But after the use of the board things just became a whole lot more active. The rest of the summer I was awakened even more during the night now ranging from 3-5am. Most of the events were around 3:30-3:35am. I remember because Sam would always begin to growl and my first instinct was to look at the digital clock on my night stand. Another time I was lying down on the couch and Sam was asleep on my chest as I was watching the discovery channel. I felt his head rise up and start to growl at something that was behind the couch. I jumped up and looked around, but nothing was there. That was one of the few times that the thing has made itself known in the day time. I let these awakenings continue until May 13, 2010 and this is when the grand-daddy of all my freak outs went.

I decided to skip school because my oldest sister had come to spend the weekend with us. (She had moved out December of 07' down to Harrisburg because she landed a really nice job in the health business.) I was downstairs talking to her until about 10 or 11 o'clock at night. We have a DVR so all my shows record then I watch them a few hours after they air (so I can skip through commercials.) I just walked up the stairs onto the second floor and was making my way to the attic when I heard somebody say my name. Confused, I stopped and looked behind me thinking it was my mother or step-dad. There was nobody there, my parents were both sleeping. And I know it wasn't my oldest sister because she was downstairs and my middle sister and her son had moved out four months before this. It was weird because I didn't recognize the voice yet I still assumed it was a family member. I shrugged it off and continued to walk up the second floor stairs into the attic.

Now my attic is nicely redone and it looks more like a third floor than anything. There is nothing creepy looking about it. I have another dog a sheltie poodle mix (Lilah) and she was up there with Sam because my sister has a thing about getting dog hair on her clothes. Lilah isn't as sensitive as Sam seems to be. I have seen her stare off into certain parts of the room but she has never growled. I entered the room and sat down to watch the last episode of Supernatural (only reason why I remember the date). I get half way through the show and my TV just goes all static. Like when you don't get a channel and it made this loud noise that almost made me pee my pants. I ran and shut the TV off and went down into the living room to my sister who was still up on her laptop while listening to the TV. I was so freaked out that I didn't even look to see if the dogs were behind me (they were). She looked at me and asked "What was that all about? You know mom and dad are sleeping. You're lucky you didn't wake them up."

I told her what happened to me and she laughed. She had only one experience and that was when we first moved in. Her and my other sister thought they heard somebody in the house (running down steps is how they described the noise) and turned out it was nobody. She basically shoved off the experience as nonsense. She called me a chicken sh*t and told me to go back up stairs that one of the dogs just hit the button on the remote. In my head I was denying it. Both of the remotes were on the coffee table when it happened, I never leave them on the couch they get sucked into a cushion vortex. Reluctantly I walked back up stairs (basically because she had to go to bed she was tired), it was about 1am maybe a few minutes before when I began my show again. Ten minutes into my show I heard a voice whisper into my ear. I only caught a little bit of it "watching you" is the part I caught. I immediately jumped up off of the couch and looked behind me. It felt like their lips were right up against my ear because I could hear the 'watching you' part very clearly over the TV. I paused the show and said, "Oh I bet you think this is pretty funny don't you? Well laugh it up because tomorrow I am doing something about this."

My couch is in the middle of the room off to the far left. Behind it is a good amount of walk space before you hit the ping pong, air hockey, and foose ball tables. So the thing could have just been standing behind me the whole time waiting to scare the crap out of me. By this point I was just sick of being surprised. I made my older sister drive me down to Spenzer's and I bought two pentacle necklaces. I figured that if crosses don't work then these should. And they did. I wear one all the time and when I go to bed I drape one on each bed post. Haven't had a disturbance at night since. I feel very protected but not enough to where I can turn the lights off.

When I told my mother about all that I had experienced she made me move back downstairs. My middle sister and her son are still moved out but my oldest sister wanted to move back in because she felt homesick. So I am now on the second floor with one my story about what I had experienced very recently. It was June 4th 2010, I had just gotten out of school and I was moving my stuff downstairs onto the second floor. I got my bed, computer and filing cabinets (the little stuff I could move by myself) downstairs into the room. I am in my mother's old room; she said she had no problems with this room. So that night I wanted to get fully rested because I had SATs the following morning. Silly me thought that all the nightly visits were over so I left both pentacle necklaces upstairs and turned my light off for the first time in two years.

I awoke to turn over on my other side when I saw a giant black figure standing beside my bed. It had a long rounded head that looked like a finger but black and a little thinker. The rest of its body and limbs were like that as well. I screamed and rushed off my bed for a light. When I turned it on it was gone. I was so frightened I ran upstairs and grabbed the necklaces and put them on my bed and kept the light on. I would have passed it off as a dream if it would have been a different time other than 3:35am. I was never alerted by Sam he was passed out on my bed and I think I woke him up with my scream.

I just want to know what is plaguing me and if it is dangerous to me. Other than waking me up, whispering into my ear, and that one punch in the back that's all that has happened to me. I don't feel threatened by it; I am just annoyed that it is messing with my sleeping habits. Later I will be posting the things that had happened to my mother, step dad and nephew. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Mercury_Lyn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mercury_Lyn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lisa3007 (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Hello,

Would you and your family be interested in sharing your story about your house on a paranormal investigation TV show? Please contact me at my email found on my account page. Thanks.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-11)
With all due respect, you get what you deserve for using the cross like a good Luck charm. What power or authority can it have in the hands of an unbeliever who would buy Pentagrams next? Do you think the Christian God is going g to respect this as it was His Son that died for us on the cross? Would you? I think all you managed to accomplish was to mock and invite this thing Accept Christ as your Lord and join the family then you can call upon God for protection.
BinghamtonParanormal (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-08)
Well hello!

What an excellent story you had shared with us. I want to extend my hand in the matter and offer my group for any consultation that is need.
I am the founder of BAPS, the Binghamton Area Paranormal Society. Out of Binghamton, New York If you need any help at all feel free to contact us at binghamtonareaparanormalsociety [at] yahoo.com

Our website is binghamtonparanormal.com

Please contact us!

Derek
ghostfox96 (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
I also think you should look into the history of the house.
If you do contact a priest, there is a chance it would do nothing. They only get rid of evil entities with intention of harming, if the spirit presents no threat I don't think much can be done about it. ❤
Eva_the_empath (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
Hello! I believe that looking up the history of the house could bring some answers. Moreover, you should contact a priest. Of any religion you find suitable. It does not matter whether you are a believer or not. Demons, if that's what's bothering you are prone to strong faith and many relligions have their exorcists. If these are ghosts, then probably you're safe. But to know that you need to contact someone with the knowledge and experience in identifying and expelling such unwanted "guests".
❤ Eva

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: