You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Rest Your Head

Real Ghost Stories

Rest Your Head

 

Now, this story may not be the "scariest" or "most heart-racing" story you've ever heard, but it is a true one. However, before I begin, allow me to introduce myself.

My name's John, I'm 17 years old. I'm the oldest of 5 kids, which means you hear voices and weird noises all the time, all of them human, you would assume, right?

Not on the night of Thanksgiving 2014. This time, I was up late talking to my friend, Kyle. He was raised Buddhist and he tried to explain to me the significance of opening one's Third Eye. While he was talking, I began to see movement out of the corner of my eye.

I glanced at them to see tiny orbs floating through the room, then disappearing almost as soon as I see them. I tell Kyle what I'm seeing and he tells me, "This is your Third Eye beginning to open, don't fear this, embrace it."

So I continued to watch them float around, laughing cheerfully, not even thinking of the fact that it was 3am and my parents were asleep in the next room.

At about 3:45am, Kyle decides he's tired and wants to go to bed. I wish my friend good night and continue to goof off on the computer. Then I was starting to feel like someone or something was watching me.

I look up from my computer screen, and at the foot of my bed was a tall woman in black, floating slightly above the floor. She was wearing all black, her skin pale as paper, her eyes were glowing an emerald green color.

Most people would be petrified if they saw this apparition, but for some reason, I felt safe with her there. Then she speaks, "Rest your head."

Note that this could not have possibly been a person, my parents were asleep, my siblings were asleep, they were all in different rooms, this was NOT a person.

But I did as she told me to do. I powered down my laptop, put it on the charger, made myself comfortable, and fell asleep.

Other hauntings by JRGurganus1998

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JRGurganus1998, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JRGurganus1998 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
4.4 Degrees Celsius*, sorry. Wrote Fahrenheit twice by accident.
JRGurganus1998 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Hello, everyone, sorry for not replying to these comments sooner.

[at] Macknorton Thank you for the welcome.

[at] Tweed No, this is the first and only time that this has happened to me.

[at] RedWolf Yes, extremely cold. Thermostat said 73 degrees Fahrenheit (22.7 Degrees Celsius) , but it felt like 40 degrees Fahrenheit (4.4 Degrees Fehrenheit).

[at] DandK It's possible, but I'm pretty sure it was her.
Foxglove (23 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-24)
Tweed, a family member of mine had an experience (post mortem family visitation) in which the apparition spoke. It's sort of a sensitive topic to bring up so I haven't got the story from him directly, but I assume it was carried out much like a conversation they would have had in life. I've heard other accounts of speaking apparitions, especially situations (albeit rare) when the experient speaks to an apparition without knowing that the person in question has recently died and only finds out subsequently. But it is a rarity as you say. I imagine it's mostly limited to family and friend visits like the grandfather account mentioned below...
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-23)
John,

Do you recall clearly hearing the words while watching her mouth move and feeling the direction of origination of sound coming from her physical location? Is it possible that the sounds appeared in your head, not your ears?

Thanks!

DandK
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
JR
Did your room get cold at all? A lot of people say that there is a drop in temperature when a spirit manifests.

Regards
Red
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
Tweed:
Whoops. 😆 I meant pale-skinned women in black funeral garb; they're not demons (I think), just grumpy ghosts, based on the stories I heard growing up. They tend to haunt the places where they lived or died.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
Pale skinned women in black bad news? Well I'd be a demon then. 😆
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
Tweed:
She freaked me out, and that was the first thing that came to mind; I've come to realize it was just sleep paralysis after reading stories on this site - had several scary bouts with it some years ago. Back on topic; I'm interested in this apparition, because she seemed friendly. Where I'm from, pale-skinned women in black are usually bad news.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
Mazzmarach, you must realise slugging a ghost's lights out won't exactly work.
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
I remember seeing a lady in black at the foot of my bed once, and she had the most ghastly smile I'd ever seen. Turned out to be old hag syndrome; and a good thing, too, because I prepared to throw down with her. I woke up sitting in bed, with my arm cocked, ready to slug her lights out.
The reason why I brought this up is because I get the same image whenever I read your description of this woman. The green eyes, however, intrigue me; I'm reminded of Ysera of the Dreaming, and The Lady. How were they glowing?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
haha ghosts being ghosts! Yeah, I thought this must be rare, been thinking about this a lot recently. Like when ghosts are both manifested and speak it's always experienced by someone like Rook or Val who are already incredibly sensitive to ghosties. When I think about all my experiences (unexpected ones I've had while completely awake going about my day type encounters) they've all been visual or audio, never both. Even those weird what-have-yous that popped out of my parents wardrobe. I heard them talking, looked and there they were, but I never actually saw them speak.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
Hi Tweed--There is an account by Aliendewd titled Dechmont Experiences 2 in which he describes the apparition of his grandfather appearing and speaking to him. I remember that being a really intriguing story.

There are several examples of apparitions being seen and heard in paranormal case study books but it's not nearly as commonly reported as just seeing, hearing (or whatever) an apparition. As is commonly stated by psychical researchers, apparitions are never "perfect". Usually when someone sees one that's all they get. Similarly when someone hears one they usually don't see it. Just ghosts being ghosts 😁.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
Not including visitation dreams and so on, I should add.

50 characters to post thee
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
Hi John,

As far as I can remember you're the first person to both see and hear an apparition whilst fully awake and not meditating. In every encounter I can think of a manifested ghost has never spoken or broken the sound barrier, so to speak. If or when ghosts speak there's no physical manifestation. Something I've noticed.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? Can anyone remember any encounters on here where a ghost has both manifested and spoken simultaneously within the same apparition?

I can only think of Jerry's Army encounter, but that's it. 😕
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
Wow. If that happened to me I Would have been fumbling under mattress for my bayonet.

Could you tell us a bit more about what kyle explained about the third eye?
I could be wrong but usually in Buddhism the the third eye is symbolic of wisdom, as opposed the Western European context in which it is seen as connected to the ability to perceive other worldly things or the future.

Did you have any prior experiences? If so did they prompt the conversation with kyle?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
Macknorton: I would prefer my son staying up all night long playing on the computer than in the company of an emerald eyed woman!

I wonder if JR has a sequel to this story in which he tells what happened in that Thanksgiving night. 😲
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-20)
Hi John - welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing.

Cool story. I wonder if your friend Kyle could please send the emerald eyed woman to my 14 year old son's room when he's sneaked his phone into his room and is on social media at 2 am...😊

Regards

Mack
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-20)
Your friend Kyle is such a good teacher!
Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: