You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: He Is Still Out There In Streets

Real Ghost Stories

He Is Still Out There In Streets

 

I was thinking of writing this story from a long time. It's about a place that is haunted by a really powerful ghost. There is a village in Haryana State of India and its name is Shekhupur Daroli. If you visit this place, you will see a empty area with some rubbles of old buildings in center of the village. Not a single person in village will agree to put a leg on this land, even the dogs and animal keep distance. You can see dogs barking everyday from a distance. The reason behind is pretty much terrifying. It has hundreds of stories and experiences, but I am going to describe the ones that I have seen or includes my family and friends.

First little background of the story. Before 1947, India had this system where few people had all the lands and all poor people used to work in these lands. One of these powerful landlord was Chuned Khan. He was very cruel to his people. He paid less, killed people when he was opposed, robbed marriages and kidnapped brides. It was gone too far, and all the villagers together decided he should be killed. Another landlords along with an army person, shot Khan dead in his house. To the government it was still a crime so both killers flew away hiding places to places. They even have songs about this incident. Anyway, Khan's family were good people and his son said that his father was cruel and he mean no harm to anyone.

After few months India got its freedom and with freedom Pakistan was born. Like many other families Khan's family also went to Pakistan, but one person decided to stay at his place- Chuned Khan. Even he was dead, he still wanted to rule the people and torture them. That's where it all started.

In 2006 when I was 15, there was a marriage in my village and my uncle was attending it. He drank there and was coming home somewhere around midnight and took the street that is adjoining to haunted place. When he came home, he stayed for 5 minute and went to a local alcohol seller, woke him up and bought four bottles. I should tell you that one bottle of this local bottle is enough to get four person high. My uncle, let's call him Jag, came home and drank all of them. And then again around two am in morning he was trying to go out, but his son Roh woke up and asked him what he is doing. Soon Roh realized his father is drunk so he tried to stop him. Jag started running in street, and saying I WILL TAKE HIM in a different person's voice.

Luckily it was summer and people were sleeping outside, my father and other neighbors woke up and were able to get hold of Jag. My family was angry on my uncle for drinking so much but they had no idea what is happening.

With help of four people Roh took his father home, but Jag was continuously trying to go out. Many other neighbors and family member joined them. This is where I came in. I always slept with my grandmother at her home. One of my cousin came to woke her up asking for help. My grandmother has some psychic power and she also keep holy water and all that stuff at her home.

So I went with my grandma and what I saw was horrifying. Fourteen to fifteen people were trying to get hold of Jag and he was throwing everyone away. I stood in a corner watching all this. Jag was saying one thing again and again, "You can't stop us, we will take him." His voice was mix of like two people speaking at same time. All of sudden my grandma shouted, "Hey Duni! What you are doing here?" She said to us that there is Mani and Duniram trying to control Jag's body. Now these people were dead from many years, both were young and died unnatural death. They both were alcoholic. My Grandma saw someone standing on main door of home but didn't recognize him.

Things were bad and Jag's body was hurting from struggle. Finally they tied him to bed with scarfs and cloths so he can be sustained without injuries. My grandmother used holy water for clearing and everyone prayed together. Jag stopped struggling after a while but he was kept tied and everyone stayed there until morning.

In the morning a priest was called for proper cleaning. He told that it's not an ordinary spirit, it is angry one. Later on another big priest was called who explained us everything. He said that the angry spirit is of Khan and he is controlling other spirits. He wanted Jag's soul to increase his power. He said he can't get rid of Khan but he did cleaning of our houses and said our house are protected but we have to avoid that haunted place and even streets, specially Jag as he is a soft target. After that Jag never drinks alcohol. Everything that priest said was confirmed by other priest and people.

Once my childhood friend SR was coming home from fields in night with his a father. They were coming after watering their fields and had shovel with them. When they were passing by the haunted place, SR saw someone. Being an strong young man he showed him the shovel saying "You see this? I will cut you in pieces." The next moment SR was thrown away by a strong push and shovel went flying for like 15-20 meters. His father helped him get up and they ran until they were home. Priest was called for help but SR still suffered with high fever for three days.

The Khan is seen by many people. Right now this place is still abandoned and villager are trying very hard to get rid of Khan's spirit. Every year they organize a big cleaning process and pray for Khan's peace.

Other hauntings by SushilRj

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SushilRj, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pearlxc (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-20)
I am not sure if you have heard of this program on tv it, its on zee tv called fear files and has true stories/experiences of what people have sent in apparently, I have heard many stories about haunted villages in india, and I think this story could be true, good story.
SushilRj (4 stories) (19 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
The Special cleaning that was performed at house:
In total we have five houses of my family. WE were asked to clean each and every house and wash everything. In the morning Havan was performed and each and everyone was required to attend this. You can google Havan, a Hindu ritual for many occasions. According to Priest no negative energy can withstand Havan, making every person clean.
3 layer protection for houses
Holy water from havan was sprinkled around everywhere
A Special Dhoop was used to fill houses with positive energy.
Thread reels, were kept in Havan and than Priest used threads to make a boundary around houses.
SushilRj (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Thank you Sheetal and and ChrisB
Shrush: I don't know why anyone has not tried to investigate with videos and stuff and upload them to internet. It is famous only in locality though, anyone who has any kind of relation to this village knows about it.
2006 incident is witnessed by me, stories of other people seeing him were around before.
The houses on one side are mostly abandoned and they are always for sale. No body wants to live there. On Other side there is only one very big house, which has seen 3 infant deaths without any medical explanation. Their house is cleaned regularly by priests. They also want to move out but have no other option.

People don't like to talk about it. In all these years they have just learned to ignore this area and go on with their daily life.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Thats one place I would like to see 😁 However I would be scared like hell. Thanks for sharing and hope to hear from you soon and take care
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Hi, Sushil... Really an amazing story... I enjoyed it a lot... Your story reminds me my village:) Thanks for sharing
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
i am suss about this one, something does not feel right.
getting alittle more sceptical the older I get. πŸ€”
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
SushilRj:
Thanks for the exact position. It helped a lot. If you could send some more pictures about it, it would be better as the Maps is not that clear. But I have a few questions:-
1) Why have I didn't get any info about its haunting on Internet when I searched it? Or is it local haunting and not much famous?
2) You mentiioned that haunting is 70 years old but the incident took place in 2006. Then how can people still live there and so close to that place? I see many houses near that area
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Thanks Sushil so my comment about this is a very intelligent haunting maybe dangerous. Is what I would go by
SushilRj (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Thank You Goggzy for understanding, of course English is not my first language and I am not a good story writer either.
SushilRj (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
this the exact location of place.

Https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/29%C2%B021'46.6%22N+75%C2%B024'25.0%22E/ [at] 29.362958,75.406945,199m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Please note that its been almost 70 years and village has grown, but that time this used to be the main center.

Google map is not clear, I will ask my friend to take some photos and send to me. I will share them with you all.
SushilRj (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Hello Guys
[at] Shrush: visit this place with all equipment's and interview hundreds of people about it.
Of course people live here. I am talking about a particular part. Now villagers have built a Majar fo his peace, even its a Hindi region and no Muslims lives there.

Sorry about that misunderstanding with whole village and the place.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Alcohol can do many a strange thing to people. Hallucinations, heightened strength as they think they are "super human".
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
I have 8 years experience as a paranormal investigor all over the world the society I'm apart of has over 90 years experience. As being Scottish and having a understanding that not everyone has a full English vocabulary I was pointing it out it could easily have been just a mistake or as I said I could be wrong and unless Sushil explains no one knows what he meant
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Goggzy:
If you are talking about the empty spaces, its common thing in Indian villages and towns. Whenever there are land disputes, the case is taken to court and often 5-6 years pass without a judgement and land remains unconstructed.

Let the experts handle it from now or let Sushil explain everything as I am not that expert
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Shrush
I am still not sure as he hasn't said himself but if you look on maps there is a few houses that have no houses near them while the village has been expanding in different directions so I am pretty sure it is one of the houses that have nothing near them as no one will expand towards them.
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Goggzy:
From his story, his sentence "Not a single person in village will agree to put a leg on this land"
Does he mean that people are not ready to put a leg on this land but they live here? πŸ˜•
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Shrush
It wasn't that no one lives there it is that no one wants to stand on the land this building is on. It took me a few reads to realise what he meant.
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
SushilRj:
You have got to be kidding me. The village you mentioned is completely inhabited by people and has a school in it. It also has many farms which proves that people live there. I don't think this is true storyπŸ˜•

Please give proper explanation about it

Link to the map of village:- https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Sekhupur+Daroli,+Haryana/ [at] 29.3619569,75.4048022,435m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x391161c4ecaa8653:0x5e0bcdc55c6afd21
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
This is a very weird case of possession of the living and suposedly the dead and a very intelligent haunting but I will warn people to stay away as this has been dangerous and the more people there is to harm/scare the worse it will become.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: