You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Dog's Visit

Real Ghost Stories

My Dog's Visit

 

I got my beloved pooch when I was around seven years old. My grandparents bred and sold pure bred Pomeranians. Around the time my Grandmother got custody of me, one of her dogs just had a litter of four puppies. The only boy was a stillborn, which left three darling girls who were a handful. But I was a kid, and my "job" was to get puppies used to kids around. Since we never got a complaint, I assume I did my job well.

Eventually our ladies were 6 weeks old, which normally meant they were of age for selling sheet they had their shots and checkup. By this time I had been paired with two other dogs, one was not friendly to kids. And while she never bit me, it was clear we were not going to work. The other had a few bad habits that we couldn't break so she was moved to the kennels, which were well cared for.

So my Grandmother decided to try a fresh start. My Aunt had already picked one of these puppies. Leaving the other two for picking. My dog, now named Ferggie, sat next to me as if making up my mind for me.

Years passed and she eventually passed on due to age (14 years) and acute kidney failure. I was broken up by the loss of Ferggie and, as one would expect, I was moping around.

One night, however, my dog visited me in a dream. Her coat was healthy looking, and felt wonderful as we laid on my bed cuddling like we used to. When I woke, I almost expected to find her there. I then had a good cry and thanked her for that one last visit and a wonderful "I'm fine now, I love you, goodbye."

Other hauntings by DragonLuvrD

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DragonLuvrD, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Highlandsparrow (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-23)
I'm not sure a dream counts as a ghostly encounter but it's a lovely story?
DragonLuvrD (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-21)
Thank you everyone. This was one of the best visits I remember.

The other I'm not sure would be okay to post since it deals with a Goddess, and I don't want to post if it will break the rules.:D
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Dragon,
There's many stories on this site about pets that 'come back' for a final good-bye, or hang about for a bit to be sure their 'family' is ok. Every time, I read one, I get a little hiccough in my throat, and damp eyes. I'm happy you got to have that chance, for one last good-bye.
I believe you experienced this via a dream, because that is when we are most 'open'.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Aww this is lovely. Many that have passed visit in dreams Who cares if it's in the wrong section, give Miracles a break haha. Read it and play nice 😉 ❤
DragonLuvrD (6 stories) (12 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
I never remember my dreams. So for Ferggie's visit to stick with me even now, makes me believe She visited me after her passing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Donut - this isn't just a dream. That is your opinion. This, in my opinion, falls under Family/Friends Visits, which really is where I should have placed it instead of Pets/Animals.

This comment from DonutIsBack is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Dragon,
This is a beautiful recount that reminded me of a story I read called Old Bess. It is a beautiful story that is wonderfully written.
Http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/old-bess.html

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: