You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Black Mist And The Voices

Real Ghost Stories

Black Mist And The Voices

 

It was August of 2000 when my husband and I moved in to our new house. It was a beautiful old colonial that dated back to the mid 1860's.

We had 2 children at the time and our third was born 3 years later. We were in love with the house and the property. It sat on an acre of land and had a detached barn that was about 20 years old. We also had a 2 bedroom apartment that was attached to the house, which would serve us well for extra income. The main house that we lived in had 3 floors. It was perfect for our family.

My first experience was around Easter of 2002. It was late, around 11:30pm and I was in my kitchen playing Easter bunny by getting the kids' baskets ready. I wasn't thinking about anything in particular when all of a sudden I had this cold chill go through me. I looked up from what I was doing and saw this black mist circle around the kitchen and then it just disappeared. It scared me so bad that I quickly finished what I was doing and ran upstairs. My husband was already asleep and I just jumped in bed and curled up beside him. I never saw the mist again other than that night.

My next experience happened a couple of months later. It was about 2 in the morning and I woke up to the sound of my oldest son John, who was 9, at the time talking to my youngest son who was about 2 at the time. I can hear them talking and laughing. They are laughing so hard that it was making me laugh. Because it was so late I got up to check on them and tell them to go back to sleep, but when I went into their room the baby was sound asleep and my oldest was up in his room sound asleep as well. I was definitely freaked out. The baby's room was before mine and my son John's room was on the third floor and he would have had to walk right by my room.

There have been more than one occasion that I would wake up to my bed shaking, not violently, but enough to get my attention. I would also wake up to the sound of footsteps in my room and would look around and no one would be there. There were also times that I would just be trying to fall asleep and would get this chest tightening anxious feeling that would make me afraid to turn over in fear that I would see someone staring at me or standing beside my bed.

Other things happened to my children as well. It was never anything physical, but they would hear their names being called. One day it was around October of 2006, it was cold out that day so I left my then 4 year old home with John, my oldest son who was 13 at the time, so that I could pick up Jeremy from school. The school was in walking distance from the house. The boys could see me walking from the window in my son's room and they said that as they were watching me, behind them coming from the bottom of the stairs they could hear me calling them individually by name. They got scared because they knew it wasn't me because they were watching me from the window walking down the street.

I lived in that house for 12 years. I have so many other experiences to share, but will do so another time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hyde, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aaron-13live (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-26)
Amazing story, are you a firm believer of those kind of things being true? Or more on the scientific explanations? 😕
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Hyde, thank you for the extra information. I look forward to reading your other experiences.
Hyde (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Mimi81
No,we were lucky enough that when we bought the house it just needed cosmetic work and a little updating, but we never had to tear down walls or anything. At the point of my first visual experience we had been living in the house for about 8 months, but prior to that particular experience I didn't mention that I would hear the typical noises such as walking around upstairs when I would be downstairs and like most people I chalked it up to the house settling. I had other visual experiences as time went on, but will post them at another time, thanks for reading.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Hyde, this story really caught my attention. Your first experience experience in the house was very similar to my first paranormal experience.

I found it interesting that nothing happened until you'd lived there a few years. Had you had any remodeling or major repairs to the house in 2002? Sometimes things are "dormant" until something wakes them up. Major changes to a structure are definitely one way to do that.

It's also possible some item, like antique furniture, had an entity attached to it. Did you bring anything new into the house before you saw the mist?

I hope you'll be sharing more of your experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: