You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Beach House Horror

Real Ghost Stories

Beach House Horror

 

This is my first story entry. I've been on this site for a few months now and am in love with this site. I have always believed in spirits and ghosts, but my parents always discouraged me from exploring the spiritual world. I'm 15 now and this incident took place a few months back.

After our finals, my friend and I visited our beach house. This place is absolutely beautiful, with coconut trees and a personal pool. This place is located near OMR, in Tamil Nadu.

As soon as we got there, we jumped out of the car and decided to go for a swim. We put on our bathing suits and prepped our hair. I realised that I needed a towel, so I went up to the first floor to get it.

As I got down the flight of stairs, I felt someone push me. Before I could react I went tumbling down the stairs. I looked up to see who that was but I saw no one. My friend came rushing from one of the bedrooms on the ground floor and helped me up. I asked her if anyone else ever tripped or fell down these stairs. She replied in the negative. I summed it up to my clumsiness.

After sometime, the pain subsided and we went to cool down by the pool. We stayed up watching reruns with her mother and her friends that night. Aunty and her friends took their place on the air mattresses on the ground and we took the couch. The two of us couldn't stay away from our phones, so we texted and watched TV at the same time.

There is a huge french window, looking out at the lawn and my eyes strayed away from the phone to the windows. I felt like something pulled me towards it. But I sat there and looked out. I saw a person who looked exactly like her mother! I griped my friend's hand and made her look too. She freaked out and called her mother. When aunty looked over, there was nobody there. The two of us couldn't believe it! We retreated to our bedroom and soon fell asleep.

I haven't been to the beach house since but I still remember it loud and clear. Could someone please shed some light on this issue? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY STORY.

Other hauntings by rithika

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rithika, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sbanerjee89 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-27)
Being interested in these matters is good but please do not take the risk of connecting deliberately into these matters. I hope you are too young for it. I have had multiple exposures to these matters and have seen risky things happening. You never know what kind of soul is that.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-09-30)
I wouldn't go back. Something pushed you down the stairs. You could have been badly hurt. You might not be so lucky next time.
rithika (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-30)
*your
Sorry a small correction was to be made.
Anyways I was planning to revisit the beach house so do you people think it's safe to go back there?
rithika (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-13)
Zander,
I appreciate you're comment. That is a very good theory. I'll ready up on that. Thank you.
~Rithika 😁 ❤
Zander (7 stories) (141 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-13)
Hmmm...what comes to mind is the concept from Islam of the 'roueh' or 'spirit double' if you will which is said to be a part of each person. A writer name Bill Bean who has been featured on many television programs about his personal experience with hauntings described seeing the 'roueh' of his own mother while she was yet living. This in a setting of other hauntings going on at the same time and place. Perhaps the roueh of your Aunty was protecting you from the other naughty things about... Of which she was unconsciously aware?
rithika (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-12)
Oh and bonifaz, redwolf, holdyourbreath, sheetal, I just wanted to say, when I visited the beach house for the first time, I noticed a dog barking at nothing in particular. He just stood there and barked. His ears were perked up and alert. Also there is this creepy little house about four houses away from ours. I really gives me the creeps. It looks very run down and scary.
~rithika ❤
rithika (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-12)
Redwolf,
I refer to my friend's mother as aunty. Thank you for commenting.

Bonifaz,
I'm sure it's not a reflection as her mother was lying down. But the woman was standing.

Holdyourbreath
Thank you, I will be careful. I too thought it could be a shape shifter. That's why I wanted a second opinion. ❤ 😆 😲
rithika (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-12)
Hi everyone and thanks for ready my story. I just wanted to say, I'm positive that it wasn't her reflection because, her mother was lying down. But the woman I saw, was standing and looking at the two of us. I have been there before and it has never scared me this much. But it is a wonderful place to be. The fall could be, due to my clumsiness. But I just wanted to add it in the story, because you neve know right? But I did feel someone touch me and I developed a bad, purple bruise later on. +holdyourbreath
Krrish (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-11)
Hello,
I have also experienced some strange things like this in ECR... But not a physical contact. But I have heard voices and seen a woman with a child asking lift, But my Uncle a cab driver insisted me never to stop in midnight for anyone other than cops. The reason he told me was that they were Ghosts of a woman and her daughter who were killed due to some communal problems. This happens mostly after Kanagachettikulam, Pondicherry until Mahabalipuram. I have personally saw these things years after my first sighting... Happy that no was harmed in your case... Cheerios.
phd (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-10)
Redwolf,

In India we address our real aunts and uncles by our regional languages hence any outsiders we call them Aunty and uncle...

For example, here she addressees her friend's mother as Aunty...
And any people we meet if elders generally we address them as Aunty and Uncle.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-08)
Hi Rithika Welcome to YGS
First I want to say not ALL spirits/ghosts harm people. Do you call her mother Aunty or was your Aunty there? I'm a bit confused by that. Secondly people can have an Out of Body experience if they are sleeping.
If you are all freaked out by this experience you and your friend can do the cleansing/shielding Method that a member named Rookdygin has on his profile page or find one that fits your religion. There is no reason to be afraid of a house or a basement unless you are told by a psychic/medium there is something there.
I was always afraid of my basement with good reason, there was a male spirit that didn't like women especially not me. When I was told that I asked the woman what I should do if he throws something at me and she replied catch it and throw it back at him. 😆
Regards
Red
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-05)
Hi, Ritika... Welcome to YGS... I think It could be reflection like Bonifaz said or may be some shape shifter like Holdyourbreath said... However I enjoyed your story:)
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
I would tilt more towards what Bonifaz had said that it could be the reflection. You fall from the stairs because you were excited.
I am not denying your experiences but it's just the rational explanations of what you have experienced.

Regards
holdyourbreath (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Hi Rithika I enjoyed your story, if you go back to the beach house BE CAREFUL! Entities can harm you! If you could find out if anything ever happened there that might give you the answer you are looking for...
On another note, the apparition you saw that looked like your friends mom, that could be an entity purposely doing that too. Some are capable of "shape shifting" (not sure if that is the actual term), but none the less some can take on the appearance of other people or things.
Good luck to you, I think if you dig up the history of the place that will answer some questions.
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Hello,
The image of your aunt you saw in the window, could it have been some sort of reflection?

Another thing: Was it the first time you have been to the beach house? If not, did you ever experience something unusual there?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: