You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Hall Of Horror

Real Ghost Stories

The Hall Of Horror

 

Growing up in my aunt's house was absolute torture. We had to move out of my grandma's house and into her house because it was closer to a better school for me and my brother.

It was my 10th birthday when the activity started. I was having a sleepover with my friend, and it was around 4:00 in the morning. She looked up, then turned pale white. I asked her what was wrong and she pointed at the wall. I looked up and saw a clear as day shadow person. It was completely black. When I looked up at it, it just turned around and walked away.

I ran down the hall and woke up my dad and told him what happened, but he just laughed it off saying we were tired, which I believed for a while. Then I started thinking, if we were both tired, would we have seen the same thing?

I didn't know if that was it at the time, but not even a month later I got my answer. It was real. It was the middle of the night and I had the weirdest nightmare that I don't really remember, but when I woke up, there was a yellow figure on top of me. It was huddled on top of me holding my arms and legs down, it turned its head and slowly evaporated.

Every night until we moved since that night there was something behind the bedroom door. I used to sleep with the hall light on and the door open. I'd wake up in the middle of the night to a thing I can only describe as darkness peaking at me from behind the door, like going out and in like it was scared.

One morning I woke up on a Saturday. My brother and I shared a bedroom at the time. My brother had already woken up and I saw a little boy sleeping on my brother's bed. I just left the room and let the little boy sleep there.

There was another night where I was sitting on the couch reading a book and, I'm not joking, heard an evil laugh. It sounded like my dad slightly, so I looked up, thinking he was home playing a joke, but when I did a shadow man floated through my legs and into the wall. I stared at the wall trying to find it. For a few minutes, I couldn't walk. It was around 11:00, I was playing with my toys and I saw the shadow of my dad coming down the hall, laughing. It was him. It was shaped like him and the laugh was his, I heard him snoring in his room at the same time.

One day me and my brother were going to scare my mom when she came home from work with Nerf guns, and I saw the shadow walk down the hall behind him.

To this day, when I visit my aunt's house, I won't go into the hall after dark.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 22jamann, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EverSooCreepy (1 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-12-28)
Can I narrate this story? This is great stuff I am always looking for the really creepy ones and this one got me! Not to make light of the situation of course...
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-09)
You say some of this activity has gone on since you were small. How long has your aunt lived there? Do you know any history about the house? Sounds like there are 3 or more entities there. Maybe the little boy you saw on the bed sleeping once lived there. That's interesting that your friend also saw the shadow figure when you were 10 years old. Does your aunt ever see or hear anything? Sounds like her home needs a cleansing to rid the house of negative/evil energy.
funeralmass (1 stories) (27 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-04)
I don't think the shadow entity and yellow, nightmare inducing entity, and laughing entity are the same beings. Gauging by everything I've heard and read about "shadow people" is that there are 3 basic types/personalities: those who are malicious, those who are observers (which seem to be the majority of them and the kind you encountered, they seem to be more curious than anything), and those people who use crystal meth see, lol (sorry, I couldn't resist, simply because I've heard of meth heads seeing them, haha). The yellow, nightmare inducing entity and the laughing entity may be the same (probably some kind of non-human entity that sounds weak, as it can scare kids [easy targets] but not really harm you, as it evaporated when you awoke, maybe walks around laughing to feed on your fear, but if a malicious entity wanted to harm you it would.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-02)
I have my own beliefs concerning shadow beings - and they are not good. The shadows appear limited to your Aunt's home, so I hope you are living somewhere else or have been able to either move, or at least limit the time that you had in that home.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-27)
Hello 22jamann,

From your story you said:

"Every night until we moved since that night there was something behind the bedroom door. I used to sleep with the hall light on and the door open. I'd wake up in the middle of the night to a thing I can only describe as darkness peaking at me from behind the door, like going out and in like it was scared."

I don't know if I would EVER be able to fall asleep in the first place if I had to expect that action all night.

No one except you and your friend ever saw anything in your aunt's house?

My only advice to you is that anyone (living or otherwise) that can't or won't confront you by the light of day is already at a great disadvantage. You don't have to be afraid.

I don't believe that this thing will bother you if you demand for it to leave you alone. It already appears to be afraid.

- Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: