You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The House Of Horror

Real Ghost Stories

The House Of Horror

 

This is my first ever story to share with you about my childhood experiences on the supernatural.

I grew up in a lively city near Davao. My family isn't well off around the time I was born which was in the 90's. But 3 years later, on the time my younger brother came, my parents decided to live at my mother's aunt's (we call her grandma) place since it was huge and of course, less expenses on our part.

We live together with my 2nd cousin's family and sometimes with my uncle who works abroad and come home to us once or twice in a year.

The house is a bit old, a semi-one storey with 4 bedrooms, a big kitchen, a huge storage room (it was actually more than a room since it took half of the total area of the whole house) where grandma stored her antique stuffs ranging from sewing machine, type writer and many more. The house also got a basement located inside the storage hall and a huge water tank built in stone on the other back side of the house.

Rumors already spread around my family and friends that grandma's house is haunted. It was like every month each member got their own taste or story to tell about the supernatural stuffs there.

The 1st story I will share with you is the 1st story I've heard from my family about the creepiness of the house.

This one was from my grandfather, mom's father, who eats at the house everyday mostly for dinner since he live next door from us. I was around 8-9 years of age when it happened.

He said one Saturday night, few weeks ago, he was alone in the kitchen. My parents and grandma were still out working while us kids were already in our beds, sleeping.

He was eating by himself on the table and across from him is an open door leading to the dark living room that time.

Then out of nowhere he noticed a semi-white transparent floating by the door. He said it formed into a lady in white dress with long hair that mostly covered its face.

Grandpa was definitely afraid for a while, but he said he was able to finish his food and wash up. He was even trying to feel its cold presence which was there the moment it appeared and when he saw it was still there, without further thinking, he passed by the lady in white through the door and walked out of the house!

Whether if that last part was true or not, knowing no one or seldom people can possibly really do that (ignore and pass by the ghost). For me, I believed grandpa was telling the truth. Since he's always a brave man for me. One concrete example I've witnessed was when we were robbed once at a gunpoint and Grandpa angrily shove his bag to the robber like no care of what the robber will do next. Thus, it's quite possible Grandpa breezed past the ghost like no care at all. What do you think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Itsabbie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-03)
Hello there Itsabbie! Pinoy here! I think stories like that are already common here in the Philippines. That makes me wonder why? Is it because of our tragic history? Or something else? Just a thought tho.

Thanks for sharing your experience and I hope I read more stories from you!
Itsabbie (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-03)
[at] ScottGrant: Thanks for your thoughts. You are right, fear of the unknown is a regular human reaction. And I do believe that spirits roaming in this world are just either in need of help or they don't know of their apparitions to us livings, thus their random appearances to us. I've never seen a spirit, or I may have but didn't know of it when I'm walking outside or passing by on the car (since I believe they can appear in broad daylight or any time of the day in every places, whether a busy street or in the mall, and they may look more human from a far), but I've had my fair share of supernatural experiences especially when I was young. I may not see, but I can hear and feel them.
Itsabbie (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-03)
[at] lady-glow: we had my aunt and uncle looking over us in our bedrooms that time, as far as I can remember. And they never experienced something around that time it happebed. 😕
ScottGrant (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-22)
Itsabbie

Salamat po for sharing your story. I am not surprised to hear of your grandfather's encounter with a ghost and I do believe your grandfather experienced his apparition. That he side stepped the lady in your story does not surprise me. The frightening part of such an experience is the strangeness one feels in the presence of the dead and the element of the unknown. We do not immediately know how the paranormal event actualizes from the death realm back to the life dimension so it is natural to fear the unknown. In my encounter the lady spirit never communicated in her body language that she meant me any harm so not having perceived a threat my only emotion was curiosity. After experiencing a spirit encounter one becomes much more able to believe the stories we hear about ghosts. Unless your spirit has found a way to inflict harm I don't believe random encounters should be a reason to become macho to show we are brave, but instead ask questions such as what is it like where you are? Why are you here? And how can I help you find peace? I regret very much that I remained silent and didn't ask a single question. I just stood there watching her until she disappeared into the wall.

Scott Grant
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-16)
Do you mean your Grandfather left his sleeping grandchildren alone with a ghost?! 😨

If that's the case, I hope he was sure the lady was a friendly ghost.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: