You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Scary Man

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Man

 

As I lay in bed with my 2 year old daughter I watch her as she seems fixed on something at the end of my bed. I ask her if she's okay and she tells me she's scared. When I ask what of, she tells me of the scary man. I tell her there isn't a scary man just you and mummy but she tells me that there is a scary man standing right there. I ask her why is he scary and she tells me he bites her. This has happened tonight and we are now camped out on the sofa as I'm pretty freaked out.

This isn't the first time its happened we've recently moved house and in my old house I have seen a man but I didn't feel a negative energy the way I do now. I also don't have anybody close to me who has passed away.

However, I feel my whole life I've been followed and never alone, my mum tells me I was a strange child who used to talk of a past life in vivid and descriptive detail and prefer to play alone from a very young age and she would often hear me talking to no one in particular.

Someone please help me. Is this just a 2 year old who doesn't want to go to bed or something else? And if it is something else, what can I do?

When I ask her if the man the man is gone, she tells me no he's in my bedroom. She doesn't know his name and hasn't quite got the vocabulary to describe him.

She told me one night he had a book. And on a different occasion she came running out of her room at about 3 am saying the same thing. I told the man to go away, we don't have scary men in our house and as I went to put her back in bed the light which I know was off, was on. This used to happen quite often in our old house too!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, beautifulworld, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-22)
beautifulworld,

I cannot help but wonder if there is a tramatic event in your and your daughters life OR something that happened in the house you have moved into...

You mentioned you had the feeling of being watched, but it was never a negative feeling... Then you moved... Is it correct to say that your 2 year old started 'seeing' the 'scary man' AFTER you moved into the 'new' home?

Thank you for sharing, please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-19)
I believe Biblio to be on the right track, encourage her to draw the scary man. If nothing else, it may offer up some clues as to what/who she is seeing.
Since she says he bites her, I too wonder if you have ever seen marks on her?
If you have a particular religion, you might see about having your home, daughter and self blessed. Doing a home cleansing wouldn't hurt either.
In this particular case, I'd suggest having your daughter 'help' with the cleansing. Tell her it will make the scary man go away. HOWEVER, if she has displayed any signs of being harmed beyond that of being scared, I'd do it while she was with relatives or something. Just as a precaution.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-19)
Hi, beautifulworld... I suggest that please don't leave your duaghter alone... You will not know but the entity can harm to her... Rook's method is very effective try it out... Take care of her all will be fine ❤
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
Greetings, Beautifulworld.

As your infant daughter lacks the vocabulary to issue a comprehensive description of the "scary man," have you thought about giving her some crayons to draw an image for you? If she's not happy with the result as a depiction of his appearance, perhaps you could join in and ask her if you're doing it correctly. If the result resembles, say, a muppet or a Scooby-Doo villain, I'd suggest an over-active imagination is to blame. However, if it appears to be a primarily-human depiction, but with unsettling attributes, there's a better chance that what is occurring is of a paranormal nature.

Perhaps you could introduce the idea a a game which involves drawing things which scare you (Rats, Snakes, Spiders, and Heights are relatively common fears), and you can explain that you can deal with your fear by drawing pictures so you won't feel frightened of them in the future.

Just a thought,
-Biblio.
Silentwings (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
I don't think this is just something that your daughter is saying to avoid bed. As to the reason she really wouldn't have much to make up a scary man in her young mind. Has she ever described what he looks like or if she sees anything on the book? You could try a cleansing in your house using sage, incense like sandlewood or dragons blood, Rook actually has a very good cleansing on his page. I hope things go back to normal soon.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
beautifulworld - I hate promoting my own stories, but have done it twice today alone. I think you might find this one helpful, or at least see the similarities but without the biting. It makes me wonder what she sees 😢

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=15872

I don't mean to brush past what your daughter is experiencing, but previous lives fascinate me. Do you remember it now or did it fade as you got older?
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
That must be terrifying for your little girl and you to... Has she ever woken up with bite marks or any other strange marks, your poor daughter having to see this scary man and then you knowing somethings there but cannot see it would be very frustrating and scary... What part of the UK is this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: