You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Myrtles Plantation Tour 2

Real Ghost Stories

Myrtles Plantation Tour 2

 

This is my second story about my stay at The Myrtles Plantation. The first one included pictures of what I thought was a face. The first few comments on my page agreed they see a face but think it might be nothing more then wanting to see something there. I have to agree that is probably the case, but it is still the first picture I show people when I talk about my trip. I will include some other pictures with Orb's in them with this one.

I want to tell you a little about the house in case anyone plans on going there. It is not one of the biggest or best kept places in Louisiana to see. The grounds outside are beautiful, but the house itself is old and once inside you can see that. It does make the whole haunting thing seem a bit more authentic but for a bed in breakfast, don't expect a 5 start hotel treatment. There are no TV's, radio's, computers, internet connections, or anything electronic in the house. It also has poor lighting in every room. The atmosphere is set up to scare people. We could hear everything inside and outside of the house from our room. For instance there was a noise we kept hearing in our room upstairs and we could not tell where it was coming from. Well, before we left we realize that anytime someone shut a door we could hear the chandelier rattle.

I have also learned that most of the stories they tell on the Ghost Tour can not be confirmed to be true. It doesn't mean they are completely made up or that they place is not haunted, just that the origin of the hauntings may not be accurate.

It is said that the house may be over an Indian burial site. That might be what started this off to begin with. There have been sighting of a little Indian girl around the house. There have been many deaths either by poison, diseases, and even murder on the property. There have even been sightings of civil was soldiers.

Myrtles Plantation 1
Myrtles Plantation 2
Myrtles Plantation 3
Myrtles Plantation 4
Myrtles Plantation 5

I would love to go stay there again, once on the grounds its almost like you have stepped back in time.

I hope you have enjoyed the pictures.

Missy

Other hauntings by Missy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Missy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Thuynga (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
Thank you for showing us some interesting pictures that you had taken, and I hope to read more stories from you.
FreeSpirit (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-25)
Missy, I just read your stories and saw your pictures. I see the face in both pictures! I would search online for professional investigaters.

I have some pictures with similar orbs and smoke images. Mine were developed with old fashioned film rather than digital. Otherwise I would definately share them with you.

Mine where taken at Mingo Falls and on the Cherokee Indian Reserve in NC. The smoke pics that I have show definate things. One of them is very clear appearing as a rooster, while others are just shapes and many people guess different shapes. However, both the orbs and smoke like images are very similar to yours. Additionally, no smoke is around, nor water near the campsite on the REZ.

What I have been told is that they are animal spirits. I was told that fire and smoke are sacred to most Native people. A fire is lit for prayer because it is believed that smoke carries prayers to the creator. Also, that animals have spirits and that most people have spirit guides in the form of animals. Furthermore, that the smoke can help give them form and make them stronger in the way that makes their presence more know to the people. Therefore, the idea of a burial ground, or perhaps even sacred ground at one time may be more accurate.
Missy (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Dre13,

It was taken from my friends camera the same night. Sorry about that.
Missy (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
TheUnknow,

If you look at the picture on the left side in the back ground there are two blurry lines. Its not moss and nothing stood out at me when I took the picture. It was just woods.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Uh,can any one help me with picture number 3,I can't see a ghost,spectre,orbs or a mist in it.

Im confused. Tell me what's in picture 3 please.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-01)
I would think in the last picture of the cat, that what ever it looks like an blurry orb isn't, as the cat wouldn't be sitting in the picture. But prettty scenery just the same.
DRE13 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-30)
Did you take the last picture in the courtyard? I'm only asking because the date on that picture is four years before your other pics.
Missy (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Sorry Linda but the Cat was real.
It lives at the house. I would of loved to gotten an animal that was not there in a picture.
lindamichelle1 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
lol the first thing I noticed was the cat in the fifth picture lol. XD

cute. Unless its a ghost cat xD
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-09)
Thank you, Missy, for answering my question. It is interesting, isn't it? There are so many young Indian sitings that can not be traced to any known burial site. Often there is a difficulty even finding a connection to the land. What makes it difficult to connect The People to any parcel of land is the nomad existence that so many of them live(d). However, it does seem to be an oddity for American Indian spirits, or ghosts for that matter, to be seen by someone who is not one of The People. I have often wondered why. Thank you.
Missy (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-09)
Whitebuffalo

No there is not proff of the Indaian burial ground. I believe they assume that because of the siting of a young Indian girl, but no I do not know of any proff that it was there.
As far as that goes I have also read that there is no proff of its most famous slave, Cloe. Although I have read that stories there can not be proven one thing is certain, there are some strange things that go on at that house.

I still can not wait to go back. Just knowing the history of the house (the things that we know did happen) make it a great place to visit.

Thanks for you comment.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
Hi Missy, is there any truth to the theory that Myrtles Plantation was built over an Indian Burial ground? I have never been there and honestly, on this site is the first time I even heard about it. That is interesting. Thank you for giving the both sides here as far as checking out the chandelier and pointing out the audio situation. I personally have problems with orbs. I have several photo's with them in it, but I can not say what they are. Thank you for the story.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-18)
Hey, Missy. Thanks for the story and the pics. I can't see anything in the daylight pic of the stream. Some of the orbs look good though. I found the one in the dark of the street lamp to be inconclusive to me (some may say otherwise) but the others looked really good. The single orbs in pics #1 and #3 looked really good to me since there was only one orb in each. It says 'not dust', to me at least. The misty object in #5 is kind of odd. I don't know what to say about it, it's more difficult when you're not there to see the big picture. I'm not doubting you in any way, it looks good to me but I don't have much experience along those lines. Thanks so much for the photos and for your story also!
Abby (710 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Dear Missy,

You are very much welcome. Once again, I appreciate your response and feedback. I also am grateful for your information that you have shared with myself and other YGS readers, as well. You have given me another destination to check in and check out. ;)

Thank You Again, Blessings, Abby :)
Missy (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Abby,

Thanks for the comment and I just wanted to say that I agree with what you said.

Missy
Abby (710 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Dear Missy,

I appreciate you sharing your second story about your visit and stay at Myrtles Plantation. I also commend you for being an open skeptic, and offering both sides to your stories, as well as author feedback. :)

I am not one who needs to be convinced of ghosts nor do I feel the need to convince another of my own personal paranormal experiences. I do however, personally believe, we, as human beings are responsible, when confronted to tell our own life stories and experiences based on our own core truth and integrity. Somewhere, between the truth and embellished truth lies the real truth. Thus, I do believe that between the stories told about the Myrtles Plantation there lies the truth about those restless souls trapped and await those who will come to guide them home to the other side.

One thing, as living human beings, we can visit such haunted places, stay awhile, and then freely leave to go home. Unfortunately, earthbound dead human beings cannot go home. We can check in and check out, but they checked in and never did check out. I pray for the day when we can all help to guide trapped souls home to the other side no matter the belief. I believe we are all entitled to check out with integrity and to be free as we are meant to be.

Blessings and Thanks, Abby
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
thank you for sharing your experience with us. I enjoy the pictures and the history very much.

God Bless!
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
thanks for the pics, the one with that empty white chair freaks me out a little hahaha...
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-04)
Missy, It's good to hear that you figured out that the noise you kept hearing was a chandelier ratteling. Most people would consider it as something to do with a haunting. Not bothering to look into it. Thanks for the story, the pictures, and you review of The Myrtles Plantation.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: