You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Dark Entity

Real Ghost Stories

A Dark Entity

 

The story is purely a second hand account.

It happened to my older sister in 2011 while she was home alone. I know it being the events as she tells them and not my own personal experience, one can question it's validity even more so. But my sister isn't the type to tell ghost stories and the way I found out only gives it more truth to me.

It happened on a Saturday night. I even know the exact time for a reason you'll see shortly.

It starts when me, my little brother and our dad had gone to a dirt track race at Sumter Speedway. We were there supporting a family friend who was making his dirt track debut in a super late model. My sister had stayed home because racing isn't really her thing. My mom and dad had been going through a tough time and so my mom wasn't staying with us at that moment.

Anyway, we were waiting for the final race of the night to start, the late model A-main, of which our friend had been able to qualify for. The race had to start late because of issues with the clay becoming to dry.

As we were waiting for the officials to get the track back to race conditions, my dad's phone rings. It was my sister asking where we were. My dad doesn't really know how to respond. He just says, "we're at... The track?" in a confused questioning voice.

My sister says "Y'all need to get home"

Dad, "Why, what happened?"

Sis, "I just don't want to be here alone."

My dad assures her that the last race is about to start and then we'll be there in about an hour or so. This is when I pull out my phone to see the time, 11:10pm

So the race ends, we chat with our friend and then head home.

When we walk inside, my sister has every light in the house on and is clearly relieved we're there. She then tells me what happened. She was in her room video chatting with her boyfriend when she not only heard her door start to slowly open but saw the knob turn. It stopped slightly open then slowly began to open about half way. My sister called out "dad?" Then my name. About 5 seconds after she called out, the door forcefully slammed shut. She jumps up believing I'm messing with her, only to find we were still gone and she's still there alone. Her boyfriend (who isn't a strong believer) even saw it happen on the web cam.

It didn't just end with my sister either. My dad told us that as he walked in, he saw my sister standing in the kitchen, only to have her disappear when he looked fully at her.

Some people have asked, "well if she was so scared, then why didn't her boyfriend come over to comfort her?"

Well, he would have... Had he not been living in Wisconsin at the time. We live in SC.

On a happier note, our friend placed 3rd that night and went on to place 2nd in season standings!

Other hauntings by ScareTale

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ScareTale, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

InTheNight (2 stories) (34 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-02-06)
[at] Scaretale and yeah, i'm from Finland (though i'm mostly karelian). I read about paranormal phenomena as a child and not much since, but I remember a lot.
InTheNight (2 stories) (34 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-02-06)
I've got some hindsight that could tie the door opening and the apparent etiäinen together.

I'm propably overthinking this, but the entity could've been planning to attack the sister but then retreated. In some stories the doppelgänger can try to take the original person's place.
ScareTale (8 stories) (14 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-23)
Hey InTheNight
That's an interesting story.
Also you mentioned the Etiäinen. Is it safe to assume you're from Finland? If so that's awesome. Finland is one of my favorite countries. A lot of the music I listen to is from there. Nightwish and Poets Of The Fall are two of favorite bands. Sorry, I know that's not paranormal related.

Macknorton
Yes, almost all of my experiences have happened in my parents home.

Lady-glow and Rajine.
I don't why she chose to stay in the house. It was late and my grandparents were the type to go to bed at 8:30pm. I don't know if she feared making them mad by waking them or what. She's also very stubborn, so that could have played a part 😆
InTheNight (2 stories) (34 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-06-19)
The latter thing about seeing something that looks like your sister and then dissappears sounds like a generic Doppelgänger or Etiäinen from my people's mythology (both have english wikipedia pages. The Ä is important).

I have frequent experiences with Etiäinens. When i'm alone in my upstairs room and my parents (and/or brothers, but they aren't required) are away, I often hear car in our driveway (sounds different from a car just passing in the road in front of our house), and the distinctive sound of our front door being opened. However, our dog won't bark (usually barks at everything, especially for my mother. Separation anxiety) and our door is locked when they're away. I think I only hear it when i'm upstairs.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-06-17)
Hi ScareTale

Really creepy experience your sister had, of I was her I'd have run out of there as fast as I can.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-06-16)
Hi ScareTale

Did all your posted stories occur in the same house?

Regards

Mack
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-06-16)
As RCRuskin, I wonder why she didn't call, or went to, one of the many family members living nearby.
I recall reading in one of your previous stories that your grandmother lives next door.

Was this the only time a spirit mimicked one member of your family?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-06-16)
Congrats to your racing friend, ScareTale.

I can relate to being in Wisconsin but needing to be in SC. I'm on the east coast and somehow, I've been tasked with helping a specific drug addict who happens to live in California. Not sure how to help from so far away. So it brings up the question: was there anyone who lived closer, aside from yourselves, your sister could call? I think it is nice when neighbors help out neighbors.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: