You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hallucinations, Coincidences Or Real Ghosts?

Real Ghost Stories

Hallucinations, Coincidences Or Real Ghosts?

 

I have always been interested in the paranormal and supernatural. When I read a ghost story, I can't take my eyes off until I have finished reading. But here are my experiences. But for some of them, I'm not sure if they are real.

When I lived in my first house (I moved twice) I felt like I could feel safe anywhere I go, except for one place: my basement. The basement was the one place I would barely ever go alone. I always needed a brother to come with me to do something. But when I had no brother to come with me, I would just go down there (usually to the deep freezer) get what I needed, then just run back upstairs. Usually I didn't look back, but when I did, I would expect to see something scary, especially a ghost.

When I was in first grade, I once brought home something that could change into an apple or something else. Then one night, as I was playing in the basement with it, I went upstairs to do something, and when I got back downstairs, it was GONE. I couldn't find a trace of it anywhere. The only other person who was down there was my dad, but he would almost never leave his corner of the basement during the day (he was always working on computers). I believe that I asked him what he did with it and I think he said he didn't go over there.

Usually when people on this website tell their stories, they say that some things disappear and reappear somewhere else (kind of like the TARDIS on the BBC show Doctor Who). Anyways, this apple toy didn't reappear, in fact it didn't reappear at all. Lots of things disappear in the basement without a trace.

Then in January of first grade, my grandpa was working on the kitchen floor and was going to put in new tiles. When my family and I went to McDonald's, I got a kids meal and my toy was a transformer. Then one day when I was playing with it in the basement, I went upstairs to do something, I got back downstairs and it was gone. I retraced all my steps and couldn't find it until a few months or years later.

This is part one of my experiences. I'll post part 2 some other time. Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, changerfett, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-10-01)
Hello changerfett, generally kids are scared of basements but whatever it was, I don't find anything negative in your narrative except for disappearing of toys you have been playing with. By the way, when did these things happen and what was the experience of your siblings? Quite difficult to say whether it is paranormal or otherwise without much information. It could be pets, may be not. Still thanks for sharing. And Welcome to YGS.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sereneamour (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-10-01)
Hey there! I have the same thoughts as you. I have always been interested in the paranormal and supernatural too and when I read a ghost story, I can't take my eyes off until I have finished reading also. I do have a few experiences myself too but weren't sure is it real or not and I wouldn't want to find out.

Moving on to your story,
Is a good thing that Singapore doesn't have basement for our houses. For that I won't be able to understand how you feel but I do look forward to part 2.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-30)
Ah basements...don't like them lol. I should clarify, don't like basements of older homes. To me they are often damp and cold and give me a creeped out feeling, a result of being under ground level, under insulated, and most likely poorly wired.

Often incoming wires are connected to old electrical panels and emerge to run clumped along exposed beams or studs, servicing various large appliances and furnaces housed in the basement, before they disappear into ceiling. Add incoming water pipes in close proximity as well as cable and a soup of opportunities for high EMF readings occur.

With poor grounding and wiring, EMF levels can be elevated, this is documented to produce all sorts of physical discomforts including the feeling of being watched,paranoia, confusion, tremors, nausea. If you are sensitive to Emf's,or chemicals in the home (gypsum, formaldehyde, cleaning products etc.) you could have been affected by these. It doesn't explain why the toys disappeared unless it was brought about by confusion or, the EMF's attracted a naughty spirit lol.

Now a days with new construction, I very rarely experience discomfort in basements. I have to admit, if the house is old, I often psych myself out just BECAUSE it is old and I'm sure that adds to the feeling!

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to part 2 also!
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-30)
Changerfett, I had the same thought as lady-glow about a pet being a possible culprit. Our dog has "sticky paws" and is very clever at hiding objects. We've been amazed at what large objects such a small dog can take off with. So, if you had a pet or someone with a pet was visiting you, it's definitely a possibility.

However, there are other possibilities besides pets to explain what happened. Did anything odd ever happen in the basement? By odd, I mean something like sudden temperature changes or odd odors.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
changerfett: it is very common for little kids to be afraid of basements, though it seems to me that you used to played quite often in there.
Something you do not mention in your story is if your siblings, too, were afraid to go to the basement on their own or if any or your parents felt uncomfortable staying there.

As for the disappearing toys, kids do not always remember where they put their stuff (same goes for many grown ups!). Or would it be possible that a little critter was the culprit? Perhaps a mouse, or a pet cat or dog "sharing" your toys?

Looking forward for part 2.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: