You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Encounter With Grandma

Real Ghost Stories

Encounter With Grandma

 

My beloved father died in 1987 of cancer. On 5 Oct 1989 Daddy's mother (the best Grandmother ever) died in her home. I was stationed in Homestead, Florida working as a Government employee/Air Force Reservist and got the phone call of her death from my Mom. That Christmas I flew home to California to spend time with the family.

My Grandmother's apartment had been built above the garage at my Aunt and Uncle's home in San Bernardino, California. When we got to my Aunt and Uncle's and after saying hi to family members I made a beeline for Grandma's apartment.

As I climbed the stairs and opened the sliding glass door I remembered that she had died just inside the glass door. She had gotten up to let her dogs out in the morning and my Aunt who would always came up in the morning found her. As I looked around her apartment I noticed that some of my cousins had removed certain pieces of furniture. She was quite musical and had a beautiful Organ that we all learned to play and it was gone. But her dining room table was still there and so were her playing cards. She could sit for hours and play solitaire but if she was not winning she would shuffle the cards and would always win (LOL).

I was in tears as I sat down and picked up the cards and started to play solitaire. As I sat there in such sadness I felt a hand on my shoulder. I reached back and patted the hand and smiled. With that touch I immediately felt better, peaceful. I don't know if it was Grandma or Daddy that was reassuring me that everything was okay but that is what the touch felt like. I was still very sad but knew that they were still with me.

Later on that day I went to the grave site and sat and told her thanks for reassuring me and tell Daddy hi.

Other hauntings by lbs2011

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lbs2011, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-15)
Hi lbs2011, very nice encounter and a beautiful experience. Thanks for sharing. Love is beyond life and death and once again it got proved through your nice experience. As Val said, you will carry that reassurance with you forever.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-13)
Hello,
Really nice story and very well written. It must have been your Grandmother comforting you. Such a nice gesture.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-13)
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. The first moments alone with a recently passed loved one's belongings can be soooooo hard, it is so hard to believe they are gone... I am so glad she let herself be known to reassure you. Xx
RadioGuy42 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-12)
Reminds me of my experience with my might-have-been-grandma.

Nice story, though. 😉
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-12)
This is such a sweet story. I'm sure your Grandmother was letting you know that everything's fine.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-12)
Very sweet. I'm glad you were able to receive this reassurance from Grandma. I hope you carry that with you forever. We're never really alone in this life.
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-12)
Such a nice story seems like your grandma was happy you were there

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: