You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Can An Entity That A Live Person Creates, Follow Them?

Real Ghost Stories

Can An Entity That A Live Person Creates, Follow Them?

 

My husband, Bob, and I had been married for two years when he was released from active duty in the Army. We moved to his hometown in Michigan and he tried to fit back into civilian life after 8 years in the military. However, things did not go smoothly for us and after a few months, I was in a downward spiral.

I was extremely depressed, homesick (I came from Minnesota), I was angry at Bob most of the time because he was drinking all the time. He was not working so we never had enough money for the bills. I was exhausted from working 2 full-time and sometimes a 3rd part-time job to pay bills and taking care of his kids, and he was taking most of our money and spending it on alcohol. So, I had a lot of negativity swirling around me and suddenly weird things started happening.

It started with my husband tripping over things on the floor that weren't there and falling (and this was when he wasn't drinking). Usually, when he did this, we were fighting at the time. It gradually got worse to where he fell on the stairs one time.

And then on Easter morning in 1989, he was helping me clean the house for his family to come over. He was bent over the tub scrubbing it, and as usual, we were arguing, when I heard him scream. When I went into the bathroom, he was holding the back of his head with blood running down and a huge cut on the back of it. Bob told me that he got hit by something really hard, but there was nothing laying on the floor or in the tub, there was nothing above his head and we couldn't figure out what happened.

So, I started thinking the house had a ghost because we had found bones under the house in the crawl space when we were replacing the foundation. Didn't think too much more about it and things kept happening to Bob for the next few months while we lived there and Bob started calling me a witch.

About 6 months later, we moved to an apartment in Ohio, because we could no longer afford to live in the house and had to move somewhere less expensive. And things kept happening there.

I received a phone call from my doctor in November of that year telling me I may possibly have cancer and I needed further testing. After the phone call, I went back to sleep because I was working 3rd shift, and while asleep, Bob said the glass storage jars for my flour and sugar were thrown off the shelves across the kitchen and busted on the opposite walls.

Also, a month after that, I was working at Red Lobster and my manager yelled at me after I asked him a question and embarrassed me a bit and made me a little angry. Fifteen minutes later he was trying to leave the kitchen with a full tray of food when he tripped over nothing on the floor and fell flat on his face. I had witnesses that said I was on the other side of the kitchen, but there were also witnesses that said they saw me trip him.

Over the next 20 years, Bob and I moved from the apartment in Toledo, Ohio to a house in Delta, Ohio to a duplex in Adrian, Michigan, to an apartment in Champlin, Minnesota and then to a townhouse in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota.

Over those years, things kept happening until in 1995. One night I was at the top of the townhouse thinking that pizza would be delicious for dinner. I really wanted some pizza but I was too lazy to go downstairs and tell my husband. About 1 hour later, I went downstairs and Bob was making pizza and I told him that is exactly what I wanted. He told me I had told him 30 minutes before when I was standing at the top of the basement stairs and told him pizza would be good for dinner. He told me he saw my legs and heard me tell him and yet I had never moved.

Over the last 10 years, we have moved from that townhouse to a single family home in Brooklyn Park and things continue to happen. Whatever is here has terrified one of my dogs, Dakota (husky/shepherd mix) who ran into the bedroom one night about 2 am and jumped on the bed and refused to look at the bedroom door, shaking really bad. After a few minutes I said out loud that they needed to stop scaring my dog because I needed to sleep to go to work in the morning. Bob was in Iraq at the time. A couple minutes later Dakota laid down and went to sleep. That happened many times.

Now, whatever is here, knocks on my parents' bedroom door early in the morning to wake them up, knocks on the inside of my closet door at midnight for 30 minutes straight for about 2 weeks at a time, has growled on the other side of the bathroom door in the middle of the night, has made coughing sounds that are just like my husband's in the family room in the middle of the night when he has been in bed with me. We've seen the knob on the stereo turn up by itself, things disappear and reappear, things are moved around, etc. I also see a shadow figure in my bedroom and bathroom quite often and sometimes he does try to scare me. I just have to tell him to stop.

So, I'm wondering if I created something way back when we lived in Ohio when I had all that negativity in my life and had it follow me from place to place? I just don't see how all of the places I have lived in could be haunted. My current home is only 40 years old and we are the second owners of the house. If it is something I created and it has followed me, how do I unmake it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, michelelee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-27)
I think that if you have created some sort of thought form then its quite possible that it has attached itself to you. It seems to be fond of you and wants to cause harm to those who upset you. Thanks for sharing your story!
InfiniteSpirits (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-23)
I believe that this is a spirit and since you were having negative experiences you created negative energy and spirits feed off our energies so it became negative when you did but now that you have become less stress and over all happy it is now just annoying to try to get your attention
Stat safe
-Huston
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-11-20)
michelelee,
From what you've told us, I tend to think the 2nd entity (where you are now) is different from the one prior 1995. I also feel it's intelligent because it stops when you tell it to.
The good news is, except for being annoying it doesn't do any real damage, from what you've said. Since it listens when you tell it to stop doing something, you could try talking to it and laying down some ground rules, like no trying to scare you for one thing. But, I really feel you should try Rook's cleansing and shielding method, tons on here swear by it.
missmaryo (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
I think it's possible that you have an extremely strong mind and maybe you are doing these things subconsciously. I'm sure you've seen the movie Carrie, well kind of like the power that she had. I think it's less likely that it's something you created. And as far as things getting annoying with it like you say it is more recently, it could be because your subconscious is craving some excitement.
I have no idea how you would stop things from happening though...
I'm no professional but my that's my opinion and you should probably just try and keep your positive attitude. At least nobody is getting hurt anymore!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
michelelee,

Please feel free to use the Cleansing and Shielding method I have posted on my profile... It can be tailored to fit any Religion or Faith...

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
michelelee (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
Thank you all for your advice. KayKay - I actually don't work anymore and my husband doesn't drink anymore. I have tried to move into a more stress-free lifestyle. No life can ever truly be stress-free but I honestly do not feel stress at all anymore. My husband went to Iraq and we had a very difficult time when he came home (disabled), but then he had 3 strokes and his whole personality changed and he had to quit drinking. I am now his primary caregiver at home. I retired to take care of him and it has been the best time of my life. That's when this entity stopped being so mean, and is now just annoying. I no longer get angry at anyone for anything, and don't even remember the last time that I got into an argument with anyone. The last mean thing was when it growled and we were having a lot of stress at that time (a few years ago) when my step-daughter and 4 grandchildren were living here, right after Bob came home from Iraq and we were having the house remodeled. The kids went back to Kentucky after my husband's strokes. The entity became annoying after that and just does poltergeist activity or tries to scare me. I have become closer to God, I pray more, I have no negativity in my life and my family and I am extremely close. I have cleansed the house the best I can, however, my husband is extremely superstitious and I am unable to bring any kind of psychic or anyone involved in that field into my house. Not sure what else I can do.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
michelelee I am agree with the other posters here... I also think that the negativity opened a door for evil entity to latch you and your family... Be positive, try meditation this will help to create a positive halo around you... Hope everything will be fine soon ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
michelelee - both rook and kaykay have given great advice. The only thing I would like to add to it is you can smudge your home, as well as yourself. If you aren't familiar with smudging, basically it is cleansing your property and self of negative energies.
kaykay3313 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
Wow that is a lot of activity! Michelelee I am no expert and I'm sure a lot of people on this site can give you better advice than I. But if you think this thing is a poltergiest, which it sounds like you do. I would try my best to work out anything that has been bothering you. I know no one can live a stress free lifestyle but you must do your best to quit holding thing's in. Talk to your husband about helping you more and tell him it hurts you to see him drink so much. Also when your boss is being a jerk don't be afraid to speak your mind to him (don't be disrespectful). Just say something along the lines of I would appreciate if we could discuss this in private or something like that. If he refuses quit. You don't deserve to be treated like that and if they don't give you the same respect you give to them then they don't deserve you as an employee. I'm not sure if you work there still or if you and your husband are still having issues, but you must start dealing with your feeling's in a healthy way so they stop manifesting in this way. I hope I was helpful sincerely kaykay3313
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
michelelee,

While it is possible for something like you are asking to happen your full experience sounds as if it may be because of TWO different 'entities'. Another option is telekinetic outbursts because of your stress levels.

The first was 'created' by the stress and negative energy levels in your house hold, and it seems you created it and it 'struck out' when you were angry...OR...Telekinetic Outbursts 'directed' towards whomever you were mad at.

I would suggest the 'former' because a 'few' of these 'experiences' someone 'saw' a figure.

As for what you are currently experiencing...I'm less sure of... I venture to say its something different because of how your dog is reacting to it as well as who its effecting. While it is possible that the 'stress' entity that MAY have been created has 'morphed' into an independent entity and is attempting to 'create' an environment that has the 'energy' it needs to sustain itself.

Thanks for sharing and please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: