You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadows That Follow Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadows That Follow Me

 

Just my word so it's all down to you if you believe me, but I promise you this isn't made up or something out of a dream. This is real and these things or creatures do exist!

It all started just before my grandma died. My family, we four including me, my elder sis, mom and dad moved in with her to give her a hand as she was really ill. I must have been around 9 at the time. There was only one room with a king-size bed so me and my mum shared it.

One night I don't know what woke me but it was early hours, I just sat up in bed and there was a glass pane at the top of the door frame that shone out to the hallway. My nan always left the hallway light on.

Well this one night while I was sat there I looked through the glass and saw this shadow walk past the window then stop and look behind it as another shadow walked towards it. At that point I woke my mum and we both sat there and watched these two shadows walk from one side of the glass to the other. They must have been about 7 feet tall. Well after this we woke my nan and all of us searched the bungalow, but it was empty.

After this event my nan died and we moved out. To this day I think something followed me. Loads things used to happen, from footsteps coming up the stairs to doors opening and closing. I think the scariest events had to be this voice that use to always call my name.

To start with it was a little girl's voice, my mum use to tell me to ignore it, I think she thought I was going nuts. One time when I was about 13 I was on my own when it started calling me, louder and louder and then it turned from a little girl's voice to this horrible malicious voice shouting it. Then the back door flew open and a handprint appeared on the glass pane.

The other scary event was when I woke up in the middle of the night to the grim reaper at the bottom of my bed (yes I know what you're thinking, but believe me when I say it was there). Me and my friend were top and talking and it was right next to her. It must of been about 8 feet tall cloaked in a pitch black cloak, with this thick black smoke rising from the bottom of it. It saw me looking a disappeared right in front of my eyes.

Well after that we moved, few more things happened, but that's just a completely new story...

Other hauntings by ygs_sayan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ygs_sayan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-25)
Hi, Redwolf... Same here even I hate people who try to bully others... Anyway I am glad that you understood my point... And I am very glad that I am a part of an amazing portal where people respect each others sentiments, emotions and thoughts.

A big Thanks to you 😁
Lots of respect and Love,
Sheetal
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-24)
Hello Sheetal
I did indeed need to apologize. I spoke out of anger and I should check myself before I type. I overstepped my boundary even if he did deserve it. I should have just walked away from the computer for a few minutes but I hate people who try to bully and I lowered myself to that level. Thank you for understanding my friend.
Respect and Regards to you
Red
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-12-24)
Hello Redwolf... Please don't apologize... I can understand this words has came out because of the unethical comment of YGS_sayan made and he totally deserve this... These type of people, actually demolish the pride of country... And you've made an opinion just because of this... There is no need to be sorry... I just wrote here because I don't wanted to diminish my country's pride just because of these people...

And I am quite happy that you understand my points... Thanks a lot dear... Heartily thanks... ❤ ❤

We will always be friend.
Thanks & Regards,
Sheetal
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-24)
Sheetal
I apologize to you for the statement I made to ygs_sayan. You are absolutely correct that some men in my country speak to women in a disrespectful manor. I should not have made that statement and for that I am sorry. I hope you can forgive me, my only defense is ygs got my ire up and that is not much of a defence. Once again I apologize, I hope we can remain friends.
Regards and respect to you.
Red
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-24)
Hello, Redwolf... I think O/P deserve everything which you have written... Even I too find him quite annoying, disrespectful... But I am not okay with the line you have written here '...It may be fine in your country to speak to a woman that way...' All the person are not same... And except some handful people all the men are not bad... And do not speak to woman in that way... And this is not the story of only one country and that can happen in your country too... Please don't take it other wise but I just want to make it clear that my country respect to women... And just because of some handful man I am not going to tolerate this comment...

I am really sorry... But I just want to clear your misconception.

Respect and Regards,
Sheetal 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-09)
Okay thanks to all who have supported us (mods) on this thread. However, being antagonistic and/or threatening to the o/p really is not necessary nor is it condoned. We would not tolerate this attitude from new members who may not know better, and members who have been around for awhile should know better.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-08)
Is it paranoia or déjà vu?...it seems to me that this poster "smells" like Donut!😭
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-08)
ygs_sayan

AHEM (clears throat)

Don't you DARE get snarky, look down on, or disrespect Miracles or ANY other moderator on this site again. It may be fine in your country to speak to a woman that way but it is NOT okay to do so on this website.

Do you think we Americans are so stupid to believe that your little
Brother plagarized this story? We are NOT! If you so vehemently
DENY that you posted this story then put your big boy pants on and change your password so it won't happen again.

Now that you have been put on notice about plagiarism. I am putting you on notice. IF you EVER speak to a moderator in less than a respectful tone EVER again and I am the first to spot it or even the second I will personally report you to Martin and encourage everyone else to do so. By the way if you get disrespectful to me or anyone else I will do the same.

Respectfully
Lisa aka RedWolf
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2015-12-07)
Just an adjustment to what Rook said about copyright law and websites, such as YGS (forum based): Although the site administrator/owner would be contacted and told to remove the plagiarized material, it is the poster who remains legally responsible - as long as the 'site' complied.
In the case of a law suit over said material the poster would be the one held liable.
Sayan was quick to say, "The account is mine, and its MY copyright © under the name~ ygs_sayan & it is hence ME who would when wish would do whatever with the account at any moment..." which is how the law would view it: YOU are responsible for your account, i.e. The material posted using it. It does not matter if your brother, mother, or dog posted using your account, you are still responsible. In a court of law (assuming the plagiarism did lead to a law suit) you would need to prove that it was not you. Legally you have several serious defense flaws 1) you failed to notify anyone of the site (moderators or administrators) of the breach of your account and 2) you admit to having given your brother your password, which suggests culpability.
Most cases of plagiarism are considered misdemeanors, punishable by fines of anywhere between $100 and $50,000 -- and up to one year in jail. If one earned money by the plagiarism the fines are much steeper and it can be up to 10 years in jail.
Now given a case like this particular one, where lawyers et al have not been involved, and apparently the original author is not yet aware, it could have been handled 'in house' easily enough. As soon as your are aware that someone else is using your account NOTIFY a mod (emails on their profiles, last I looked) or use that lovely CONTACT link and alert the administrator, the stolen material can then be deleted. As this stands, the poster has tossed a fit, making him/her look more guilty and childish rather then the victim they claim to be, and Martin will probably need to delete this story and the comments.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-12-07)
Rook and Biblio - just a quick thanks for the support and additional information to ygs_sayan. 😊
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-07)
ygs_sayan - well, you could always change your password. That would put a stop to your naughty brother and we would have no more plagiarized stories coming from your account. Right?
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-07)
Sayan:

Please do not become agitated with Miracles; rudeness will accomplish nothing.

The problem, from an entirely legal point of view, is that publishing a previously-copyrighted narrative under your screen-name, which should be protected by your password, is that it is a stolen story; your ownership of the YGS account has no standing for you to claim a copyright on that material. If it was your brother who did it, he committed a dishonest act (theft) and pretended it was your responsibility (identity theft). However, as this is an international forum, there's no way to prove that your brother is responsible beyond a court order to get a forensic analyst to go through the logs on your hard-drive.

Miracles, like the other moderators, first decides which stories are worth everyone's time to read, then ensures that people do not type rude/offensive messages in the comments.

When did you discover that your brother was committing these crimes? It would certainly have helped everyone else here if *you* had alerted the moderators to the problem, then added a message in all-capital letters in the comments section of each plagiarized story, telling everyone that the story was not yours and apologizing for your brother's use of your personal password-protected account to mislead people and to blame you for several violations of international law.

Miracles is a moderator who is conscientious in her decisions, and -when she makes mistakes- errs on the side of leniency. It seemed to me that she was being quite fair to you in her rebuke and that your anger to her was uncivil.

Do take care.
-Biblio.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-07)
(Climbs on soapbox)

Yo 'Super sayan',

Back of the Mod. She was just letting you know that because there is NO WAY to tell if its your younger brother or you who has submitted a 'story' and because it's been shown SOMEONE using your account 'BROKE THE LAW' that no further 'stories' would get published.

You want to get schooled in RULES...

"The legal repercussions of plagiarism can be quite serious. Copyright laws are absolute. One cannot use another person's material without citation and reference. An author has the right to sue a plagiarist. Some plagiarism may also be deemed a criminal offense, possibly leading to a prison sentence. Those who write for a living, such as journalists or authors, are particularly susceptible to plagiarism issues. Those who write frequently must be ever-vigilant not to err. Writers are well-aware of copyright laws and ways to avoid plagiarism. As a professional writer, to plagiarize is a serious ethical and perhaps legal issue."

Penalties can include Jail time and or monetary re-imbursement. The site CAN NOT run the risk of you, or your younger brother (as you insist did this) repeating the offence.

Respectfully,

Rook

(Climbs off soapbox)
ygs_sayan (guest)
-4
8 years ago (2015-12-07)
Also if this would have been that a conversation or a social networking site I would have been more open with the same... I guess, you know well what I mean...#Miracles51031 And for yes of course!, if YOU feel like making deletion of my account which might be what you are thinking of already being a moderator, you just don't need to worry... Just feel free to speak up & I would be there to cooperate as well. The account is mine, and its MY copyright © under the name~ ygs_sayan & it is hence ME who would when wish would do whatever with the account at any moment. <<Don't you dare try teach me rules,******>> 🤔
ygs_sayan (guest)
-4
8 years ago (2015-12-07)
listen...#Miracles51031 or whatever may be your name... I don't care if you are a moderator, but being one does that mean you would simply continue barking around and play with people's feelings by abusing or threatening them...yes, this was kind of threat which you did by posting about plagiarism... I think I did apologize for the inconvenience already... And yes, for your kind information, it just wasn't me, but my younger brother who's been handling the account of mine... Moreover, I did make commitment of not having any such sort of inconvenience repeated in the future... It's also to let you know that I'm not sorry for I may have used vulgar or offensive words in the post, rather I would say you better hear them for which is the reality. 😐 🤔
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-12-07)
As I said on one of the stories I returned due to plagiarism, do not submit any more. 😐
ygs_sayan (guest)
-2
8 years ago (2015-12-07)
ohh, that's absolutely correct of what you posted #biblio, Miracles51031... You know, it's my brother who's been stalking and posting repeatedly and has been using my account at YGS since about a week or probably even longer... I did even check at Google where I found that there is already a story pre-posted in www.paranormal360.co.uk under a different name of the poster that also with the same name & contents as that of the story being here. Holy shiat... If only deletion of stories once published could be made at YGS... It's just so disrespectful and pathetic of his doing... I'm just without words. 😢 Really don't know how to make it talking to you people about this, but I feel so low...yeah, we guys are really close, & it's just he who knows my password... Though I know about all he did was just kidding and out of childishness... However, I do assure that this just would not be repeated further as I also have been done with scolding and making him understand a bit, anyway any inconvenience is deeply regretted... 😢
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
-1
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
Thanks, Biblio, for pointing this out. I've found other recent submissions that are someone else's stories that our poster is trying to pass of as his own. I'm pretty sure he got my point when I returned them 😉 😆
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
ATTN. Mods:
Miracles, you just posted about 30 minutes ago. Something about the description of the shadows through the transom sounded familiar to me; particularly the detail about their being "about 7 feet tall." I thought it had been a submission on YGS earlier in the year, but all I found in my first search was the following narrative, submitted by Tina Randles (U.K.), to the website "Paranormal 360." http://www.paranormal360.co.uk/real-ghost-stories-the-shadows-that-follow-me/

"Just my word so its all down to you if you believe me, but I promise you this isn't made up or something out of a dream. This is real and these things or creatures do exist!
It all started just before my nan died, me and my mum moved in with her to give her a hand as she was really ill. I must have been around 9 at the time. There was only one room with a kingsize bed so me and my mum shared it. One night I don't know what woke me but it was early hours, I just sat up in bed and there was a glass pane at the top of the door frame that shone out to the hallway. My nan always left the hallway light on.
Well this one night while I was sat there I looked through the glass and saw this shadow walk past the window then stop and look behind it as another shadow walked towards it. At that point I woke my mum and we both sat there and watched these too shadows walk from one side of the glass to the other. They must have been about 7 feet tall. Well after this we woke my nan and all of us searched the bungalow, but it was empty.
After this event my nan died and we moved out. To this day I think something followed me.
Loads things used to happen, from footsteps coming up the stairs to doors opening and closing. I think the scariest events had to be this voice that use to always call my name. To start with it was a little girls voice, my mum use to tell me to ignore it, I think she thought I was going nuts.
One time when I was about 13 I was on my own when it started calling me, louder and louder and then it turned from a little girls voice to this horrible malicious voice shouting it then the back door flew open and a hand print appeared on the glass pane.
The other scary event was when I woke up in the middle of the night to the grim reaper at the bottom of my bed (yes I know what your thinking, but believe me when I say it was there) me and my friend were top and tailing and it was right next to her, it must of been about 8 feet tall cloaked in a pitch black cloak, with this thick black smoke rising from the bottom of it, it saw me looking a disappeared right in front of my eyes. Well after that we moved, few more things happened, but that's just a completely new story...
Submitted by Tina Randles, United Kingdom. "

Thought you'd like to know.
-Biblio.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
ygs_sayan - please make sure they are your own stories if you do.
ygs_sayan (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
Thank,you macknorton for liking my story. Yes it has been damn scary. Will like to share more of my experiences in future.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
Hi Sayan - thanks for sharing. I thought the part of your experience where you wrote:
"One time when I was about 13 I was on my own when it started calling me, louder and louder and then it turned from a little girl's voice to this horrible malicious voice shouting it. Then the back door flew open and a handprint appeared on the glass pane"... Was very chilling.

That must have seriously freaked you out! If these low-level spirits enjoy terrorising people, they sure know how to do it! I wonder of they have contests...
ygs_sayan (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
#lady_glow You're 'bsolutely right
you know, by 'talking' I did mean we're awake... However it was a subconscious mind kind of thing... My friend was wide awake, while I was asleep already... & yes, it happened in the same house that's of my grandfather in New Jalpaiguri, India. It was the weirdest thing ever, that had had ever happened to me...:o it's hard to believe, ohh yeah I know... But when sometimes things do appear before you in such a wild way that it's just too tough to even feel & express... Respectfully~ ygs_sayan...
ygs_sayan (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
ohh...sorry for having posted the same for more than once... 😜
ygs_sayan (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
#lady_glow
You're 'bsolutely right
ygs_sayan (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
#lady_glow
You're 'bsolutely right
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-12-02)
Did this experience happen in the same house from your previous story (The 'ghostly' encounter)?
Did your father and sister see the shadows too?

Sayan: although English is not your first language, you are doing a heck of a good job writing your stories; I bet you are the top student in your English class... But it would be a good idea to read carefully what you have written before submitting a story.
Do not take me wrong, but I think that this part is confusing and contradictory:

"... I woke up in the middle of the night to the grim reaper at the bottom of my bed (yes I know what you're thinking, but believe me when I say it was there). Me and my friend were top and talking and it was right next to her..."

If you were talking with your friend that means you were awake and could NOT have been awaken by the apparition, right?

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: