You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Unseen Entity

Real Ghost Stories

The Unseen Entity

 

It happened when I was in class six. I heard it from my parents, uncles, aunties and my elder sister. Ours was a joined family. Luckily when this happened me and my twin counterpart were in a boarding school.

The incident goes like this- two young lads who were local mustans working for a political party were smashed to death. Both the murders took place in front of our main gate. Blood stains were there on the gate for long number of days. Our house was on a large area of land (around 27 kattahs). House building was built on 5 cottah of land in Dhupguri, sub divisional city in the Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal, India. Rest of the part was like a small forest. So the environment of our house was always bit spooky.

So coming to the murder again, it was so brutal that people stopped coming out of their houses after 7.00 pm for couple of weeks. Supernatural stuffs started taking place right from the day when such a terrible crime took place.

Every midnight some noises were heard like some one walking on the rooftop, stone pelting, door banging and grille shaking. But when my parents and uncles searched for reasons they found none. My elder brother used to stay alone, but after the incident he started staying with my uncle. My Aunt was sent to her mother's house.

One night my uncle kept the TV on. As usual the grille started shaking and they increased the volume of TV to avoid the unnatural stuff. But the grille shook more and more with the increase in volume.

My uncle told me that one night he saw one man crossed the 7 feet boundary wall with a single jump. He also saw a beautiful dog which was hard to find in the locality. Things like this went for quite number of days until when we came to know that antim sanskar (last rituals) of the two dead chaps were done.

Other hauntings by ygs_sayan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ygs_sayan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ygs_sayan (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-26)
ohh...thanks a lot for sharing the information... It was a great help... 😁
Whodat (42 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-23)
Okay I found an article on Wikipedia about it. I don't know if I can post links here, but just search Wikipedia for "40th day after death" and you can read about what I was referencing. Apparently lots of Catholic Filipinos hold similar beliefs as well.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-23)
Whodat and RedWolf--Online I found this--"Filipino Catholics believe that the souls of the dead wander this natural world for 40 days before going to their final or transitory supernatural realm." However, this Filipino belief, " is completely based on tradition without any Biblical basis whatsoever."

I was curious about this too so I looked it up!
Whodat (42 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-23)
Sayan - thanks for clearing that up. I was just wondering.

Redwolf - I can't remember what Christian tradition I was reading about that believed the soul could stay on the earth for 40 days after the body died. Apparently they held this belief because Jesus stayed on the earth for 40 days after His resurrection before His ascension to heaven and appeared to hundreds of people during that 40 day period. I'll try to look that up and find out what group it was. Not that it's relevant to this story. I was just wondering if any other religions had a similar belief and why.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-11-23)
Whodat,
I've never heard of any Christian who believes that a soul can wander around for 40 days after their death if they had their last rites. Some souls are earthbound for certain reasons, some die so suddenly they don't know they are dead, some are guardians. But I never heard of what you are talking about. Once a person in given their last rites they go to heaven. Or be hell if they were a despicable person. Some Christians don't believe in hell, but if there is no hell where do murderers and serial killers go?
ygs_sayan (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-21)
#Whodat
Also as per as my concern, the incident (s) lasted for quite about 20 days... But days after the last rites were made the condition went a bit better... 😐
ygs_sayan (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-21)
[at] whodat...well, if say about the last rites/ rituals in Hinduism, especially in Bengali (which we are) are supposed to have it within 13-14 days... However, the thing does depend upon castes and other issues too... It depends you know...
Whodat (42 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-20)
Sayan, I'm not too familiar with Hinduism. How many days does it take for the last rituals to be completed? I know that some Christian people believe that a person's spirit can wander around separate from the body for 40 days after that person's death. I've always wondered if this were true.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: