You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Moms Will Always Be There

Real Ghost Stories

Moms Will Always Be There

 

I grew up in a small town called Oviedo, FL. It's about 30 minutes via highway from Orlando. The town is rich in history and a lot of orange groves. I have always felt ghosts, demons, etc. I feel and feed off of their emotions. For as long as I can remember I have had two demons with me but they don't really bother me unless something bad is about to happen.

Back in 2011 when I was 15, I had a dream about someone dying. The next morning I woke up and saw my demons, both of them which is very unusual, standing at the foot of my bed. So I took it as anything else, just something's going to happen. I went to school and had a really unnerving sensation in my stomach all day but I just blew it off.

I got home a little bit early and my mother called me into my father's room. She was sitting on his bed while my dad was sitting in the small blue couch next to the bed. I saw a tube going from a bag to my mother's stomach and I'm like ok what's going on. She looked me dead straight in the eyes and said "Honey, I have cancer. I don't know how long I have left but I will try to stay to watch you graduate." I was so angry I left and took my bike around the lake I was living by and stopped at a grove. I would walk back there all the time.

Six months passed, I am now 16 and my mother passed in August. Now growing up I was on ADHD medication and I would get hungry at night. I would try to sneak past my mother's room to get something to eat but she would always wake up and yell at me to go back to bed. So after she passed, I would still try to sneak past her room and I wouldn't hear anything.

One night, as I should sneak past her room, I heard her talking to me, telling me to go back to bed. For a minute I forgot she passed and stood at her door and talked. I didn't come out of my little haze until my father came out and asked me who I was talking to. I was so shocked that I lost my appetite and went back to bed.

Christmas came around and I put up the tree by myself and the lights, etc. One night, as I was walking out to get something to eat, the tree was right before the kitchen, the lights on the Christmas tree came on by itself. I looked at it dumbfounded. A few seconds passed and then I saw her, my mother. She wasn't transparent, she was solid, like she was physically there. She was smiling her famous smile, the one mother's wear to let the kids know they are okay. She said three words "I love you" and them she disappeared.

It been 6 years since then and I've felt her everyday.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jtcidk407, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Jtcidk407 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-25)
When I said I feel and feed off of emotions, this is the best way to explain. When I feel a ghost, spirit, demon, etc., I get rid of my emotions like dumping out a box. When I feed off of the emotions, I feed that empty box the emotions of whatever is around me, put their emotions in the box. Their emotions are my emotions now. If they are happy I'm happy, if their sad I'm sad etc.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-24)
Losing one's mother has to be a terribly traumatic event giving the author of this account issues to deal with for years to come- which may explain some of what is puzzling in this account. I don't find the ghostly encounters hard to believe at all. And going from cancer diagnosis to death in a matter of months is terrifyingly not that uncommon. I understand the anger as well - angry that you hadn't seen this coming, anger that your mother is leaving you, anger that your mother is being taken away, anger that there is nothing you can do about it - the anger in these situations doesn't have to be rational to still feel very real. And taking a bike ride round the lake at that moment to let some of it dissipate instead if blowing up on their dying mother - I'd say that was a good and very mature choice. And I get the 'feeding off of' spirits bit but I so think we do have a phrasing issue - given that as the author explained, they are not implying that they gain emotional or physical succor from spirits but that they are reading their aura to understand them better - many empaths mention the same thing.

As for the 'demons'...now I do stick at that. Perhaps its a phrasing issue again. Perhaps these are guardian spirits but the author grew up referring to them as demons for whatever reason (i.e.coloquialism, lack of a better term when they were first seen, maybe their appearances are somewhat devilish for whatever reason). I agree that this issue does cause the reader to question the validity of this account but I honestly feel that if we look at it from another angle, there is truth in it.
L_Melb (220 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-21)
I am no expert but I take the word "protector" to mean positive action.
I have always taken demons to be malevolent and I don't think this solitary "story" will convince me otherwise but if the author is in fact being truthful, some help from a medical professional may be where to start. I'm not being flippant either, if this is how the o/p truly thinks, I worry for them
Jtcidk407 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-21)
Feeling and feeding off of emotions is actually something I have to deal with for a long time. What I mean is what the other person or spirit is feeling, I feel it and if I want to I feed off of it so I can understand what they are going through and help them. As for the demons, they are more of protecters. They keep any other demons or spirits away from me if they wish to do me harm and they warn me about people and events.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-21)
Hi Jtcidk407, it is not a normal situation to have 2 "demons" hang around you. They are called "familiars" also can be known as "attachments". IMHO please see a priest / pastor and get them to exorcise them out of your life. Prayer works too.
Jodie_S (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-20)
Ummmm...I am calling shenanigans here. None of this makes any kind of sense - timelines to casually saying "my demons"...*sigh*
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
I'm so sorry to hear some of you have lost your mothers. That is heartbreaking at any age.

I wonder if the OP has a different definition for demons...
abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
First time hearing the phrase, "my demons". Lol
It's hilarious. The writer casually says "my demons" like it's something so common that everyone has 1 or 2
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
Hello Jtcidk407,

I too lost my Mother, when I was nine, how lucky you were to have yours for so much longer.

I do have questions and I wish you would answer:
Why were you angry, were you angry with your Mother for becoming sick? Instead of taking the moments you had left to be with her, you run off to the lake.

So one day all was fine, just you and your ghosts and demons and like a second later your Mother had a tube in her belly. Are you saying she never was gone for long periods of time, in the hospital, or undergoing treatments? You had no idea she was ill? She didn't have months of recovery, a time that you were unable to see her?

You bet I have questions, but I doubt you will truthfully answer.

To all other readers, please forgive my personal frustrations, I can't take it when someone has to make the story all about the big me.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
Jtcidk407--The section of your account detailing your mother's smiling apparition visiting you to to impart, "I love you" was very moving. I am sorry that your mother lost her life to cancer. My mom died of cancer several years ago. If the wonderful visit by your mother was all of your account it would have been an extremely compelling one.

However, as lady-glow has already noted, there are some pretty wild aspects that stretch credulity. Besides you being able to feed off of the emotions of ghosts and demons you state, "For as long as I can remember I have had two demons with me but they don't really bother me unless something bad is about to happen."

You hit the option that you won't participate in the discussion but at the very least you should post a comment giving further (any) information about these two "demons". That aspect makes absolutely no sense at all. It would be helpful to know if you just use the term "demons" for entities you have no point of reference for, or you literally mean evil spirits from the bowels of Hell. Just leaving a comment about what these things look like would be helpful. Having never seen a demon your description would be educational.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
REALLY?! This is new for me:

"... I have always felt ghosts, demons, etc. I feel and feed off of their emotions..."

I know Jtcidk407 decided not to participate in the discussion but, in case s/he change their mind or, if somebody else has knowledge of what the above sentence could mean, I sure would appreciate any information about it. 😕

Jtcidk: I'm sorry for your loss and I'm VERY puzzled about the opinion of your deceased mother about your "friendship" whit these two demons. Would you dare to elaborate or are you trying to avoid these kind of questions? 🤔

One thing is for sure, being able to feed off spirits emotions has to be very easy on the wallet!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: