You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Young Girl In White Dress

Real Ghost Stories

Young Girl In White Dress

 

I don't know if I should be worried or not. I've been seeing a young girl in a old white dress or nightgown and long black hair around ten years of age.

I first seen her with my uncle in Louisville. We was moving into a house and we seen her in the abandoned house next door in upstairs window. I was scared at first, so was he I'm assuming because neither of us mentioned it until we left. This was two years ago, but I have seen her again in my mirror on my way to the bathroom when I was able to see into the bathroom she wasn't there. She has never done anything harmful or noticeable she just appears at random. Is it possible she is latched to me for some reason?

I mean I have been legally dead when I was twelve years old, I am currently nineteen. I've had what would be considered vulnerable moments for something to latch, but she seems like she seems like she just wants to be noticed and she is content. I'm worried though because I don't know if something good can latch to a person. The only latching I've heard about has been evil.

Has anyone else had a similar experience to this? I would really appreciate your story and your opinion if I should be worried. I'm sorry I don't really know how to explain it in more detail. She has left me baffled, because it's not like anything I've heard about.

Should I just blow it off like it's nothing, until I see her a few more times or should I try to reach out for her the next time I see her? If so how should I go about doing it in a safe way?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Concerningvisits, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

IndigoK (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-12)
That girl was my worse as a kid and seriously tormented me but she was the main reason I always knew deep down that spirits existed... As far as I can tell that is her purpose. To keep the 3rd eye open especially in Indigo children. The world will wash it away if not for her pesky reminders that there's more to it all than meets the "eye"

I know once you make a choice to follow your path an accept and willing open up to your gift of seeing, she will be gone as her job is then done. Hope that makes a tiny sense:)

Nothing can latch on to you not at all/ever. If things are around its only due to you allowing it or needing it for a reason. Everything is always with a purpose.

Theres many ways to be sure to avoid low energies however they are harmless and you need to focus on your birth angel or guide if you know them. I have a feeling you've encountered your guide via what you assumed were dreams and just try thing back really hard about a peaceful presence of a person who seems to always be "around" be it in dreams or childhood memories.

Crystals are great too I'm sensing your best go-to now is an Obsidion (black crystal for protection and clarity) of course the common rose quartz is always handy to have by your bedside too. But def get that Obsidion - can be necklace/bracelet or basic stone- I prefer around my neck else I will forget it at home 24/7 lol

Blessings and light my child:)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-08)
Thank you Biblio for taking pains to explain my query. Still the O/P has not responded to any of our comments. Quite surprising.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-07)
sds:

"Legally dead" means that the individual *technically* had died, or had entered a shock-state similar to coma/death and had been pronounced dead. When medical personnel, lifeguards, rescue workers discover that someone has died, the first step is to see if the individual -when unresponsive- can be revived (literally, "re-vive" means "again-live"). It is possible to revive someone from an apparent death-state after up to half an hour, depending upon the circumstances (such as falling into freezing water), or it may only be possible to accomplish within moments (an unfortunate event during a risky surgical procedure). Being dead for more than half an hour usually indicates a serious loss of blood flow to the brain, so anyone revived after that point would not be "the same person" afterward, in that he or she would have suffered brain damage in addition to whatever had caused the death-state in the first place. There is a school of thought which believes that people who have been through this type of trauma are more aware of spiritual activity, but to the best of my knowledge no-one has performed any tests to corroborate/confirm this scientifically because it is not possible to predict who will be dead for a limited time but revived by emergency procedures.

Best,
Biblio.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
Hi Concerningvisits, like BrokenTree said, you might ignore or communicate with her, if you wish and if you feel that it is not harmful. Further, it is the first gut feeling that is quite important and will most likely 99% true. If your first gut feeling said that she was not harmful, then try to communicate to her and lead her to light, if you wish. You have to initiate communication in a respectful and soft tone, have some kind of conversation and later, may be after 4 or 5 sessions, you might have to tell her that she doesn't belong here and that she has passed on. Well, ask her to follow the light and lead her to the light.

And I am an Indian and so I do not understand that sentence you used, "I mean I have been legally dead when I was twelve years old, I am currently nineteen." What does it mean? Can anyone help me.

BrokenTree, your comment is quite good. I liked it.

Regards and respects to both of you.

SDS
x__lexi (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
Nothing to be worried bout... I've seen the same girl the exact same way. I've never talked about it before to anyone and this is the first I've heard of anyone seeing her. When I was around the age of 13 (im 16 now) I lived in a two story house It was only me and my grandmother home and my grandmother is blind. I went to my room up stairs to get something and as I walked back to the stairs I looked down and saw her nothing was said just staring and I looked away for two seconds and she was gone. I didn't think anything of it so I went about my day... Later that night she apeard again, in my room this time. I wasn't scared. I never am. I said "hello"but she just disappeared. I didn't see her for a while until she showed up in my mirror behind me. Again I wasn't fritented but I turned around and she was gone. I remember my mother had told me about my older cousin. When she was little she died of suffocation. She had blonde hair tho and she was buried I a white dress I came to wonder if it was her. So the next time I saw her I called her name. But no response. Finally I told my mother and she just brushed it off like it was nothing. So I left it alone as well I haven't talked about her since that day. I also haven't seen her since then.
lianakathryn (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
i think that if you see her a few more times, try to interact with her. You may find out more about her (she may start to appear more, in different places, and those places may be places she once lived, visited frequently ect.) but if it stops, do not try to summon her, as she may actually be evil, or she may have left for various reasons, and you may find yourself stuck with a more evil spirit latching to you. Hope this helps! 😊
Alexthecat (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
I have been followed by a girl that is actually quite similar. The link to my story is http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22895. I hope that this will help both of us gain some insite.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
Hi there Concerningvistis,

I wouldn't worry about this. Your gut feeling is telling you she's content, so trust that. Like Brokentree says some people are like a beacon to ghosts. I've had a few 'latch' on to me, but they're great and I wouldn't be without them.

I don't know if it's possible for someone to not know their dead for an extended time, like decades, but who knows. I'd say she's been observing you for a while and has waited for the right time to let her presence be known.

I don't normally do this and don't mean to sound all braggy pants but you may find some clarity reading a couple of my stories "The Dancer" and "Bumping into an Old Friend". These are about ghosts I think of as guardians. The girl in white may have a similar capacity in your life.

If you choose to contact her, don't use a ouija board. They're too risky and can let anyone through, seldom the individual you're hoping to contact. Yeah, steer clear of ouija boards, and you should be fine. 😊
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-02)
One thing you should understand is that while people may say that their home is haunted or an item is haunted it really isn't so. You can ask several mediums about this but it is generally the person who is haunted. You obviously have abilities so that makes you "bright and shiny" and therefore attractive to such entities. The young girl may have unfinished business or may not understand that she has passed. It's really up to you if you want to interact with her. If not, ignore her. She doesn't sound mean or disruptive. If she pops up again tell her that she has died and that she should seek the light and find her family there. It's your choice to either work on your abilities or to shut them down. There's a wealth of information out there on the web so put it to good use and good luck to you.
Jones1992 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-02)
I'm new to this site so unfortunately I can't really help very much but I completely understand how you are feeling, when my story is published I hope to get some helpful comments so all I can offer you is to say that your not alone. I keep seeing the same old man and I am also looking for answers. I hope someone on here can help you:)
Jones1992

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: