You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Beach House Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Beach House Ghost

 

Greetings everyone, I'm back again today to share another one of my paranormal experiences. This story takes place last summer when my family and I were vacationing at a beach house in Manitoba, about an hour away from where we live.

Grandma rented this beach house for us and, truly, we had a great time. For the first few days. It wasn't until my brother mentioned he thought someone might have been in the house that I started to notice it too. The last few nights were very creepy to say the least, and while I've had a few encounters already with the paranormal, this is by far the scariest.

First, I'd like to explain the layout of the cabin. When you first entered, the sunroom was to your left. This is where me and my brother were sleeping, me on the bed, him on the pull-out couch. There was also a small bathroom right next to my bed. To the left of the entrance was the kitchen/dining room, and straight ahead was a hall that lead to the living room and other bedrooms, which have no significant purpose in this story. Other than the pool table.

My brother had told me he thought the place was haunted. Since I can usually pick up on these things, I brushed him off. I thought I would have known, my entire family seems to be sensitive to the paranormal. Things started happening after that.

My bathroom sink turned on by itself in the middle of the night. While everyone was sleeping, we could hear the dining room chairs being pushed around the room. We were just on the other side of the curtain. One of the most paralyzing things we noticed was the sound of wood being smashed against wood. It sounded like someone was playing pool in the next room, smashing the cues on the table. Or perhaps it was the ping pong paddles being tossed about, the game was reversible.

And while all these things were spine chilling, the scariest thing happened on which I believe to be the last night. We could hear someone walking up and down the hallway, whistling show tunes. The sound was coming right from the other side of the curtain, and lasted for a few minutes. It was terrifying. Then, to top it off, my brother and I both watched as a black shadow manifested in the middle of the room, then vanish.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read my experience.

Other hauntings by Trout130

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trout130, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Trout130 (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-13)
I know nothing about about the house or its history, I didn't even think to ask the lady who rented us the place.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-12)
It's possible a surge in the water pressure caused the sink faucet to turn on. I agree with Goggzy that the rest of the incidents sound residual.
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-11)
I think this might be residual and do you know of any accidents or fatalities that happened in the vicinity of the building.
chapulin1234 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-10)
I don't know how you were able to stay, I would have bolted out of there sooo fast...! 😭 - Thanks for sharing your experience tho... 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: