You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Paris' Père Lachaise: Ghostly Encounter Jim Morrisons Grave

Real Ghost Stories

Paris' Père Lachaise: Ghostly Encounter Jim Morrisons Grave

 

In August, 2015, my sister and I took a trip to Europe with a college tour group. We stopped in three cities: London, Paris, and Barcelona. While on this trip we tried our best to go on paranormal tours while we had free time.

In London we did the Jack the Ripper tour, and Paris we visited the graves of artists who passed on. We were most intrigued by Jim Morrison, growing up listening to The Doors, so we made an effort to visit his grave, and pay our respects.

A friend we made on the trip came with us, and we were all blown away by the beauty and the peace of the cemetery. I had looked at the directory, and even took a picture of the map of the cemetery, and pinpointed the location of Jim Morrison's resting place.

As we wandered the graveyard for about 45 mins, we began to lose sense of direction. I was looking at the map on my phone when a middle aged man, carrying a worn out book and dressed in what appeared to be 19th century clothing approached us out of nowhere. He spoke English, but French was his native language.

He was very eccentric and his presence was very energetic. He asked me who I was looking for, and as I told him he quickly responded and replied "ah yes, yes, Jim Morrison! Ah, but be careful, he might come out of his grave and HAUNT you!" He was very theatrical. We laughed and he agreed to help us, but when he did he proceeded to place his hand on top of our heads for a few seconds, and then exclaimed "okay, follow me, follow me!"

We followed him and when we reached an area that was nowhere near Jim Morrison's grave, he began to show me directions on how to get there, and spoke very fast. When he finished giving us directions he said goodbye to us and vanished. We were left in shock, and all found the encounter to be paranormal of some sort. Possibly a spirit who was unable to leave the boundary of his grave? I am curious to hear your thoughts.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emmiloux, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ulvenNixie (13 stories) (39 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-26)
What an interesting fellow! Spirit or not, this guy is my new favorite person.:D
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-21)
Interesting though a little confusing, how did you know that his native was French? Is it because of his accents?
That person you saw might just have been a spirit of a famous person from 19th century. Can you describe him more detail?

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-20)
emmiloux

I doubt that the gentleman was confined to his grave as he was walking around the cemetery. He probably has never crossed over, he may like it there for some reason or needs help crossing over.

Him telling you that Jim Morrison would haunt you was very funny. Maybe he would give you his autograph. 😆

I'm glad that young people, other than my own kids, are still listening to bands like the Doors. What other bands do you like?

Regards
Red
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-17)
He vanished?... I take it you mean he vanished into thin air while you were still looking at him?... Or did he simply run away quickly while you weren't looking?... Can you give more details please?... Cheers...:-)
Argette (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-16)
Definitely an intriguing place. There is a peaceful vibe, but also somethng else I can't pinpoint. My husband wanted to visit Morrison's grave, so we did but had no odd experiences there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: