You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Confusing Childhood- And A Scary Night At Home

Real Ghost Stories

Confusing Childhood- And A Scary Night At Home

 

This is my first time writing on here. I am Elizabeth, or Liz for short, and I am 17 years old. I grow up with my grandparents in Cheshire England because when I was about 7 years old my parents got in a car accident. They died about an hour and a half after being hit, and the driver who hit them got away.

Before my parents died, my mom always said I had been a very interesting kid. I would stare at what seemed to be nothing, and have conversations the my "Friends".

At the age of 10 I went to live in my grandparents' old house. It was built in 1971, and is starting to fall apart. My room is on the ground floor right across from the living room. The house has always scared me due to its creaky floors and weird sounds.

Just a few weeks ago things started to get very creepy. My grandparents went out for the night and left me to do whatever I wanted to do at home. I sat down to watch a movie and about 15 minutes later the lights turned off in the living room and then came back on. It did that for 3 minutes then stopped. At that point I was thinking "What the hell is going on here?" I went to get up and check it out, but right as I got up I heard a voice say "It's not fun being home alone is it?" and then it's as if everything just went dead quiet, and nothing ever happened.

When my grandparents got home I told them what happened. They told my everything was going to be fine, and that the lights flicker sometimes. That was not the case. It's only happened two more times after that. I know it's not very exciting, but it was scary.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lovely3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-26)
Welcome To YGS. A very nice story. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes our loved ones are always there for us.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-19)
Lovely,
I'm sorry to hear about your parents. It's hard to lose your parents at such a young age. It sounds like you grew up to be a level headed young lady. That said I don't know why your grandparents blew you off like that. Perhaps they think it was your mother. Please do the cleansing/shielding as Tweed suggested it will only get rid of malvolent spirits it will not harm good spirits.

Also if you haven't been talking to your parents it's never too late to start. My grandfather died in March of 1990 and my father in-law died in December of 1992 and I've always talked to them. Then again my father in-law has been pranking me all of these years. My grandfather made me promise to take care of my grandmother and if I didn't call her by Thursday every week he would take something, usually my keys. After I called her I would find my keys somewhere else. When you do talk to them don't expect an auditory reply but that would be awesome if that happened, just look for signs that they are still with you. Which they certainly are,I'm sure.

Regards
Red
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-17)
Hi there Lovely,

Normally I'd take your age into consideration and suggest poltergeist behaviour which is common for teenagers. But your experience here doesn't feel like this to me. It feels more hmmm malicious. I don't say that lightly, and I'm pretty much the last person on this site to jump to drastic conclusions. But this just feels 'not nice' to me. It feels like the kind of thing which would progress, given the chance. Sooo, don't let it! Are you familiar with cleansing/shielding? If not here's Rook's method, which is popular for a good reason, it works!
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
If your grandparents aren't cool with these kinds of rituals, not to worry, you can still do it in your room, or even in the house when they're not home (yeah, why not, you gotta live there too!)
I also have the same question as Doomisforu about the voice. Also did the voice sound like it was in the house/room?
doomisforu (9 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-16)
Was the voice male or female, did it sound human, or evil. Was it in human sounding. You may just have a ghost, but that sounds like it was targeting you or pranking you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: