You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The House On 6th Street

Real Ghost Stories

The House On 6th Street

 

This story takes place when I was about 12 or 13 in a house that my mom, little sister, and I all lived in at the time.

It was a white two story house. Inside the house their was a carpeted spiral staircase that led to the second story. The second story was kind of like a closed in loft. One half of it my sister and I used as a bedroom while the other half was used as a storage area.

My sister vehemently refused to sleep upstairs so that meant I got it to myself a lot. As I was laying in bed each night I would feel the bed sink in like someone had sat down. I feel it important to mention that I always slept facing the wall. Then whoever it was would gently start petting me. They would start at the top of my head and go all the way down to my hip and repeat.

This would go on until I would decide to look and see who it was. Every time I would look there wouldn't be anybody there but you could clearly see an indention as if someone was. Then after a moment of staring in mute horror I would witness the indention disappear as if the person had gotten up. I would then hear what sounded like women's stiletto heels walking down the staircase.

After I could no longer hear the sound of the stilettos, I would throw back my blankets and go running downstairs into my mother's room. I would then either sleep with her for the night or I would stay with her until I could no longer keep my eyes open. Then I would return to my bed and quickly fall asleep.

It has been several years since I lived in that house but to this day the experiences that my mom, little sister, and I all shared sends cold chills racing down my spine.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PhantomChild96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

skylark574 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-17)
The spirit seemed gentle and caring towards you. I don't feel it was dangerous.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-11)
Hello PhantomChild96, welcome to YGS. I go with lady-glow and I feel that it could be a caring spirit. Again, I have same questions as she asked, whether your mother and sister also felt the experiences you had in their bedrooms or that they experienced it when they were sleeping upstairs.

I know you have chosen not to participate in the discussions. Please do change your mind so that we could get some clarity and we might even suggest as to what it could have been.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-11)
Hello phantomchild96,

I agree with lady-glow, really seems like a caring ghost. I had a similar experience when I was about 11 years old but I know it was my grandpa.
Thanks for sharing.

Take care.
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-08)
Welcome to YGS,

The same experience my mother went through before I was born. She used to sleep facing towards the wall when my father did night shift and someone used to sit beside her but never touched her. As soon as my parents left the house, the incident stopped. So it can be a residual haunting.

Thanks for Sharing! 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
Sorry, that should read "the spirit went to your mother's bedroom..."

Darn autocorrect! 😆
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
Welcome to YGS.

It seems to me that a caring ghost was trying to help you going to sleep.
"It has been several years since I lived in that house but to this day the experiences that my mom, little sister, and I all shared sends cold chills racing down my spine."

Do you mean the spirit world to your mother's bedroom and follow its nightly routine? Or did your mom go to sleep in the upstairs bedroom?

Anyway, it seems that the ghost didn't mean any harm.

I hope you change your mind and participate in the discussion.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: