You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Confused About A Presence - Guidance Please

Real Ghost Stories

Confused About A Presence - Guidance Please

 

This is the very first time I am ever posting a story here. I am sorry for being novice or not knowing the unknown and would appreciate if those who know more and better than me help me understand what exactly happened.

So this happened in my home back in India. I was a kid (12-13 years) and we have moved to a new home which was above our business. It is a huge business and then on the second level is bedrooms (2 bedrooms + guest room) kitchen living and dining room and 3 washrooms. On the third level we had 2 large bedrooms en-suite. These were meant for us kids but we never lived there just because it was easy to be on the same floor as parents.

I remember we had a lot of family members who came to us to visit and me an my aunt decided to go sleep in my bedroom (level 3). I was always scared of level 3 in my home for no good reason and would avoid it at all costs when it was getting dark. One reason why I lived on the same floor as my parents.

Anyways it was around 3 am or so and I was dreaming of someone hurting the bottom of my foot. I was dreaming but could feel the pain. I was crying in my sleep when my aunt woke me up and told me I was having a bad dream and asked me to go to sleep. I did go back to sleep very confused as if I was being hurt in reality or was it just a nightmare.

When I woke up at around 5:30 in the morning and took off my cover-sheet my bed sheet was full of blood from the bottom of my foot. I had a big scratch on the bottom of my foot as if someone has used a big nail forcefully across my foot. I was terrified. My aunt was in the washroom and came out quickly when she heard me cry. We checked the entire bed for any sharp objects or any bugs but nothing (we never had bugs inside our homes as we were crazy about keeping it clean).

I went to the doctor and got my foot bandaged but everyone thought it might be something we didn't see or missed finding on the bed. We did some puja (religious ceremony) in the home however I took the agnikund (the holy fire in the vessel used to perform the puja) upstairs to the third level to get rid of any evil and to my surprise the fire went off when I stepped foot on that level. I told the priest but when he went there nothing happened.

After that day I have never slept in that room and until date (I am 30+) going to that level back in India haunts me to the core. I can always feel something is not right there. Like someone looking from the corner of the eye to me. It is some presence which I don't understand. I am not sure what it could be, why am I the only one who can sense it and what does it mean. I have been married and moved out of the country but until date when I visit back home there is something which scares me about that floor even in broad-daylight.

Your comments and suggestions will be really appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mytic_28_feb, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-28)
Good thinking. Out of the house and away from all that, thank goodness!

Interesting about your grandma, maybe even if no one else believes you, you can use your premonitions as a mental prep for the days, weeks, years ahead of you. Your deja vu can act as a validation you are on the correct life path.
mytic_28_feb (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-27)
I did check with others and no one feels anything at all... They think its just me who is paranoid but even until date when I visit I sense a presence... I have been sensitive to paranormal since I was a kid... I dream about bad things which happen beforehand... But I scares me... I dreamt of my Grandma's death the way everyone was in the room 6 months in advance and when it happened it was the sense of deja-vu...I am trying to stay away from all this as I believe that the more you think about it the more it comes to you... I avoid these thoughts but every time I am back home that strange creepy feeling just engulfs my strength and I am left with nothing but a fear which only I know!
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-22)
Is the 3rd floor still vacant? Do you have to sleep there when you visit? Anyone else get creeped out on that floor?

If it's staying put that's one thing, if it ventured out and bothers people on the lower floors then that's a problem.

I would take a guess it is non-human since it was aware of the fire and its purpose and subsequently put it out - as well as cause physical damage.

I would ask your mom how she feels about the house since she's still there.
IfyoubelieveIwillbelieve (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-08)
Your senses of something there is not wrong, ghosts and demons are real. I believe you, let me know how you feel when you back there, if you don't mind letting me know. Thank you.
mytic_28_feb (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-08)
Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts. I completely understand that it may not be paranormal but a toe nail can not pierce as deep as the cut was and I can agree it may be something more tangible which I would love to believe but that creepy feeling and the fire just going off from the religious agnikund was scary! Its been years that this has happened but until date the place creeps me... I visit my home once a year and that feeling of being watched and someone looking at me and something wrong still haunts me...
I hope and pray it is just me but I know when I feel something and I am pretty intuitive!
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-08)
Horrible experience but the possibility of being it a natural accident cannot be ruled out. I advise you to not think much about it.

Thanks for sharing! 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
Mytic,

It could be your sensitive to what may be lurking in the family home.

For an entity to hurt you in that manner is not very good. Not trying to scare you at all.

After that happened, were there any other happenings?
Being touched,scratched?
Have any of your other family members or siblings, experienced anything?

I find this very interesting.
Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
Hi there Mytic,

That was a very scary and horrible thing to have happen. Yet, it might not be paranormal, you could have scratched yourself with a toe nail for example. I agree it's likely you're sensing a presence in that part of the home. But whether or not a ghost caused you physical harm seems unlikely to me. Not to say it can't happen, but it seems unlikely in this instance.

This is just my opinion. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: