You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Totally Confused

Real Ghost Stories

Totally Confused

 

Those of you that have read my other stories will know that I have only had those experiences. Until very recently. This next experience is far beyond anything I have experienced to date. It was also very frightening.

As I stated before, I do not scare easily. In fact, I have a lot of fun scaring the living daylights out of my poor husband.

About 2 weeks ago, J and I were watching "A Haunting" on TV. J is terrified of everything. Usually when watching something like this and I excuse myself to go to the bathroom, J will jump up and come with me.

However, on this night J had fallen asleep in front of the TV, so when the program ended, I switched off the TV and headed to bed on my own.

After my nightly rituals, I climbed into bed and very quickly dozed off. I was suddenly awakened when I felt a strong breeze across my face and a deep, intense, blinding fear gripped me. As I opened my eyes I saw and felt dark swirling shadows all around me. I pinched my eyes closed and after a few seconds opened them again. The shadows were still there. At this stage I was frozen in fear. I just knew I had to get help so I pinched my eyes closed and started praying. I just kept on praying, and every few minutes I would peep to see if the shadows were still there. They were.

After praying solidly for approximately an hour (or so it felt), a very, very bright white light started filtering though the shadows and finally seemed to literally drive the shadows and the fear away.

I was absolutely stunned. I didn't and still don't understand what this was. However, once the light drove the shadows away, I walked into the lounge, switched on the TV and quietly sat next to J waiting for him to wake up.

While waiting, I very, very clearly felt someone stand behind my chair and stroke my head. I just knew it was my dad and it calmed me completely.

I told J of my experience about 3 days later, but as is his way, he just said I was dreaming.

For God's sake, I'm not some fanciful teenager or child, I'm a grown mature woman, so I know this sounds ridiculous and farfetched, that why it has taken me a while to write about it. But, no matter how I try to shrug it off, it is bothering me. What was it? And, Why? Was my belief being tested? I honestly don't know. Can someone help?

Other hauntings by annie16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, annie16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-01)
Thank you all for your advice. Loneybone, I read the article but this seemed to be different. I honestly felt that I was in danger, serious danger. There was one other thing... As I lay praying I tried to recite the Lord's prayer and for the life of me I could not remember the words. It felt as if the shadows were clouding my mind. The more the bright light filtered through the more clearly I could cite the Lord's prayer.
Red, I definitely will do a shielding on the house. Thank you. The house is definitely not haunted. As I stated in my previous stories I can feel quite clearly if something is amiss and I know there is nothing there. This episode felt like a personal "attack" for want of a better word.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-26)
annie

It sounds like a one time experiece. Not that it wasn't scary but I don't think your house is haunted.
I think your husband had the "you were dreaming" response because as you said things like this scare him. If it happens again do a cleansing/shielding on your house. Rookdygin has such a method on his profile page that many members have used with great success.

Wishing you all the best.
Red
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-25)
That show scared me even in the middle of the day, I had to quit watching it, ha!

Sounds like your dad helped you clear out some of the funky energy hanging around. I'd say thanks, and probably would cut back on teasing your husband, just to be on the safe side.
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-25)
I have also gone through this shadowey experience few months ago but mine was bit different. The shadows left my way within few seconds.

Thanks for sharing. 😊
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-25)
http://www.tokenrock.com/explain-shadow-people-223.html

Here is a website that may help you figure out what are shadow people. Good luck I hope it never happens again. Great story thanks for sharing. This story reminds of the scene of harry potter where is in the lake and he sees those things flying so then se sees the white light he believes was his father.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: