You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Personal Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Personal Haunting

 

Over the past few years I have come to believe that I am a haunted person some type of entity ghost or whatever you would call it has been following me around. The first time that it was noticed was after I had been divorced and I was living alone. It could have been happening for a lot longer but I would not have noticed as we had four children and nothing was ever where I lay it down. It was all the normal things you would hear in a ghost story; creepy feelings, shadowy figures in the corner of my eye, footsteps Upstairs Downstairs on the stairs LOL. To add to it lots of small things were and are going missing some for minutes, hours or days, some things have not been found yet.

I thought I was going crazy I was even considering making an appointment with a psychiatrist.

Personal Haunting

Several weeks ago I decided to augment my memory and take pictures in general of my house just to have a record of where things were. I did get photos of stuff that wasn't there shortly before taking the picture or had been moved from their original positions when I suspected that something had been moved and was confirmed by the photograph but that's not really real proof of anything except to me and even if I could have a faulty memory LOL. I found that even though I was positioning myself to take the pictures and holding my Samsung S8 steady to get a good picture that out of every 15 pictures, two would be blurry.

As I write this I am hearing footsteps upstairs and random noises throughout my house that are just not normal lol.

Two nights ago I was going back through my pictures and I found one with a very creepy looking face of something that definitely wasn't there when I took the picture. I am not sure how to upload it to the site. I will find out to add it to my story I'm very interested to hear what people would think of the picture.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, johnmillertimes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

johnmillertimes (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-12-18)
Quick edit lol *very anxious to find a solution* Thanks again everyone
johnmillertimes (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-18)
Great feedback guys I really appreciate it!
As I have mentioned before activity has really ramped up and I am not very anxious to find a solution. Activity happens wherever I am now and is extremely blatant.
The picture is basicly of a chair and there was nothing on the chair when the picture was taken and yes it is quite possible that my finger did encroach in the frame but I was wearing a long sleeved shirt at the time, the chair is a metal straight back with two metal supports that arch up to the corners.
I have so many videos of what I believe are orbs, that are basically little bigger that a pin prick, but very apparant to not be something natural.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-12-12)
Johnmillertimes - It would seem that you do indeed have one or more entities in your home.

I'm not being critical but the room in the photo is rather cluttered, which could lead to some confusion. (I have some clutter myself!) I do see a face but it would appear that the round object, which at first glance seems to be sitting on the left shoulder of the apparition, might in fact be part of the wooden structure behind the face. I don't know whether what I said makes sense.

Could you perhaps describe the piece of furniture, desk, chair or whatever, which is behind this face?

Regards, Melda
RSAChick (115 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-12)
Hi Biblio, I now cannot un-see the button! Thanks for the suggestion.
The creepy face looks like knitted braiding to me now.
The end of a sleeve, perhaps.
How it got in front of the camera I don't know.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-11)
RSAChick:
Perhaps a shirt button?
I can't figure out how it would have gotten in front of the phone's lens...
-Biblio.
RSAChick (115 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-10)
Hi JMT, photo is blurry, but I can see the face you are talking about.
I'm thinking it may be something in front of the lens. Not a finger, but maybe your sleeve or something else.
Maybe someone else can come up with some ideas on what this resembles?
So, I think the triangular bit and round thing in the bottom left corner is something in front of the lens. And not a creepy face.
johnmillertimes (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-30)
Any feedback on the picture. Very curious to hear what people think.
johnmillertimes (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-28)
Awesome thank you for posting the picture.
I have never noticed the light of the studs off the satchel but yes that is the face I was referring to it's important to keep in mind that there was absolutely nothing on that chair when I took the picture. I also have a short video of a very well defined orb that I will try to upload as well I do have lots of video of the orb phenomena but this is the only short video I could actually see it in the screen of my smartphone but could not see it with my naked eye at the time.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-28)
Greetings, JohnMillerTimes.

Now the photo has been posted, I'd like to confirm that the mysterious face image is the circular blur in the lower-left, behind the chair.

There's a bright light bouncing off the 5 metal studs in the bottom of the bag/satchel on the counter, but I'm presuming that you've accounted for that phenomenon before even writing your experience.

Thanks for letting us see this.

Best,
Biblio.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-28)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published 📷
johnmillertimes (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-16)
Yes I totally agree that it is extremely mischievous I have had no luck trying to get that picture uploaded so I am not sure I do have several videos as I have mentioned of orbs but I think the best one is one I took last night where I could see the orb on my phone as it was recording video but I could not see anything with my naked eye. Another interesting thing happened yesterday as well I was at my buddies helping repair the gutters as I was up the ladder my buddy who is documenting everything for his landlord take a picture of me at the gutter when I came down he was very puzzled over the picture he had taken in his words there was no smoke or mist Vapor around me when he took the picture yet as clear as day there was a swirly Misty kind of smoke vapor, LOL hard to describe, all around me.
Another interesting thing was 3 days ago I arrived home late the neighbor across the street had company and all of his outside lights were turned on when I get out of my truck in my driveway my attention was drawn to the house across the street as my gaze came back towards my own house I saw something glinting in the tree in our front yard about 15 ft up I did not know what it was the next morning very curious about it I put a ladder up to see what it was it was a bracelet which was placed around several branches tightly as if it had been placed around the wrist. I had never seen it before I brought it inside and laid it on the table that night my girlfriend ask me where I had found her bracelet. Apparently it had been lost for several months how we got 15 feet up my tree perfectly placed I have no explanation LOL.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (315 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-11)
JMT, thank you for answering my questions. It seems like whatever is going on, that it's attached to you, like I think you mentioned being one of your thoughts. Whatever it is, definitely sounds mischievous, as from what all you say on it, it seems to do a lot of thing's to get your attention. I'm curious as to what exactly it is, and why it seems to be attached to you, seeing how no matter where you go, it always does something yet again to you. It still seems harmless, but nonetheless, still mischievous. Obviously it likes to play pranks on you, though harmless ones, but I'm sure still annoying at times. I wish I knew of a way for you to figure out what this is, and why it's doing things to get your attention so much. With it not coming off as malevolent, I don't really know any suggestions on the matter. But it still has me really curious over it all. Maybe at this point, since it doesn't seem to be actually harming you, you may want to try talking to it, not by using anything like a Ouija board or anything, just you saying something a loud. Like whenever it is hiding something from you, that you need back, you could politely ask for it to return your things, letting it know that you need whatever it is back, and see if it will give it back in a reasonable time. My husband prefers to ignore spirits that he's had try to get his attention, but recently over the summer, he had one at his work, that kept doing things to get his attention while alone at work, like making things almost fall down on him, that shouldn't have been able to fall, or bells ringing on doors, that weren't being opened etc. I told him after awhile, since it's getting to the point to where it could hurt him with what it's doing (like the boxes almost falling on top of him), that he needs to just acknowledge it now, and ask it nicely to stop, that it could hurt him doing some of the things it's doing. After he said that a loud, it stopped happening so much, and stopped with the big things like making boxes fall. It's at least worth a try. I think laying down some ground rules might help you be able to get a better hold on this situation. It taking things off of you, is another thing it needs to be told isn't aloud. I wish you the best, and hope you will keep us updated on what's all going on.
johnmillertimes (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-05)
Yes I had been wearing the ring after finding it in the Box the next morning I cannot find the ring anywhere it's not on my finger in the bed or around the bed or anywhere else I have looked.
Yes the tools (several odd sized sockets, a wrench and a pair of pliers) still in their packaging.
I have been noticing lots of stuff now that I am aware and watching. For example at my friend's house where we generally socialize in the basement and enter and exit through the back door and also when I go out for a cigarette I do not put my shoes on I just slip them on folding the back of the shoe down under my heel. When I come back to them they will have been retied so tightly I cannot even slip my foot in. I have not mentioned to my friends these experiences I have no reason to expect that somebody is just playing a joke on me.
I use my truck for work so I have my toolbox in there all the time lately I am missing stuff from there that I need during the day and is always there.
Two nights ago being sick of this I bought my toolbox in to restock.
I was called away and when I got back to it there were a bunch of things that did not belong in my toolbox and had no business being in there.
Again I was called away and on my return a few minutes later I heard a sound as if a tool was being dropped as I open the door to the garage, when I walked to my toolbox I immediately saw a hammer (a very small picture hanging hammer) that had been upstairs in the kitchen in the house tool box and was most definitely not there a few minutes before.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (315 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-05)
JMT, thank you for the update. When you said you found a ring in that mystery box, and it's missing from your finger now, I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly that you mean that you was wearing the ring, and something removed it from your finger now? If that's the case, it would definitely have me a little freaked out, not in the fear sense, but just that it's able to remove something you're wearing, without you even realizing it 😨 it makes you wonder what all it is actually fully capable of doing 😕 but with that said, it still doesn't make me think it's a bad spirit, as it seems to be more of a mischievous prankster type. I do have another question that confuses me on your update though, the things in the mystery box that you said you never seen before, and some that you saw in stores, and are still in there packages, are you saying that these are like stolen items from places you've been to?
johnmillertimes (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-03)
I have replied to the email twice and no upload. I will try the video.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-03)
Hello JohnMillerTimes,

Can you upload the video? I think what you need to do is reply to the email you got from YGS webmaster, (Martin).

I'd like to see it.

Regards,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
johnmillertimes (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-03)
Update
Activity has gone through the roof! I have now seen things actually move. I found a box in my garage I have never seen before it was filled with stuff that has gone missing in the past and some things that I have never seen before. Strangely several things were small tools I had looked at in the store, still in its packaging! There was a silver ring in there I had not seen in years it was gone from my finger this morning. I have taken a lot more video and have captured what appear to be orbs they are very distinct and defined.
Whatever this is it is definitely attached to me as I have had several experiences away from my home and in my truck.
A new experience for me is rapid temperature change to cold and what seems to be a very cold breeze. It is hard to describe this cold as it somehow feels very different from a winter minus 10 to try.
Through it all I still get that feeling it is playing games with me.
I am trying to figure this thing out what it wants.
Will keep you updated.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (315 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
SWS, awe thank you ❤ I try my best to be helpful on here the best I can. To the OP, I was just curious on any updates with those photos you mentioned? Have you been able to send them in already, and now waiting to see if they'll be added? Just curious as I'm very interested in seeing these, as how you've described them, sounds creepy to think about. Hope to hear back from you soon 😊
DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
You're not going crazy, and you are making a smart move by documenting what's going on!

I know you say you want help with what you're experiencing. When you say that, do you mean you want help with understanding what's going on, with getting rid of the entity that is there, or a mixture of both? There are different ways of going about both, so it's certainly something to think about.:)
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-10-31)
Wow, freaky story. I think you are smart try to document your items with the photographs. I'd keep it up.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2018-10-28)
Hello Twighlight & JohnMillerTimes,

JohnMillerTimes,

Here's the link to Rookdygins profile page where you will find his cleansing and shielding method. I've used it. It's great. Twighlight suggested it below in her comment so I thought I'd attach the link for you.

Keep us posted.

Twighlight,

You say 'you're not much help'. That's not true. You're a huge help and always give great advise. Don't sell yourself short.

When you need to copy and paste something using a phone, just hold your thumb down on the bar at the top where the web address is and it will say, ' copy' click it and bring that to your comment and hold your thumb down again and it will say, 'paste'. Find Rookdygins page first then go to the top where the web address is.

JohnMillerTimes,

I hope you don't mind me using your thread briefly to reply to Twighlight.

I look forward to hearing more about your experiences.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (315 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-10-28)
JMT, that is definitely freaky 😨 not sure if you said already, but how long have you been staying in your place? Have you looked into any history on this place? I know you mentioned having things happen around you before I assumed you moved, which my opinion on that could be you being sensitive to the other side like me, so no matter where you go, you're most likely going to be more aware of the other side. If it ever becomes a problem to where you feel that it may be dangerous, you could look into getting yourself and your home cleansed. That way anything bad will be warded off. There's a member on this site that's well known for his cleansing method, that others on here swear by, and have had great success on using his cleansing method. He goes by Rook on here (I always forget his full username on here though), but I don't know how to share his link on here, so hopefully someone on here can share it to you, otherwise you can try searching for him on here, on the Google search at the bottom of this site. I can't wait to see the pictures you've mentioned, hopefully it will be available to see soon. I hate I'm really not much help though.
johnmillertimes (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-28)
Yes, I have never really felt frightened by this, although I did freak out a little when I saw the picture.
I have sent it in to add to the story.
To add on two separate occasions a child like person was seen by two different people, one thought it was my grand daughter who often visits but was not that day another asked who the child was who had just gone to the basement. Again there was no child present.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (315 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-10-27)
Johnmillertimes, welcome to YGS 😊 after reading about your experience, it made me think of myself, and what all goes around me. I have 3 kids, so needless to say, our home is always crazy lol before kids, I do remember noticing a lot more odd things happening around me, that wasn't really easy to explain. But after having kids, it's harder to notice the little things that you use to notice. So I'm sure I also overlook many things that still may happen around me. There still have been some things though, that I was able to notice. Like for instance, about 2 years ago, I got all my clothes together that I was going to put on, after I got out the shower, and laid it on my bed. I locked my door to my room, took my shower, and came back to my room to get dressed, and saw that my underwear was missing! I looked all over the room to see if it just fell somewhere, and even tore up my bed looking for it, even though I knew there should have been no reason for it to have been under my sheets. But I could not find it anywhere. I couldn't believe how all my other clothes I put together, were all still where I left it on my bed, but for some reason, my underwear was missing. I finally got tired of looking, and gave up. I had cleaned my room many times, and washed all my bedding over time, and still never came across it. I brought this up to my husband, how weird it was that just my underwear was missing lol, and said it must be a perverted, trickster ghost that's the culprit. Well after 2 month's of not finding it, one early morning, before the sun was even up, I got up to put my youngest son on the bus for school, when I got back from putting him on the bus, I went to get back in bed, and what do you know, there was my underwear, right on top of my pillow, that I had been sleeping on. I couldn't believe it, and even laughed over how it just popped up out of no where, on my pillow. Knowing it was NOT there before, and like I said, I had washed my bedding a few times by then, so it made no sense for it to be there. Even my husband was surprised of how I found it. It makes me wonder how many other things of mine have been "taken", that I'm unaware of 😕 with my forgetful mind, and hectic life, I'm constantly miss placing things, and second guessing myself. When for all I know, it might be something else just messing with me again. The only reason I even noticed the whole underwear missing, was because I got all my clothes together like I always do, before I take a shower. It's definitely an experience I'll never forget lol as for yours, it doesn't really seem to be harmful, or bad at least. From what you've said, it seems like it just wants to be noticed, as it tries to get your attention. But as for the picture you mentioned, I'm not sure what to think about that. I'd really like to see it. With everything else you've said aside the freaky picture, it seems like it's harmless though, so I don't know what the weird picture could mean. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I really enjoyed reading about your experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: