You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Personal Experiences And Ability Issues

Real Ghost Stories

Personal Experiences And Ability Issues

 

First, I'd like to say thank you for reading, second this story will contain multiple experiences over the course of my life. I'm an empath it's a gift a few on my mother's side have as well. Even as a child I could feel and take on others emotions.

The earliest I guess paranormal event was when I was four. I had woken up late one night to use the restroom. While headed back to my room I heard the unmistakable squeak of a kitchen cabinets. I figured one of my sister's was up so I went to see. When I got to the cabinet no one was there. The cabinet was still open, as I was looking around the cabinet closed in front of me with a hard slam. I'd pass it off as a bad dream had I not kicked a living room table while sprinting back to my room and hurt my foot.

I'm going to skip a head a few years to when I was twelve now. Only because these are the most that stand out as far as paranormal.

I had a friend named Jillian. She and I would do some crazy things then again we were young and kind of stupid. We found an old shed in the woods while playing one day. We were curious and went to check it out. Before we got in though I grabbed Jillian and said we need to go now. I've never told her but I got a feeling of being watched and just pure cold terror filled me so we booked it back home and never went back.

I'm going to skip a head a few years again to when I'm 24.

I'd been a construction worker for about 3 to 4 years at this time. Something I find very odd is in three different houses miles apart I've had the same unexplained illness symptoms. For context two were remodels for houses built in the early fifties and one was a newly constructed home. As soon as I get out of the truck I'm hit with a feeling of being watched, light headedness, a head ache, feeling sick like close to vomiting, and weak in the knees to the point of collapsing. This has only happened those three occasions. It did wear off after an hour or two but I had to force myself to continue working through it.

If possible I'd also like some advice on how to limit or turn off my ability at times. While it does help when your the basic shoulder to cry on for several friends it's also exhausting at times.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Obsidianblade, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-25)
Obsidianblade,
I can't imagine your fatigue from other people's emotions constantly draining you. I'm guessing it's like being very tired. Have you tried searching online for a shielding method to protect yourself from losing your energy? I hope things have improved for you.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-12)
Obsi, what you're describing is quite natural for an empath. We're known to be great listeners, and compassionate. Because we feel things deeper then most we naturally want to heal that pain in others. Of course on some level you realize we are NOT responsible for their situation, and sometimes there isn't anything we can do but listen. Reaching out to someone when you know they aren't ok is 100% right in my book. If nothing else at least they know they aren't alone.
Obsidianblade (1 stories) (2 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-12)
Valkicry I spoke with my aunt today shes an empath as well she gave me a white quartz crystal and said I should carry it and when feel overwhelmed try visualizing emotions other than my own as a storm cloud and that cloud being sucked into the crystal also I don't have any as you named energy vampires personally prefer avoiding those people I do have a question though I'm not sure if its ability related or not but I'm a pseudo brother/ father figure for many of my friends and family members and I feel a I guess obligation or like its my job to take care of those around me especially when they arent okay so I'll either talk to them so they can vent or do something goofy to make them laugh
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-12)
Obsi (yep, shortening your nic - hope that's ok.),
While being an empath can be a good thing, it can also be very draining, and because of that you need to develop boundaries and methods of shielding yourself. You also need to watch out for certain types of people I call emotional vampires, because they will wreck you. In general these folks are constant complainers, drama queens, failing to see the good in life, and narcissists.
You mention others in your family also being empaths, if at all possible you might want to talk to them and see how they handle it. There are shielding methods you can employ, but they are not one size fits all. Some will work better than others for you, or, like myself, you might need to tailor/ tweak it to your personal vibration.
Many imagine themselves being surrounded by a white light, others have a special amulet or charm, still others use a mantra.
I'm inclosing an url you may find informative: https://www.quietrev.com/9-self-protection-strategies-for-empaths/
I'm sorry you have to mask your emotions around your dad - but remember; that does not mean they are not valid.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-11)
Hi Obsidianblade, great story, thanks for sharing! In regards to your empathic ability, it might help, if when you feel emotions that may at times be difficult for you to handle, one good trick is to ask "is this mine?" This single question I find breaks the focus and the intensity diminishes if it's not your own emotion. There are other things you can do to release the emotions, rather than internalizing them, but asking this question is usually enough to shift your awareness and the emotion loses its intensity and strength. If it's not yours anyways, there's nothing to fuel it from within. I believe we're all empathic to some degree, but some seem more so than others due to skills learned in childhood. For instance if a person was abused, they tune their feelings more outward towards other people more for survival. If they can feel/sense more what another person is going through that might abuse them, then they can try to appease the other person and avoid the abuse. If this skill isn't 'unlearned' or shifted into adulthood then a person can be pretty sensitive and pick up on the world around them, physical and spiritual more than your average joe. With emotions running rampant within the current world situation this can be pretty overwhelming! Good luck to you and I look forward to reading more of your experiences.
Obsidianblade (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-11)
Hello I'm sorry for the late reply but I have been working 12+ hours a day for a few days and this honestly slipped my mind

Ladyglow that was the only experience with the cabinet however a few years ago my mother was putting my niece to sleep with her the master bathroom light was on and she said she saw a shadow figure open and dart out the master bathroom and then master bedroom door also I have researched the home where I felt sick and no strange deaths to report

Also a issue I have is do to how I was raised the standard boys arent allowed to have emotions so any emotions my own or someone else I internalize so with my ability it's a bit difficult to handle at times more than others
MrsRamsay (guest)
+4
3 years ago (2021-04-11)
Hey, good morning. One thing I do in the middle of the night when I get up... I look at the floor as I walk to the bathroom. I realized later in life (when I moved into my current home where the previous owners had died... And I found it uncomfortable to look from the kitchen into my empty family room while waiting for furniture)... That it's actually something I started doing as a child, though I don't remember anything specific happening. I will also wake with a song in my head, which I've decided is also protection. I definitely dream and hear/see messages at night while sleeping (I'm just a normal mom, promise, not weird). But if you refuse the messages, very few get through I think. I also avoid talking about the paranormal openly, because it draws things I think... It's rare for me to visit battlefields since the time a couple years ago when I felt the breathlessness and anxiety -- and I mean FEAR and the feeling of my heart beating out of my chest -- the last time I walked up the hill at a local Civil War field of battle. Every now and then, while working in my yard, I've felt something unusual and literally will speak out loud, kindly for example, and tell whatever that it's NOT OK to make me feel like my leg hurts or my shoulder hurts. At first, I thought it was just me getting older, but I realized we live in the former "yard" of a Civil War field hospital. The small, antebellum home is located a short distance down the street from our modern subdivision house, and we're near the creek where no doubt many of Sherman's men camped for a month just before and after the battle for Kennesaw Mountain. I know my dogs see things, and I've captured things on camera/video, including my Grandfather, dead since 1993 but I think he comes around for protection and also to check on us! (Last photo I had was him in a sliver of light in a family Easter photo! I had been thinking about him that day because of the Easter picnics we had when I was a kid, and later on after seeing the photo, my question was, "Did he appear because I was thinking about him, or was I thinking about him because I somehow felt him there?" In any case, I think we all have a little of this "gift" but it's what we do and how we live with it. I'm inspired by the people here who feel/see more than me, yet have dealt with it their entire lives. Good luck!
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-09)
Hi Obsidianblade,

You're empathic, I don't think you'll be able to completely shut off your intuitive thoughts - it kind of works as an early warning system, so why not take advantage of that? You can either choose to ignore the thoughts and feelings, or you can work on how to develop them. There's a whole bunch of reading material out there (and audio books); try checking out Beginners Guide to Empathic Development. I'm in agreement with the other comments here.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2021-04-09)
Welcome to YGS.

Hello Obsidianblade.

You have shared some interesting experiences, I hope there will be more submissions in the future to understand a little better what you have been through during your life.

Was your childhood home haunted? Was that the only time you witnessed the cabinet door moving on it's own? Did any other family member experience/witness this kind of disturbance?

In my opinion, what you experienced at the shed could have been not a paranormal encounter, though I'm glad you kids got out of there. I don't even want to think what could had happened if a living person with not very sweet intentions could have done to you!
Perhaps even an animal could have been regarding both of you as that day's meal.

Regardless, I'm glad you trusted your gut feeling and didn't go inside the shed.

Have you researched the history of the area where those three houses were built and the history of each house?
Since you are an empath, someone could have been trying to tell you about something that happened to them and, perhaps, even cost them their life (gas poisoning?).

I don't know if you are a religious person, if so, perhaps you could ask to a religious leader for a prayer/medal or other means of protection. Or check on line for other options like mudras, crystals and amulets.

Https://www.ayanaastrology.com/kashyapa-mudra-negative-energy-protection/#:~:text=Kashyapa%20mudra%20strengthens%20the%20subtle,or%20in%20need%20of%20centering.

I know it's not always possible to turn away from a friend's problems but, perhaps you should try to count to one million in your head as a way to not listening to what they say while crying on your shoulder?

Thanks for sharing.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-09)
Hi Obsidianblade

Seems like you have had quite a few experiences, I'd like to read more of them, you mentioned that you have emphatic abilities so you are more open to supernatural experiences

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: