You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Demon's Actions Scars Me For Life

Real Ghost Stories

Demon's Actions Scars Me For Life

 

This is not my first encounter with demonic creatures, but I'll tell you this story

It was a typical day. In the year of 2014 The same routine the same long dragged out days of summer. Through my open window I felt a nice cool breeze of air that drifted me to sleep. Until suddenly I awoke in a state of panic not being able to move. It felt as if my legs and arms had been chained down and someone was sitting on my chest. I tried to scream for help but as I did nothing came out. I was helpless, a helpless 14 year old boy scared to death by a presence that was succeeding in taking over my whole body.

I began to cry knowing that there was nothing I could do to help. I was being targeted by a demonic creature. With only two weeks into church I learned something that might just saved my soul. I learned to ask God for help and I did. I prayed to God asking for him to protect me. The more I begged for God's help the more I felt the presence slipping away and losing his control over me.

This horrific incident changed my life in many ways. It made me actually believe in spirits and the Holy Ghost. I am now a devoted Christian and a helper with local bible studies and ghost hunting. I have had many encounter in "haunted" places. I know people don't believe. I was skeptical myself. But through this journey I have excepted that spirits are living among us everywhere we go.

I have been on the interweb trying to find reasons for this occurrence that has happened. I'm not sure what it was and, not sure if anybody else has had this same experience with the other side of life.

It is now 2016 and I have had no other interactions with this same demonic creature, yet I will post my other encounter here in a couple days so I have professional review on what might be hiding in the shadows.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jayteachout, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

S2k (3 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-08-21)
Yes I don't understand how you said that you asked God for help and it started slipping away you said then how could that of been sleep paralysis if it was sleep paralysis no matter what you did it wouldn't of just slipped away right when you started asking for help I don't understand this world lmao
NessaNixonx333 (1 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-08-21)
Although this sounds horribly scary, especially as a kid it sounds like a lot of good as cone from it. Also, this sounds like sleep paralysis which is actually fairly common, you can look it up on here and find a bunch of similar experiences. My opinion is that it sounds like this may have happened because you mentioned that being only two weeks into church when this happened which is in my opinion why it happened, something ungodly recognized that and wanted to prevent you from being a part of what o think of as gods army if you will. And prevent more believers or more light on the world. Good works in mysterious ways, and so does Satan unfortunately. This sad a weak attempt of preventing that but like they say if you stand with god on your side who b be against you...V

Maybe that sounds silly but either way I hope it was decent helpful and I wish you the best.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-18)
Jay

Excellent comments from Rookdygin as always.

Please remember, there is no such thing as a bad question
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-18)
Jayteachout,

Thank you for sharing, I also have to agree with the others that have commented, this ONE TIME experience sounds more like Sleep Paralysis than 'demonic attack'.

I am happy you have found your Faith and that you put your trust in it to see you through this experience but the way you have shared this with us it seems it was a one time experience and so we must conclude that the Natural explanation is what holds true...i.e: Sleep Paralysis.

However you mention this...

"This horrific incident changed my life in many ways. It made me actually believe in spirits and the Holy Ghost."

This is good in two ways, It secured your Faith, which gives you a stable platform to begin your research from and it gives you a place to draw strength from for protection as you investigate, research and help others.

Now you also stated this: "yet I will post my other encounter here in a couple days so I have professional review on what might be hiding in the shadows."

I'll say this now, its my opinion that there are NO PROFESSIONALS when it comes to the Paranormal. The study of it does not really have enough 'common ground'...there are many 'excepted theories' and yet terms and definitions vary from 'expert to expert'. Some will tell you its all 'demons' trying to trick us and others will say that there are no such things as spirits or demons, that all 'hauntings' manifest from with-in us... PK outbursts and such.

The best thing to do, Keep a Journal, track experiences that you have... Compare them to what others have experienced. Keep your Faith and always, ALWAYS remember to ask questions.

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-17)
Hi Jay!
I have to agree with AliKing and RANDYM, your experience has all the characteristics of sleep paralysis.

Not meaning to deny or contradict the effect of your prayers in helping to end such a terrible experience but, it would either have stop on its own after a short time -that would had seem like an eternity- or you could had gone back to sleep after awhile.

Do not stress too much thinking about 'demonic entities', this kind of experience, though scary, is not only explainable but normal. There's lots of info in the net about this condition.

Looking forward to read more of your experiences.
Thanks for sharing.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-16)
Jayteachout,

Welcome to YGS

I am pretty certain that what you had is called sleep paralysis just as AliKing said. I have it at least once a month. The first time it happened to me I was convinced I was dying and there were dark beings in the room to take me away. I could see them in my side vision. I had never been as scared in my life.
Let me explain what it is.
When you go into sleep your body releases a chemical that completely paralyzes your body to keep you from acting out your dreams. Surgeons give a synthetic form of the chemical during surgery to keep you from moving under the knife. That chemical is suppose to wear off BEFORE you come up to being awake. On rare occasions your conscious mind wakes up first. Thus you are coming
Awake and totally paralyzed. Sometimes the more you fight it the longer it holds on but it ALWAYS does wear off. I know what it is now and when it happens I just try and relax, breath slow and try moving 1 finger at a time. Once it breaks it wears off very very fast. If you do some research you will find one of the main side effects is feeling like someone is sitting on your chest or beings just to the side of your vision or in the room with you. In other words, exactly what you described.
I hope you don't go through it again because I know how frightening it is, but if you do try and relax and it will pass I promise. Best of luck to you
Randy
AliKing (1 stories) (5 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-08-16)
What you experienced is called sleep paralysis. This involves being unable to move or speak, a truly horrifying feeling. Don't worry, you're not the only one who has experienced sleep paralysis! I think it's a good idea to do some research about it so you have a clear understaning on how it is caused. It's good to know that you're okay now!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: