You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Witches Hill

Real Ghost Stories

Witches Hill

 

I lived in small town, in a big house called "Rozas". I was a small girl and all the time when I lived in that house (1991- 1998) I saw strange things. At the beginning (I remember all this from age 3) I thought that these things were my imagination or my secret friends, which I have made in my head, because I didn't have friends. But I wasn't the only one who saw THEM. My father, mother, sister, brother and grandparents saw THEM too. How did THEY looked like? And what really did we see?

At first there were sounds like cracking, like somebody is knocking on my door, strange voices next to my window. The kitchen doors was opening very often, but there was no one who can open them and that door wasn't broken. Then we saw shadows like a human beings, THEY were moving in rooms. At night there was a standing man or something next to my bed and HE looked at me, he looked all night. I hated that so much.

When my grandmother died, it was just awful... I cried all night, because she was talking in her room, but she was dead, how could she talk? All night there were sounds in all the house, every door was knocked at least 1000000 times. I thought, that I'll be dead next morning, I thought, that she will hurt me, but I was ok.

When I was older (some 6 years maybe) my dad told me that we have to move to other town. There was many reasons why we had to do that, but there was one very interesting reason. Under our house was something... Maybe a cemetery? I don't know what, but in one book I read, our house is on some kind of witches hill. I was without words. I don't know why, but in my house, where I live right now, I see ghosts and other things. On 21/11/2007, I was in my friends house and in middle of the night I saw a black thing standing in room. I just couldn't move. I was shaking under my blanket... Terrible...

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Elf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ronnie (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
If someones interested... I found that book. The only thing I have to do- read it... About 600 pages...
Ronnie (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-17)
I tried to explain to Josephine, that Martin has a lot of work to do and read all those stories is very difficult job, but she is too depressed to listen to me and she is not going to write anything. But I can help. I know everything she have experienced and I can tell 'bout it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
Sorry to hear that about Josephine. It sounds like this story had a lot of feedback, and I hope that was not a disappointment to her. Unfortunately, in life some things are just not the way we like them to be. Martin has the difficult job of reading through all the stories that pour into this site, and the guidelines are very specific on what will be rejected.
Please DO ask her to edit and try again. This one is extremely interesting.
You DO give it a new twist though. You say there is a large hole in your green that possibly dates back to the war?
What is YOUR take on this? Do you think the things seen and heard were from burning witches, or from the war? I would be interested in knowing your opinion, as you are still around, and this is, in part, your view of the same occurrences.
Thank you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
Ronnie, just for the record, her story wasn't rejected because we "didn't believe her", it was rejected because the writing didn't meet our quality standard, she's free to correct it and submit again.
Ronnie (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
And Josephine won't be seen here no more, because she felt a dissapointment... One of her stories was rejected and she felt like a s###( I apologize, but that was what she said to me). She felt like nobody cares what is she saying and like nobody could understaind her. I really understaind that.
Ronnie (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
I don't really know what was that book, but there wasn't any sentence about our house, but there was said that somewhere in that area witches had been burned. In our green was a big hole because of war and that means, that there was an army or something in 1943 year or whitch was that year...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Hi Ronnie and Josephine,
Ronnie, I have a question for YOU, seeing how you can remember these things better (I just read your comment). Do YOU know what was under the house and why you all HAD to move?
I would say that is very important in the reasoning behind what you all experienced. It almost sounds as if something sacred, or not so sacred but more ominous, was disturbed and that is why all of these things happened. Are you able to shed a bit more light on it?
Thank you.
Ronnie (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Hy. I can prove to you guys that all what is Josephine writing here is true, because she's my sister and when we lived in that house I was 5 and I remember all better than my sis'...
Josephine (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
Oh,I am afraid to listen, because I don't want to hear something, that can scare me 'til death...
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
I have been taught that witches are not bad, just some of the things that some of them do. Just like in any other type of people. But I can see why the house would be haunted if the land is on a witches burn site. Thats just sad. The crackling sound is someone trying to break thru, listen closer, you mite hear someone talking.
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
I sure am glad I am not the only one whitebuffalo gives that kind of advice to. Haha. In our house we do a lot of chanting. My dad is an American Indian and my mom is a bit of everything. It isn't the kind of chanting that monks do or anything, but I tell you, even chanting a thought helps out sometimes. Mom really couldn't have said it better.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-05)
I would not worry about it Josephine, that is not our intent here. You will run into those that may appear to be fanatic about one thing or another (I tend to climb up on that soap box once in a while too) here, just like anywhere else, but that is the beauty of the Internet. We can not see your face, and you can not see ours, so if you make a messed up face at us, stick out your tongue, whatever, it really does not hurt. I just felt like you were "backing out" so to speak and did not want you to feel the NEED to do everything posted. It is a choice. Just apply your own belief system. Thanks for the response. 😁
Josephine (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-05)
Wow!That was a long one... Thanks Whitebuffalo! Everywhere I go, someone is talking about God and wants to me to join him or something, that's why I got mad...
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
I agree with whitebuffalo. Each one of us has our belives, but if you believe in God the way you say you do than you know what you can benefit out of doing so. Many people will pray for you here weather you like it or not (good thing you do!) I can garantee you that if you do it for yourself you will be better off.
Good luck and thanks for sharing!
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
Josephine, If I make you uncomfortable with this comment, please believe that that was not my intention.
You say that you will not pray for yourself, that's fine, dear. You do not have to give your reasons, your personal belief system is just that, personal. Christianity has helped a variety of people out as they also have faith in something else. The same way that Paganism helps other people out. I will just use those two examples as a space saver here. But it is all a personal belief.
We are not here to convert you or to tell you the only way to obtain peace from disturbing circumstances is by becoming one of a multitude of people following the same doctrine. We all come from different backgrounds.
Here we have Buddhists, Atheists, Wiccans, Spiritualists, Christian Scientists, Catholics, Protestants (If I missed any one, I'm sorry) we are here, well, most of us, to seek answers that are not found somewhere else, and for the fellowship of understanding (or not so understanding) minds. If we wanted a religious site, we would be somewhere else, seeking other peoples advice.
These are suggestions, simply take from them what you need. Leave behind what is of no use to you, as someone else may be able to use what you can not, and may be reading here in an attempt to find answers for their own situation.
Prayer can come in many forms though. From "chanting" familiar or comforting words to the "seven course" variety. Prayer means different things to different people, and is done in a myriad of ways. Sometimes the word "prayer" is just used as a generic term for a pep talk. To "pump yourself up" for a certain situation. I, myself use the later one often, especially when meeting with a new client. At other times it can be used to calm you down, like after a hard day at school when you are soothing yourself with the "...(sigh) I'm glad that day is over" speech that goes on in your head only.
I would be interested in that book, but as I can not read Latvian, it would be virtually useless to me, wouldn't it?
I hope this helped you out and that you do not feel uncomfortable with our use of the word prayer. That is not our goal, merely pointing out what has been of use to us. Thank you, again, for trusting us.
Josephine (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
Please...I'm not a christian... But I believe God.So...I'm happy, that someone is praying for me, but I won't do this by myself. It have a reason, but it's too personal to tell about...
knighn (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-03)
hey that's scarry... I know the feelings because I have seen one... That black man? Mine, he's 6'5-7 tall... He's wearing all black including a big black hat...gosh!
just don't forget to pray before you sleep, prayer is more powerful than them... 😉
Josephine (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-03)
I'm sorry, but I don't remember the name or author of that book, but if I would know, it is only in latvian...so...
And I see these things every day and I'm thinking, that this gift or whatewer it is, is getting more powerful... And I don't like that...I'm really out of my pants...
shelbister (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
i don't know why this happends but when I was about 6 I was sleeping with my parent when I woke up to a man looking at me he wore a black cape with a hood he was green and he had red eyes -shelby 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
Wow, someone published a book stating that at the location of that house, there was actually a burning post for witches? Wow. If that is true and not just legend, I can imagine the lost energies floating around that place. So many people throughout the ages have been condemned of witchcraft that were not in actuality witches. Ministers, small children, people in the prime of their life who's only fault may have been being different than the "norm" of the time. Very interesting. Do you, by chance know the name of this book or the author? Thank you for sharing this with us.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! Apparently you have a gift, you can see and hear THEM. They are aware of this, so they intend to make their presence know. I realize it is easy to say not to be frightened, so I am not going to say that. I do think that no harm is meant though form your indications of the activity.

God Bless! 😁
Josephine (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
There was a book where was written, that on that hill, where was my house, was burned witches, but maybe that was just a legend. Actually I have no idea what really was that hill...
Cirdan (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
Oh, this is really interesting. You must have been really tough to hold out that long in that house. Was it only you who experienced this? And I don't think your grandma would have hurt you, if she weren't one of those evil grandmas and I think she might have been unaware that she was dead since she was talking, but then was she talking to herself or someone else? That's kind of scary I think.
But you might have been a sensitive, and do things like this still happen to you?
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Hi Josephine. That would be quite frightening for a child have to live in a home like that. I would also like to know how your father found out that the house was on 'witches hill'? Thanks. ~Shelby ❤
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
What research did you conduct to divulge the evidence of a "witches hill" being under the foundation of your house?

Thanks.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Hi Josephine,
Thanks for sharing! This is an interesting story. Did you ever investigate on the property? I would say to findout what was on the property before the house. The reason I ask is that there are certain energies that if they are bad (Demons) they can follow you. Unless you hear your friend tell you about something that she thinks is happenening in her house I would not say anything since it might be following you. I would try to do a cleaning ask Shane on this web he can help he is awesome. If you are a believer in Jesus than read the Bible outloud and place crosses where you are seeing these.
Be very carefull if you start seing things move with great force or scratches on your body.
Good luck and I will be praying for you!
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Oh my! These others may have followed you or maybe there was a dark spirit at your friend's house. Not sure which but be careful! You seem to be a meuduim, so yes do as you wish just be carful if it's using the paranormal. I suggest you tell your friend what you saw. You say you remeber many things from age 3?Unuasual.I satrted rather close to that age as well, but I was 4 when I was being used in with the happenings and I would do odd things myself. You might be a meuduim unless a sensitive... Not sure which. But God bless you!
~~
YUKI

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: