You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: A Scream from Beyond at the Myrtle's Plantation Haunted Tour

Real Ghost Stories

A Scream from Beyond at the Myrtle's Plantation Haunted Tour

 

It all started when me and my girl friend when to the Myrtle's Plantation to take the haunted tour. I have never been there before and after hearing how haunted it is supposed to be, I was more than eager to go. She has been there and spent the night with her mom and told me that she didn't have anything out of the ordinary happen to her when they were there.

We arrived a few minutes late for the tour, but the lady giving the tour was nice enough to wait for us after we called and told them we were going to be about 15 minutes late. We arrived and went on the tour which was very nice, and a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I can't say that I believe everything they tell you. However their stories did make for quite a nice experience.

After the tour we were able to walk around their grounds and just enjoy the beauty of the place. We were there for about 3 hours walking around, me taking a ton of pictures trying to get some good images of ghosts, sitting in the gazebo and just enjoying each other's company.

At about 11pm we were sitting in the gazebo, with her to my left. We were just talking about random things that came to mind. We were sitting on the part where our backs were to the water and we were facing the house, when out of no where we had something scream in our ears. It sounded like nothing I have heard before, just this hair raising noise that would be similar to a heavy metal singer belting out a high pitched noise. Needless to say the instant I heard it, I whipped my left arm around in a weak attempt to hit whatever it was that just made the noise, knocking the drink out of my girl friend's hand. I ran about 4 or 5 steps, to just outside the entrance to the gazebo, when I stopped dead in my tracks hearing her picking up everything that I knocked over in my frantic attempt to save myself. Embarrassed, I walked back to her and helped her pick up all of her things.

We had a good laugh after the fact, even though my heart was still racing. I am sure that some of you, even though you are laughing at me, can feel where I am coming from. She was never under any impression other than that I am terrified of ghosts and I make no promises of how I will react when put in those types of situations. Needless to say I would not sit down there for more than a few seconds without getting up and looking behind me. We both agree that it was something from beyond that did that to us.

She found it kind of interesting that she was there for a whole day and night and nothing happened and we were there for a few hours and we already had something like that happen. We now have a room booked for January 6th, 2008. Now when we talk about it, she gets kind of scared because she thinks that I might have something about me that attracts the paranormal. If you look at picture's that other people have taken from this place, you will usually see one or two orbs in their pictures, but for some reason I have about 15-20 in a lot of my pictures along with some very bright little orbs which I don't know if they are called something else or have a specific reason for being so bright, but I will try to get those pictures on here so that you can see what I am talking about and maybe give me some better insight on what causes that.

Myrtle's Plantation Haunted Tour 1
Myrtle's Plantation Haunted Tour 2
Myrtle's Plantation Haunted Tour 3
Myrtle's Plantation Haunted Tour 4

One thing I do know is that if I do attract ghost's, it is going to be a very long night with very little sleep.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Redsea1979, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
Orbs are just dust but the first picture in the right past where the fence ends I can see something. It looks like a head and shoulders and eyes. It's the only bright spot back there. And the only thing I see in any of them. That skeleton everyone sees is just a dead plant. Can anyone with a good editing program see if the bright figure in the distance in the first photo is a light from the house or something?
Codd2712 (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-03)
I can also see the skeletal thing in the 2nd pic really really creepy 😨
LilSistagurl (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
hey...OMG, I'm from louisiana and I went to the myrtles plantation! Its creepy, never slept there
nurix (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-10)
I can see the skeletal ghost-like something on the second pic. It is indeed creepy. >__<' Anyway, as for the orbs thing... It might be a real orb, but I've tried experimenting on my SLR before. You can create an orb when you focus your camera at some parts of a place. Or when there is light and you used a flash.
scared5hitless (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
nice pics, look like energy orbs but also but they look like dust the other images are pixels maybe, who really knows. Btw... Does anyone know how many movies have been filmed at this plantation? By name of film?
c4nc3r113 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
Did Anyone saw the little dot in picture number 3.In the left corner.I'm going to brighten it up a little
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
You are lucky to go there I live in louisiana and want to go there so badly but never got the chance You say two obes I am confuse I thought I seen three obes on about second picture. Just want to let you know that all.
dvaughn_0337 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
hi redsea! I'm new to this site. I've always wanted to go visit The Murdles Plantation but never had a chance! I'm very interested in the paranmoral but never had anything paranormal occur for me! Thank you for sharing your occurance at The Murdles. Maybe sometime I will get to visit.
lindamichelle1 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
i can see the skeletal thing to. It looks more like a little alien lol.
its in the 2nd pic. Down the bottom left corner.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-03)
[at] Naria, your not wrong about the skelton to the left of the picture I see it too, but I also can see one on the road itsself and lots of orbs. This is the one taken on the road.
Pic of the fence just lots of orbs.
A bright tiny orb on the 3rd picture
The fourth picture I don't see anything.
Naira (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Hi, I never thought I would say this, but I think I see the "little skeletal body with tiny face". Though it probably isn't, I can tell you where and you can tell me what. The pic of the road. Bottom left. It's "facing" to the left.-
I'm sort of freaked out, and honest to God hope it's something else, bacause whatever it is, it gave me the creeps. And when I get a gut feeling like that... Let's say it might not be pretty.
Hope to have an answer soon. Please, be careful in January.
Blessed be.
Nai.
tkkchang (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
Hello! I was looking at your photo's, and I could not help but notice on the first photo, if you enlarge it. You can see a couple of faces or shape similar to a face. In the middle of the photo, I enlarged it and it looks like a girl or a womans face. You might want to check it out. Freaky... 😭
Redsea1979 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Yeah, I don't know about the orb thing. But I would like to know where some of you are seeing the skeletal bodies at in one of the pictures. I just don't see it.
Missy (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-07)
I was glad to see another story about the Myrtles. I posted mine from this summer but not too much happen to us. I don't know when I am going back but I hope its soon. Even without the ghost its a beautiful place to be. I can't wait to see what happens to you on your next trip. I will be looking for your next story.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-05)
Hi Redsea. I have read a lot about the Myrtle's Plantation and I would LOVE to go there someday. I also have to agree with the others about the orbs. They are so hard to determine whether it is dust, bugs, bad film, etc. It's just too hard to say for sure that they are spirit orbs or not. As for the scream, they probably did that to you because they knew you were the most likely to freak out. I'm sure the 'ghosties' got a kick out of that!=) I am excited for you to go on the trip again there in January and I hope you let us know what happens. Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope to hear from you soon. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
FUNNYLAUGH (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-02)
i saw in all of them pictures a body which was very thin and on top a small face! Pretty creepy. 😲
FUNNYLAUGH (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-02)
that sounds well scary!
ive watched a program all about ghosts and the ghost team visited the myrtles. The history of the water in myrtles
is that a little girl once got drowned in 1879 by her grandma because she had a doll and her grandma didn't like it.
i hope it all goes well on your next visit and try get more pictures so all us ghost fans can see! 😆 ❤ 😲
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
😊 It very well could be a long night with little sleep. I, too, am drawn to the third photo. If that is not the moon or a street light (Sorry, I have never been there, so I have no clue what lurks out there beyond that gazebo) that could be a genuine orb. I have a few photo's with questionables in them too, and it is hard to determine what is paranormal in pictures and what are just flukes. Sounds like a good time was had by all there, though. Thank you for sharing, even to the honesty of your emotions.
querida (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
I just saw something when looking at one of your four pictures. It looks like to faces and small skeletil bodies. (in the second picture)
Cirdan (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
I liked the story, it was great. But the 1st and 2nd didn't seem like orb, more like dust or something.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
Hi, Redseal. Good story, good time (it sounds like!) I'm eagerly awaiting details of your January over-nighter! I, sorry to say, agree with everyone about orbs. They are really iffy (all orb pics). I am curious about pic 3. Is that the moon? I mean it could be, but it's kind of weird and it really looks like what I think an orb would look like. That was the best photo to me, being that the 'orb' is a distance away and yet so bright. I really enjoyed your story. I would have loved to hear the scream, how creepy! You may very well attract spirits to you, I hope you come home with some really exciting tales to tell. Thanks for sharing!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
Thanks for sharing your experience with us Redseal. Orbs are a touchy subject among paranormal researchers. They can be anything from dust, water droplets, to insects. With your photos being taken outside and none of them (the orbs) being very solid I would say you more than likely captured a bunch of insects. Don't get dishearted though as most of us have taken thousands of pictures only to capture one or two images. Keep at it, you never know what you may find or capture on film.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
BornToBeWiccan (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
i was looking at the pics clearly I don't think their orbs I watch ghosthunters a lot never miss it and they say orbs have a unique flight patern and someother stuff I don't remember but I think it's just nature!
BornToBeWiccan (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
that was a great story I love myrtles plantation haven't been there but really want to ever sence I saw the movie st. Francisville experiment it's filmed as a documentary but it's totally fake still scared me half to death but awesome I read more on the plantation at www.myrtlesplantation.com oh and loved the pics

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: