You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Not Scary, Just Cute

Real Ghost Stories

Not Scary, Just Cute

 

When I first met my boyfriend his roommate had this wonderful little kitty named Cheech. I never liked a cat before Cheech, he was small and orange and he had the funniest little personality. Well not long after I moved in with the two of them, the roommate's girlfriend had to get rid of her cat Satchmo so we just took him to our place. Cheech and Satchmo HATED each other. Then Cheech got sick and we just thought we was depressed because of Satchmo, our place is pretty small and they pretty much had to be in the same room.

Cheech got worse and worse and one night we had people over and them thinking cheech was the same old kitty, they let him out. He ran away and hid under the house and we didn't find him until about 3 days later. He was still alive but in really bad shape so we took him to the vet, but sadly he died. We got him cremated but didn't get the ashes until about a month after he died.

Not long after he died (about a week) we got 2 kittens that we were already supposed to get before cheech died. We called the Kittens Ziggy and Marley. At first everything was normal but the night that we got Cheech's ashes, home weird stuff started to happen. Not scary just unusual. The first night I was sitting on my bed and Marley was laying on my stomach. Ziggy was on the edge of the bed and it was like she was playing with another cat but no other cat was there. She would jump and pounce on this one thing that she kept following with her eyes and playing exactly the same as she would with Marley. I just thought she was being crazy but it still happens about once a week.

Even with the new kitten that my room mates just brought home (Mr. Stubbs is his name) he will play with nothing while the others sleep... I don't know why they would play with nothing when they have tons of toys to play with, which is why I think it is cheech.

Another strange thing that happens quite often is when Satchmo comes inside. He will try to use the litter box which is down the hall in the bathroom but every time he gets too close to the litter box, he will start hissing and get so scared he will accidentally go on the floor sometimes. This is exactly what would happen when Cheech was alive and Satchmo would venture down there when Cheech was already in there. He does it every time, even when we are down there with him. We tried changing the litter and taking the lid off and even getting a new box and letting him use it before the others. Nothing works! Poor Satchmo barely comes inside because he is so scared!

Now those are not the things that made me want to write about this on here. The other night I was sitting on the couch watching tv with my boyfriend and I had Ziggy and my boyfriend was holding Mr. Stubbs. Marley was behind my head on the back of the couch and Satchmo was outside. All of a sudden I saw something out of the corner of my eye and I looked over to see an orange cat run down the hall jump on the chair and then when he went to jump down, he just disappeared. At first I thought I was mistaking one of the other cats but not only were they all beside me, none of them are orange. Ziggy and Mr. Stubbs are black and Marley and Satchmo are grey and white.

Now I know that this story probably bored you to pieces and it is nowhere near as scary as any of the stories but I just love the fact that our kitty came back I had to write it.

Thank you for reading

Be safe and be happy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZombieKiller, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

66CorpseBride66 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
sweet my cat rosebud did that he just wants to let you know that he is there and loves you ❤ Corpse Bride
Spenny (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
I really did Like this storie <3
It was cute ❤
This storie reminded me of When he had out dog put to sleep just in august, and We got him cremated, It was really hard, I grew up with him.
Sometimes I sware I can still hear the noise from his name tags on his old collar.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Thanks for a lovely story Terryberry. This story was not boring at all. I believe that Cheech is still coming around. Any stories about animals I am bound to read about it, because I am a animal lover, and I think it is so weird how an animal can change your life, I know probably sounds crazy. Any way back to the story.

I believe that kittens can tell that Cheech still hangs around. As for Satchmo, poor thing, Cheech must have really frightened Satchmo, since he doesn't want to go to the litter box. It must be nice knowing that Cheech is still around though.
Thanks for the beautiful story.
😊
hyperboy (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
i have 3 cats 1 snake and along time ago my dog max died but I swere every time I get something new something else disapers I have lost 2 cats 1 dog and many toys and games and comics I am only 13 but I a am in 7th grade I am very sad cuase I have lost so much and I have short-term memory so as far back as I can remember is yesterday. 😭 😭 😭
Priya (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Wow...why did you say your story will bore us? I wish all my loved one who passed away will come and make me feel their presence whenever I want!
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Aww... What a lovely story

I am very glad you shared it with us.

I would love for my dog to come back and see me!

Although... Her ashes are in a cabinet and strange things happen there like things moved in the morning.

And things disappearing!

Could this be my dog?
tootszky (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-26)
😊 That is really cute thinking your former cat is still with you every now and then.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
well I did enjoy your story very much so. I trully believe that animals can see things that we can't specially cats. I was like you, did not like cats until I was given one to adopt then I fell in love with them unfortunatly my hubby is alergic to them and so I can't have any more, but I would really like to.
Thanks for sharing, I'm sorry to hear about Cheech.
😢
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi Terryberry! I was not bored at all with your story. It made me smile! 😊I think that this is a really cute story and I do believe that Cheech is back and GETTING BACK Satchmo for what he did to him. Like FRAWIN said, I think that Cheech did literally scare the crap out of Satchmo. 😆Thanks for sharing your cutie-patootie story! ~Shelby ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
How heart warming, Terryberry. Sounds like you have a busy home there with your cats. Watching cats has always been a pleasure of mine, they certainly are not like any other animal, are they? Thank you for sharing your story with us.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Hi Terryberry. I wasn't bored for one second, I really enjoyed reading about Cheech and the gang. What a sweet story. I'm glad Cheech and the new kittens get along. Too bad Satchmo won't put aside their differences or maybe Cheech is getting back at him for moving in on his territory! I'm sorry for your loss of Cheech, he must have truly loved you. He sounds like a special little kitty, especially if he caught the heart of a non-cat lover like yourself. That was a funny, entertaining story, I'd love to hear more of Cheech and the kittens antics!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
I think it was a very touching story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-17)
Well Terryberry thanks for such a delightful little story. Being a cat lover my ownself I can appreciate it. I guess you could say that Cheech really did scare the crap out of Satchmo.

FRAWIN ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: