You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ghosts of my Life

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts of my Life

 

Growing up has been un-easy... When I was 5 years old my family and I rented a house in the San Fernando Valley. It was nice the first time I had my own room. It was the 3rd day living in the house. It was time for me to go to bed, so I did leaving my bed room door open just in case I wanted to go sleep with my parents. I was just sitting in bed waiting for me to get sleepy. I don't know why but I just had to look up and look at the door.

Right there under the door way was the figure of a little boy. He appeared to be glowing white. And he was just looking at me. At this moment I couldn't scream. I was just frozen. I couldn't run so I did the 3rd thing that popped into my head. I laid down and pulled my covers over my face and held them tightly with my eyes shut. I guess sometime after I drifted off to sleep. The next morning I woke up and ran into my brother's bedroom waking him up. I told him of what I seen and he said it was just my imagination. I told my parents and they said the same thing. I was mad at the fact that they didn't believe me. Being so afraid of what happened I decided never to sleep in that room again. I shared rooms with my brother.

Eventually we rented out the bedroom to a woman with her child. But soon afterward we moved out to an apartment building in Canoga Park. The apartment had only 2 bedrooms so I was still sharing a room with my brother. I was relieved that we had moved out of the house. Everything was good until one night in my parents bed while my mom was asleep, I woke up and looked around. I couldn't go back to sleep so I just laid there. After some time I decided to sit up and right when I did I felt the feeling as if someone was watching me so I looked around and right in one corner of the bedroom with barely any moon light, I saw the shadow of a tall man wearing a hat. Again I couldn't scream and wake up my mom who was sound asleep beside me. I was frozen with fright. I just rushed and grabbed the cover pulled it over my face and closed my eyes...

The next morning I woke up and told my mom of the dark shadow figured man with the hat. And of course she didn't believe me. I knew it wasn't my imagination, I knew that what I had seen was real and it had been a ghost. I never saw the tall man again since that night. And nothing strange ever happened in the bedroom I shared with my brother...

Once again my family and I moved out to another apartment building in Laurel Canyon. I was 8 at the time we moved. And I had never forgotten what I had experienced. Again I shared rooms with my brother. And nothing happened until months later when I was alone at home. I was playing with my barbies and I went to the kitchen to get something to drink. When I came back to my room I started to feel weird and scared. It felt as if someone was watching me again. I looked around but I didn't see anything. And this continued on. I always felt it everywhere I went, if I walked through the hall-way I always had to look behind me. When I went to the bathroom I was so scared of being alone in there. So I began to leave the bathroom door open when ever I went to the restroom or took a shower. Everyone thought I was just being stupid. My mom would always tell me there's no such thing as ghosts and if you believe in god nothing will ever happen to you.

Now we live in are very own house in Palmdale for about 8 years now and here's where my paranormal incidents happen the most. I've heard weird noises like footsteps going through the hall-way, doors opening and closing when I'm home alone, Light's turning on and off by them selves, and the living room tv turning on by it self when there's no one in the living room. Bangs on the windows in my room and in my parents bedroom.

I've only witnessed the bangs in my bedroom window. But my brother has witnessed the one in my parents room. He says that he was laying down on my parents bed watching tv when out of all of a sudden a loud hard bang came from the window. He jumped and looked at the window and saw nothing. He went outside to the back yard to my parents window to see if there was a ball or anything that could have made it. But nothing. And the ones in my bed room have happened during the day and in the middle of the night while I'm sleeping. The chandelier swinging back and forth in are living room.

And of course more ghosts. Like all teenagers I would always be locked up in my room doing homework, listening to music, reading books, etc. And I started to get the feeling that I was alone but I never saw anything. One day in my room while at my desk I felt like someone was behind me so I turned but nothing. I went back to reading, then I felt someone touched me. I turned around and nothing. Then I got up and went to my bed. And it happened again. Someone touched me but this time it was my cheek. It felt like a little kids hand.

It would happen all the time in my bed room. But I soon got used to it. And it never scared me anymore. Then some time after I began to hear a woman's voice saying my name when I would be in my room. At first I thought it was my mom. My mom would always call for me to come and help her. So when I would hear it I would go out to my mom and ask her what did she need. And she would say "I didn't call for you" and I would say "yes, I heard you say my name". It started to happen more and more often. I thought it was really weird. If it wasn't my mom saying my name then who?

So I began to investigate. Every time it happened I was in my room, no were else. So I waited for the day when I would be able to hear from where it was coming from. And that day did come. I was in my room listening to music and it wasn't loud at all. And I heard the woman's voice say my name. I turned my stereo off. And just stood there listening. I heard it again and it sounded like it was outside my room. So I walked and opened my door I looked out into the hallway and nothing. And just then I heard it again but coming from inside my room behind me. I just freaked out and ran to where my mom was. I told her what happened, I believe that's the day my mom started believing me. She told my dad and brother but they didn't believe me. They said "how come we haven't seen anything or heard anything and you have" and my response was "I don't know".

I was so angry at the fact that they hadn't seen or heard anything. Why did it always happen to me. Why was I the only one. I began to ask these questions to myself everyday...

More time passed and more incidents. Once I was taking a shower in my parents bath room. And it's those showers with the sliding door that is blurry. Well I was washing my hair off and I happened to open my eyes. And out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure behind the sliding shower door, I got scared, when I looked again there was no body. And the bathroom door was locked. It had looked like a little boy from how short the person was and they seemed to be wearing a blue shirt and blue jeans with brown hair. I told my mom of the incident, all she could say was "just believe in god".

The ghost in my bedroom who touched me was proved to be a little girl. I was walking past the hall-way one day going straight to the kitchen when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I stopped and turned and saw a little girl in a white dress with light brown curly hair smiling at me. I just smiled back and walked away. I guess she liked me and spent her time in my room because of all my girly things...

Now of the little boy I never saw him again but just recently before thanksgiving. It was around 8:00pm I believe. I was in the living and my mom was sitting at the kitchen table. I walked up to turn off the tv. Just as I was turning around I heard the sound of a person crying. I got scared and stopped. And I was thinking to my self did my mom happen to hear it to or just me. I walked slowly towards her and she looked straight at me. I asked her "if she heard it" and she responded "yes". Then she said it sounded like it was coming from behind me. We both agreed it was the voice of a little boy crying...

The woman who would call my name was proven to be a family member who passed away. She was here to take care of me. I really don't know why. Supposedly ghost come to me because they want help. And I need to try and listen to what there trying to say to me. So I guess this won't be the last of any ghost for me. I still get scared sometimes but then again I enjoy being able to tell my experiences to other people. And I love reading and hearing other peoples stories...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Janet510, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
Great recollection, Janet. I believe every bit of this. I start there with skepticism because many stories are pure fabrication, but this one rings true. I especially appreciated your attention to detail and reflection on emotional responses to not being believed. It is INCREDIBLY frustrating to have people not believe you just because THEY have never experienced anything. This is annoying because there are lots of things that people have never seen, yet believe in, like the bottom of the ocean, evolution, the planet Pluto, etc. Yet these are resolute facts in life. So why not believe in a ghost? I've met many more people who have seen ghosts than the Earth's core, so why not lend the paranmoral as much credence as geophysics?

Don't be discouraged and embrace your gift.

Thanks for sharing!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Janet, ah, the old 'I can't see you, you can't see me' under the covers trick. Good for you! I think you must be a sort of magnet and now that you've seen the spirits, they are aware of you, so, they feel more comfortable with you. I'm glad your mom finally realizes you aren't seeing things or making things up. Is this because she's had something happen too? Let us know about that. Maybe some day your dad and brother will have experiences of their own and finally believe you! You should probably try to learn how to cope with this type of thing, I think you'll have more happen to you since you seem to be open to this and are starting to accept them. Maybe you could try asking them to leave in peace so they can join loved ones and finally rest.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
It sounds as if you are very sensitive to the paranormal activities occuring around you. Often times it is sensed when someone is sensitive, the 'entities' then can manifest to you of make themselves known in other ways.
I am glad that your mother is finally realizing that there may be something to your accounts. Often children are far more susceptable than others because they are open and not yet jaded, your intuition has continued through the years. I realize this can often feel like a curse or a burden, but truly, it is a blessing.

Thank you for sharing yur story. I look forward to hearing more in the future!
God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hello Janet! I loved your story and VERY MUCH believe it because a lot of the things that have happened to you throughout your life have happened in exactly the same ways to myself. Although, I have had some frightening experiences, most of them seem unharmful. When you mentioned waking up in the middle of the night for some reason, sitting up and then looking in the corner of the bedroom only to find a dark figure of a man with a HAT! THAT gave me chills all over! The reason why is that, I had that same exact figure follow me for years no matter where I lived. After I confronted it, I never saw him/it again! That was about 11-12 years ago when I was 20-21 years old. My husband and I talk of the paranormal sometimes and he too has seen this very same figure. The only difference in YOUR experience with this being and MY experience with this being is that my husband was at work and out of the corner of his I he saw this figure coming up on him and whirled around to hit it or defend himself and it disappeared. I guess my husband felt a threat or maybe it just scared the crap out of him. I, however, never felt a threat from it just creeped out! I really want to know what this thing is because there are a lot of people who have experienced the same thing. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to hear more from you soon. ~Shelby

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hello Janet510. How frustrating your younger years must have been without the support and help from your family. It is always difficult when you are going through something that no one else can identify with. It is hard for nonbelievers or even skeptics to understand what people with a "talent" live with.
I am happy that your Mother now thinks there may be something there. So what if your Dad and brother are having problems dealing with it. Your brother witnessed the knocks, so he really is on your side, even if he does not think so.
Perhaps the Lady from your family was there to help you through your new found talent. She may have been there to help you discover what the little boy and girl need from you. I am not a seer, so I do not have practical knowledge in this area, but do they both look friendly? You said the little girl smiled, she may just be trying to strike up a friendship. Maybe the family member came to you as you have so little support right now from your family.
I think you are going to be alright. I think you have a positive presence that allows ghosts and/or spirits trust you. That takes a very special person.
Thank you for sharing your story with us.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hello Janet. I enjoyed your story tremendously because it was believable. I believe that children can see and sense things that most adults can`t. Since you have chosen not to shut that gift down you can look forward to a lifetime of unique experiences. I know because I have been having them for the past fifty-odd years. Take care and God Bless.

FRAWIN ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi Janet. I believe you have somthing very special that makes ghost want to contact you. I think that the ghost are fallowing youy. It seems to me that every time you moved there was that boy. I think he was fallowing you. You shouldnt be scared. Try making contact with the ghost. Maybe you will find out more. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: