You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: There's A Ghost That Looks Like Me, What's Going On?

Real Ghost Stories

There's A Ghost That Looks Like Me, What's Going On?

 

I was at my friend's house (this was like almost a year ago) and apparently Julia (my friend's sister), Claudia (my friend), and Tristan (my sister) all saw a full body figure that looked exactly like me and they thought it was me.

The ghost (or doppelganger, whatever) was behind a door wearing exactly what I was wearing that day, but I was downstairs at the time. I'm sure they aren't lying they all looked pretty shocked and it's usually easy for me to tell when someone is lying. My friend lives in a pretty old house, it was built around the 1850s.

Another time this has happened was about an hour ago or so in my own house. My house is not old at all and there was only one other family before us and my family knew them pretty well. Tristan saw me walking across the living room while she was on the couch. She said it was wearing a white dress and it kind of glanced at her. Then when it was walking into our kitchen it just disappeared.

I was upstairs at the time and Tristan texted me right after it happened. Before my sister saw this figure that looked like me, my dog was acting kind of weird, he was just staring right around the place my sister said she saw me walking. I'm not sure what is going on.

I really want some kind of answers and this is a site I thought could probably help me. I wasn't really scared that much the first time, but since this is the second time I thought I would share my story and get some answers. Sorry if it doesn't really make sense, I tried to add details, but I'm kind of tired and just kind of scared right now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, larissasmh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-19)
Tweed made a good point. Why did your sister text you? If I knew for a fact someone was upstairs but I'd seen them downstairs, I really doubt I'd be texting. Yelling for you or running upstairs to you seems a more likely response than texting. Most people who saw a doppelganger and realized what it was would probably be incapable of texting a coherent message.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-19)
Hi, I agree with Tweed's comments. I'd ask your friends and your sister more questions. If there is a doppelganger of you, you might see it for yourself. I've read many stories on here where this has happened.

Hey Tweed 😉
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
Hi there Larissasmh,

Well, here's a first for me I'm going to suggest they're yanking yer chain!

I know you're confident you can tell when their lying. But I can't shake the unmistakeable feeling of a rat! The text message clinched it. Wouldn't you run upstairs to say this in person IF it had just happened? I know I would. Plus, if she knew you were upstairs how come she thought you were downstairs wearing a white dress? Hmm, too many inconsistencies.

Think about any recent conversations you guys have had. Could there be 'something' they're trying to make a point about?

If your PARENTS see this apparition, by all means freak out. But until then the only common denominator seems to be your sister. Who may have just been foiled by a random chick on the internet. 🤔

Of course I could be totally wrong. But I have this funny feeling something's amiss. I don't think you have any reason to be scared.

Did you see the dog's reaction too, or was it just your sister?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: