You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Aurora Came Home

Real Ghost Stories

Aurora Came Home

 

It was just the night before, I was cuddling my black fluff (Henrique my cat), patting him so that he is comfortable enough that he fell asleep on my lap. I and my sister were sitting on the living room sofa watching our favorite movie on DVD as you can guess from the title, E.T. (the famous phrase "E.T. Phone home" lol). We heard a slam and the light went off. I heard Henrique hiss, and ran to side where our new cat tower was (he sleeps on a block on the cat tower now-a-days).

Going back on Friday, I visited a vet for Henrique's health check. After a check she told me that Henrique was very healthy and that he seemed to have been took good care by some other cats. He is over 2, nearly 3. I told the vet that we took good care of him since the loss of his mother, Aurora.

The vet remembered Aurora (she was an old friend of us whom had took care of our cats for years), she told me that she cried when she know about the tragic happened to Aurora. She was also a person who claims that she knew everything about dogs and cats (she is indeed very professional and very eager about her job), she could answer any questions that we had on Henrique right away. I was not sure if she was joking or what, she thanked us for bringing Aurora there. I chucked and went off, thanked and corrected her for checking up Henrique. Thinking back, I wonder if she could see the spirit of Aurora following us. Henrique seemed quiet that day.

We went to the spot where his mother, Aurora, had the tragic. I squatted down and let Henrique out of his basket. He looked at me, ears standing, raising his tiny eye browses like fur, his yellow and blue eyes became rounded, looking like that he was asking me "Why are we here?" I carried Henrique back home since he seemed to be frozen by wonders. I joke about the situation when I came home and made my sister laugh.

I went to the club (just an empty studio for anyone to practice musical instruments, etc) that night and played music with my friends. No, we are not a band. I like acoustic music always preform (just playing random music from some good old artists) with good friends when we are all free.

They play guitars and a tin ukulele (or a tin foiled mandolin? Not sure what that is called 4 stringed) and I played a Cajón (wooden box drum?) Yes, we have strange instruments lol. We are not professionals, so we might be playing very badly, we only had their wives and my sister as audience once and that was the first and the last time lol (they do not want to come again since we were just "Men Chatting" and not really preforming lol). That night, planned for another "party" next someday month, we fooled around and played for 4 hours, also watched some YouTube on people preforming nice tricks and kicks on old 90's songs in acoustic version. I reached home quite late that night and had slammed myself on the bed and did not dream at all.

Saturday, my sister made breakfast. She fed Henrique as well since she knew that I had been up late the night before. I thought Henrique gave me a morning "kiss", licking my nose area, I guess it was quite early so I did not bother. Moments later, heard Henrique's mew and laughter of my sister from the living room.

My sister was swinging her hula-hoop, while Henrique was jumping around trying to catch the hoop. I was wondering if Henrique just happened to run outside the living room since he was just licking me not long ago. I went out the living room still half asleep and my sister told me that they have been playing around the whole morning, I looked at the clock and it was 11am nearly noon.

I would have asked Henrique if that was true if he knew how to speak with us, I told my sister if Henrique went in my room. She said he was in the living room all the time with her. I went back to my room, there was no trace of any animals or Henrique but saw just a very untidy bed that I slept on.

I went to the table and munched on the cold French toast that my sister made for breakfast earlier that morning and drank some lime tereré (chilled maté with some lime juice) and found that there was fur in my mouth, so I went in the bathroom to clean myself off.

I looked into the mirror and found that there were very thin brownish paw marks around the collar of my night wear I showed my sister the marks and she told me that it could be Henrique's but she swear that he have not been into my room unless I would let him in the night before. No, I was not drunk that night since none of us bought any drinks with alcohol, we brought only a few bottles of water from a hot dog truck and shared them, they were not beer or any alcoholic drinks, just one of them bought a Pepsi.

Going back to the story the night when the lights went off, while I and my sister was watching E.T. I went to the main control box for our electricity and found that an old book had fallen from the shelf beside the box, switching off our house's lights coincidently (the control box is outside our house in a library inside our flat where people donate old books years ago, now only some old books remains but the library is not operating). I switched the switch on again and put the book back to where it was. I found that the old rusty window was opened just enough to a large bird to enter (I meant size not bigger than a lorry but not smaller than a pet parakeet), so 10 inch-ish? So It would not be any raccoons or cats. Also, please note that the window had become rusty and was hard to open or close.

The library is on the floor where my house is, which is above ground level. It would not have been a mouse. Just in case if any mouse can climb up and is heavy enough to make a book sized like an encyclopedia fall offthe shelf, I looked for traces of foot prints or any feathers but there were none, so the chance of any birds or animals would be extremely low in my opinion, so what would have made the book fall?

I have mentioned having a feeling of a cat's "kiss" during a morning, thinking back years ago when Aurora is still "young" she used to get lost leaping of the window of the library (it was not rusty yet since there were people maintaining it), there was a water pipe connecting to the next building, so Aurora would have been using that pipe to get to the ground without falling off from high up.

The pipe now has been re-constructed (we now have underground water pipes) since it has been leaking over the years. So again, there would not have been any chance of any animal climbing up from the pipe since it is not there anymore. Could it be a re-call of the "Young Aurora" (like a spirit reflecting what the living usually does during an era of its life, does anyone have such encounter here anyway?) or the spirit of Aurora coming back?

Whatever the reason was, thinking back I felt very strange with this experience and hope if anyone would have a good idea about this case would be sharing it as a comment.

Sorry that it became unnecessarily long. Obrigado por ler! (Thanks for reading)

Love from São Paulo

E.Lynx

PS We have not finished watching E.T. And he did not phone home yet: (

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, roylynx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-24)
Jabeele, Haha! Same goes every cat owners I think Henrique does the same thing to my sister but when only I am home he would "dive" on to my belly instead of waiting and meowing lol

Love thing kind of comments lol

E.Lynx
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-21)
I think I would prefer to be woken by a "cat's kiss", a lick on the nose. Whiskey, my husband's old cat (when she was alive), used to expect breakfast at 6-6.30am sharp. When he wanted to sleep-in on weekends, she would bat at his face with a paw. Then a demanding "meow", gradually increasing in decibels. If he chose to ignore her, out came the claws. Not real digging-in, but a little pinprick, just for immediate attention. She had him well-trained!
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-21)
Melda, No, please feel free to comment anything I am not that kind of person who get offended easily.

Well, unfortunately the new parakeet was very unhealthy it did not made the cold nights, my friend was upset but he knew that he cannot blame anyone for that, he let it go this time, so he is not seeking for any strange things like last time. Sad, but I am glad.

Thanks for caring!

E.Lynx
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-21)
roylynx - I know I am not commenting on your specific account here but I have often wondered about your friend and his parakeet. Don't ask me why, but it's something that for some or other reason has stuck in my mind.

Regards, Melda
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-21)
Jubeele, You have just reminded me of what I consider the most important! Thank you for commenting on this old story of mine.

Fruitcake must have missed you very much or the other way round. Yes, no matter what our "furkids" (I like this way to address our good "pets"), always will think of us first. Although, we may have many friends around our "furkids" would only have us whom care about them and think about them, indeed they will be coming back to see how we are doing, until now I feel Aurora around Henrique as if she is still taking care of her favorite kitty.

E.Lynx
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-21)
I had to send my tortoiseshell cat, Fruitcake to another home years ago. I couldn't take her with me when I moved. I did check on her to make sure she was happily settled with her new family. Some years later (long after a cat's expected lifespan), when I was going through a troubled period, I could have sworn I heard an inquiring "meow" in the tone she used to make. Out the corner of my eye, I also thought I saw her brown-and-orange head peep around the corner of the room... Wishful thinking, most probably. Still, it's nice to think that our furkids may pop by on occasion to check in on us.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-13)
BeautInside, Olá senhora! I have stop thinking about that since as you can see it might have been animals, but those fur...hmm... If it was Henrique he will be staring at me when I go out LOL

Well, to be detailed. I do not know if that really happened, it was like... Dreamy? But, until I found fur in my mouth, (Pew!) the "kiss" was real... Perhaps. Definitely can't be a human being, I would have called a cop! LOL

E.Lynx
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-13)
Olá roylynx,

Really enjoyed your story. As Rcruskin already mentioned, our feline friends are very sneaky so that could have been Henrique playing a kind of Flash trick on you 😁 but it could have been Aurora too, they also have the right to check on whom they left behind.
Do you remember if by the time you felt the "kiss" you were fully awake or between asleep and awake state?
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-10)
Senhora lady-glow, No, June will be her death anniversary, and I am always thinking about her since the tragic... But I nearly never have any encounter with her since last June, which was her 1st death anniversary.

I wrote a story about that experience, it was strange... But not this time because this time it was kind of real, you know the sand paper like feeling when any cats lick your finger? That. And there is fur around my mouth; the fur was so fine that I can hardly tell what color it was... I am trying to remember how Aurora's fur was.

I don't know why she will come so randomly these days if it was Aurora. Is it because of the reformation of our house? Did she want to check what was going on? I remember the first time she came to our home she was sniffing every corner of the house, is that what she is doing? That is really all I can guess of if she is around again 😕

Yes, it is indeed sad that they have to go but sometimes we need to let it go and smile for them, that's how we can show our love for them 😊

Oh, senhora, do you still dream of your dear Tom? If so how often? My friend just shown me a report about what they called "Spiritual Dreams", I thought you will be interested in. Cheers!

E.Lynx
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-09)
roylynx: having three cats, I'm familiar with the feeling of cat fur in your mouth...yuck! Specially now that they are shedding their winter coats.

Did this experience happen around Aurora's death anniversary or, had you been thinking about her? I'm curious because that's exactly what my Tom did for about two years after his passing, after that his visits became fewer and only in dreams, perhaps he knows that we both were ready to move on.

It is so sad to loose a pet. 😢
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-08)
RCRuskin, Thanks for the information!
Well... I agree with you on how surprising animals can be, now my house have just done a reformation and the owner of the building had just called the pest control few days ago, we hope things will be better. Cheers!

E.Lynx
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-04-07)
Lack of paw prints, fur and feathers is a strong indication there were no physical animals present. Not necessarily conclusive, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, after all. Lacking firm details, I'll accept no physical animals being present.

But, as someone who once studied to be a vet, I can tell you animals can get into the most surprising of places, places you would swear would be too small for them to get into.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: