You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: A Nightmare With Animals Or Hallucination?!

Real Ghost Stories

A Nightmare With Animals Or Hallucination?!

 

I have felt the presence of spirits of animals or I have heard their sounds but I have never seen the ghosts of animals. This puts me in a state of confusion that am I really hallucinating animal spirits or did I actually felt their presence.

First incident that occurred was when my family had to shift to our new home. My new house is located in an overcrowded city which has no forests nearby, in fact one has to travel for 5 hours to reach a forest far from the city I live. It was the first night in my new home and I slept peacefully until a terrible noise woke me up.

The noise that woke me up was the sound of wolves or so I thought... But When I woke up I could hear the roar of tigers, trumpet of elephants along with the sound of wolves.

I was so scared that I tried to call my parents but neither could I utter any word nor could I move my body, it seemed that all my body parts were jammed. The next morning, I heard my parents saying that the city was once a thick dense jungle known for its wild animals. On hearing this I told my parents about the last night's incident but nobody believed me instead they told me that I was hallucinating, but I can still remember the sounds of wild animals!

Second incident that occurred might be my misconception but I would like to share it.

There were two stray dogs (one male dog and one female dog) in the lane beside my home. One day I found that the male dog was limping, I thought of calling a veterinarian but even after searching tremendously I could not find one. I was very depressed and could do nothing more than watching the poor creature struggling with its legs helplessly and praying for the creature to get well soon but instead the leg changed for worse and soon a huge lump developed in the leg which caused his death after few months. After a year at 11 pm I heard the female dog barking at the place where the male dog hurt his leg, but when I looked at that place I found that there was no one in sight! But I can assure you that there was something which scared the female dog as that was the first time I saw her scared of something, but I am pretty sure that the female dog saw something terrifying that my eyes were unable to see!

Third incident MIGHT be my hallucination but still I would like to share my story.

You know how it feels when a mosquito bites but when you try to crush it and you surprisingly find that there is not even a single mosquito then how does one feel?

Same thing happened to me, at first I felt like some mosquito was biting me but when I tried to crush it I found that there was no mosquito. I thought that the mosquito might be a clever one so I planned of first seeing the mosquito biting me then I would crush it. Suddenly the same mosquito bite like feeling occurred so I cleverly tried to spot the mosquito but again I could see no mosquito, but the feeling of mosquito bite continued, in spite of several attempts I was unable to spot the mosquito. I don't know if I was really hallucinating mosquito bites or was there a real spirit of mosquito.

This story may sound stupid but I really want to know that why did I get the feeling of mosquito bites even when there were no mosquitoes or any other insects around me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dibyosaurus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-12-12)
Probably doughnuts and getting downvoted.

Fifty character minimum... Ruins comic timing.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-12-12)
jaddu_bhai - Your comment on a story which was published four years ago, with very few comments from readers, is rather surprising. The OP never replied.

From your comment I take it that you are a paranormal expert. May I ask you exactly what that is?

Regards, Melda
jaddu_bhai (1 posts)
-2
3 years ago (2020-12-12)
😭 😭 😭 what is this? Paranormal expert be like, what the f*** is this.
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
For your 3 incidents, I found that they are all relatively explainable.

First incident, might be due to tiredness and stress. When our body is stressful or really tired, during sleep our body will shut down living only a particular parts of our brain conscious. This sometimes will lead us to see hallucination or even "false hearing".

Second incident, cobras, the way your male dog died just reminded me of some poisonous creature that might possibly appear, while in India, I have read and heard that there were lots of "cobra cases", you know, cobra can spit their poison, when the poison goes into the eyes it cause blindness, when it goes into a wound, it will be slower than bites but still will cause infection then death. The fear caused your female dog to bark might be the reappearance of the cobra, they move fast and can be very sneaky.

The third incident, simple! Skin dryness. I know well how annoying a mosquito can be and their bites too, and I do know how sometimes we will feel the same itchiness during a climate change in-between seasons, just drink more water and put some lotions on after your shower.

Concluding the 3 incidents, you might need to have a good rest and a healthier diet, oh! And be aware of cobras. Cheers!

E.Lynx
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Hi Dibyosaurus
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
In terms of you hearing elephant noises, it appears that elephants communicate with each other over long distances.
This I Googled from a Nationsl Geographic site:
"researchers found that 96 percent of the infrasound elephant calls designed to travel long-distance occurred during the hours of dusk and dawn. Ideal atmospheric conditions occur near sunset and sunrise, when temperatures drop and the winds are quiet. Calls made during these optimum times could be heard up to 6 miles (10 kilometers) away"
That may explain the noises you heard?
As for the phantom mosquito, that's way out of my expertise.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards
Mack
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Welcome to YGS.

"...My new house is located in an overcrowded city which has no forests nearby, in fact one has to travel for 5 hours to reach a forest far from the city I live. It was the first night in my new home and I slept peacefully until a terrible noise woke me up."

Do you think it was possible for one of the neighbors to be playing a CD with animal sounds or watching a show about wild animals?

How far were you from the dog? Just because you couldn't see anything at the moment it doesn't mean that there was nothing threatening the dog. Perhaps even a person who has mistreated her in the past was looking from a nearby window.

As for the mosquito... Scratch the bite with a toothbrush.

Try to think about all the possible logical explanations before assuming something to be paranormal.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: