You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: My Possessed Lover!

Real Ghost Stories

My Possessed Lover!

 

Chennai, India: 14.04.2009

I was in my early twenties (now 31), and wished I had a girlfriend. My search for one, seemed like decades, started when I was 20 and was really lucky when I found one in early March 2008 (aged 23). I was so madly in love with her, that I wanted to be around her always (happens when you have fallen in love for the first time and newly committed). Every evening, I made it a point to take her for a drive and drop her off back home before dinner. Once such trip on 14th April 2009, turned disastrous for both of us. The reason I do not forget the date will become more evident when you read the events below.

After our usual drive, I dropped her back near her apartment (I ususally drop her 2 blocks before her apartment, as she did not want her parents to figure out about our relationship back then). After dropping her, I realized I left my ID card with her. So, I called her in less than 5 minutes to check if she reached home but her phone was not reachable. I thought, her phone might have died out on her. So I left home thinking how I will go to work the next morning. After 1 hour, when I tried to call her, it was still not reachable. Curious, I was glued to the screen of my phone until I got a message from her sister. The message was, " Where are you guys? Mum is searching for my sister. Drop her off soon before you guys get caught". I was shocked and confused as I dropped her by around 7 pm and it was almost 8:15 pm when I received the message.

Considering how unsafe it is in my neighborhood for women, I took my motorbike and started searching for her near the place where I dropped her and I was unsuccessful in finding her. I was very worried and guilty at the same time. I was wondering where she could have gone. I was just thinking about all the conversations we had during the day just to recollect my memory to locate her.

A few days before her sudden disappearance, she was mentioning something about she feeling eerie during the night before she goes to bed and it so happens that she wakes up every morning at 3:40 am (not exaggerating, she used to get up at that time because I was the recepient of her telephone calls at the exact same time every morning before she tries to go to bed again). This had been happening for quite some time now and it was bothering her very much. She said she always had the feeling that someone is there around her. And suddenly, I remembered a few conversations we had before I dropped her. She said, " If only I had another chance to live, I would never be a girl". Well, there is nothing alarming in that sentence (sometimes you hear girls say that when they are low/sad) but for some reason, it bothered me very much. I drove my motorbike in the exact same route we used to go for our daily drive. And in a deserted road, there she was, walking on the other side of the road. I was happy that I found her but was unsure how she came here. I turned my motorbike, went next to her and asked her to sit behind. She gave me slimy glare, screamed my ears off and pushed me from my bike. Things were becoming very strange as my girlfriend had a very slim voice. She can hardly be heard when she talks and this was completely new for me.

Surprised, I walked behind her and held her hand. OMG, what I saw that night was sheer evil. I could not see her eyelids. Yes. I say that again. I did not see her eyelids. It was just white. I still cannot believe that. Scared to death, I ran back towards my bike and she started walking towards me and slowly picking up speed. And then something struck me, "If she is really my girlfriend, she is in trouble and I need to help her". I started shouting for help and running. That's when she started sprinting towards me. She lifted me up like a wrestler and tossed me on the road. (I was 74 Kgs back then and she was hardly 50Kg) Hearing me shout, a few people came running from a nearby house and tried to stop her. It took, 6 people to stop her advancing towards me. I immediately knew that I had to call her parents and tell them about this situation.

Her parents came there soon, but my girl cannot be controlled. And that's when, a priest from a nearby temple, who happened to be around at that time said she has been possessed and we need to contact someone who can help us in containing its strength. I immediately narrated the few conversations related to her getting up at 3:40 am every morning to her sister who passed on the information to her parents.

Her parents were stanch believers in god and immediately called someone and took her out of town to a village in Kerala (state in India) called Chotanikora (supposed to be a place to cleanse the possessed). After a week, I heard back from her sister that she is back in town and is under house arrest as her parents are around her always. Then she narrated the story.

My girlfriend was possessed by the spirit of a girl who was poisoned by her lover suspecting her of cheating on him and her vengeful spirit wanted to punish him. Since I stopped her from doing it, the spirit thought I was offending it and wanted to harm me. I just could not imagine what would have happened to me if the neighbors did not stop it or What would have happened to my girl, if I had not stopped her from punishing the spirit's lover. Either way I was shocked.

However, My girlfriend (my wife now) recovered soon and does not remember anything that happened to her and we all took an oath to hide it from her. She has been happy as always and we have two kids now. We watch horror movies now and then, while I constantly get myself shiatscared, she handles these with much ease. She even makes fun of me for getting scared and thinking that ghosts are real!

Well they were real in my case and I know it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, silentvalley, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jahnviamz95 (3 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-06-29)
Silent valley,
It was indeed an interesting experience (I know it's not the same for you:)). Anyways happy to hear that you both are married now and so sweet of you for not leaving your lover during the time of difficulty.
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-11)
Hi Silentvalley, Your name reminds me of Haunted Valleys which are silent. Jokes Apart, It was a Good Story and the Narration was Excellent like a Professional Writer, I think so the place where Your Wife used to say was the dwelling of the spirit so may be when spirit saw you both together so the spirit reminded of her lover who cheated her. Also it was Good that You displayed your Maturity and Responsibility by coming to the aid of Your Wife also its good that You are Married. Chotanikara is a place of ParaShakti who is Creator, Preserver and Destroyer of Cosmos no body can withstand her Divine Powers.
Just like to advice if you get time visit Chotanikara again also get Holy Books and others if any and keep at you Home so that everyone can be safe. God Bless All.
HunterJack (4 stories) (26 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-08)
really interesting experience! If a person got possessed by something, they are not normal as they controlled by someone. They got enormous power from powerful spirit. I had experience this with some possessed persons. On reading your story, I got one thing your lover got possessed by that spirit some days before you had that experience as she got eerie feelings. It is the first identification of presence of spirit. That thing is with her and tried to control her. Anyway nice story.
Ravishingroxy (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-23)
I have been to chotanikara and have seen many a people getting cured there in 3 days. It's amazing!
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-16)
Hi abbykay-luv

Personally, I absolutely believe there are rules and laws around spiritual possession. These rules and laws, I can only logically assume, would all part of the natural rules and laws that govern nature / the entire Universe and maintain it's state of equilibrium. Call them scientific laws if you like; I like to use gravity as a good example of a natural rule, or law that exists for a good reason and that we can not alter.

I'm not entirely sure what your point is you are attempting to make, but are you suggesting that there are no barriers or circumstances that would stop or hinder spiritual possession? If so, then what's stopping a malevolent entity / spirit / ghost simply possessing your mind and body right now because it felt like it?

If it were that simple, then there would be millions of very well documented cases of genuine spiritual possession all over the world. That's merely my opinion on the subject, I'm sure others have different views.

Regards

Mack
abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-16)
[at] ladyglow
Really? You guys talk as if spirits have laws and rules about who to posses and when. And one thing, no one gets paid for posting the best story, neither will one get famous for posting something. Most comments are more of criticisms than questions that are directed to the poster.
Julie_W696 (11 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-16)
I have seen some strange things and no one believes me (even though I got a picture of one of them). My brother thinks he's practical, but would still say ghosts don't exist, even if one got up and wiggled on his... Anyway, I understand what it's like not to be believed. However, I agree that this doesn't sound right. For example:

A) It's a deserted road, yet not only is there a nearby house,

- there's at least 6 people who ran (Very quickly) to his defense, and
- a handy priest who just happens to be walking down a derted road, and knows all about possession.

B) Then he immediately jumps to the resolution set-up with some pretty big gaps in between. Like, how did they get her home? I doubt the "someone" her parents called (also very vague) could come out that night.

There are other things as well. Maybe I'm wrong, but I agree it seems fictitious.
sibyllushh (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-16)
This story reminds me of a question I have long wanted to put out here - has anybody here read Carl Wickland's "Thirty Years Among the Dead"?
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-15)
AugustaM,

A very interesting aspect to analyze this account. Great pereception. While I agree on the approach, me coming from the same country and culture, I felt some aspects to be dubious. I agree on the fact that Brotcrow has taken great attempts to prove his plight on what had happened and the below points may help summarize my view.

Great Narration. BrotCrow has made a good attempt to narrate the incidents that had happened atleast 10 years ago. Maynot remember every single detail that was noted way back then. But to have seen it happen to the most loved person in his life, I can totally understand how it could have been for him.

White eyes and superhuman strengths are something common from the stories I hear in India, but however, possession without apparitions or any sign of it earlier, sounded really new to me (atleast from what I have heard from my mum). Maybe just my opinion, the additions made to the story like, she was walking in a deserted road, she was taken to Chotanikora, She doesn't remember, just seems a bit dubious. I maybe wrong, but that's just a mere opinion from my end.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-12)
Maybe the selection of the OP's girlfriend for possession wasn't random - maybe she resembled the poisoning victim, maybe she then lived in the house where the victim lived or died, maybe she was unknowingly somehow related to the victim or the jealous poisoner, maybe she brushed by or purchased or was given something that belonged to one of them - and, given one circumstance or another, the vengeful spirit figured they could do more damage to the offender with a corporeal body to hand... Maybe it had already tried haunting him and wanted to kick things up a notch.

The girlfriend/lover may have made herself vulnerable through her own paranoia over waking up every morning at the same time - so spirit is there waiting (for one of the reasons above or so, e other reason), she gives it an opening by feeding it with her fear and BOOM possessed!

Stories out of India just seem different from those contributed by western authors - the cultures are quite different in so many ways. We can accept that living beings in different cultures behave and believe differently than us... So why can't that difference continue after death? I am not criticizing the detractors on this post, not in the least, your issues are considered and valid - just positing a notion. Perhaps, the paranormal experience depends very much on the social constructs and cultures it involves. Could not the paranormal be shaped -even defined- by culture in much the same way that the 'normal' is? It has been noted by many posters here and, I am certain I came across it in the earliest days of anthropology courses that a symbol means what an individual (or culture) believes it to mean... Why could the same not be true of many things? I.e. If a person believes two sticks joined at the proper angle in the proper spit will represent a higher power and protect them from evil entities, then those two sticks (the cross) may well protect them. By extension, if an individual firmly believes that there is something sinister at work when they wake up at 3:40 every morning for multiple days, then their beliefs create the potential for that to be realized?

...I don't know...I'm just thinking of any scenario to fill the gaps to make this account work in my head... I really do hate to go to the fence when the poster seems genuine and actively and calmly responds to comments and questions. So I'll stay here looking meaningfully towards the fence but keep my feet solidly on the ground for now.
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-10)
[at] brotcrow

I agree with Macknorton. The story, though interesting and a must read, looks to be a work of fiction. Please do not get offended by the comment, but there are a lot of loopholes in the story that is evident and quite hard to believe.

Nevertheless, glad to hear that you are happy with your family and your wife has not depicted that kind of behavior again.

Cheers,
Nal
India (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-09)
Thanks bro really thanks for sharing your real life story

M happy that everything is in perfectly all right & most important thing is that you got your love back in your life
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-09)
Hi Botcrow

Thanks for your response - however for me, there was nothing you wrote that clarified your story.

I respect that fact that you appear to believe that what you wrote actually happened.

But personally there's too many aspects which sound like a cliched horror movie; the white eyes, the superhuman strength, the apparent sudden and random possession in the space of a few hours, then the rescue and the happy ending etc ect

Personally for me, the single aspect of your story that, above all else, simply doesn't ring true is the point I initially made, and which Lady-Glow made (and to which you did not reply I noticed) WHY would a spirit attempt to possess a random person who had NO connection to the intended target in order to somehow harm that target person?

That aspect of your tale is SO far fetched that, for me, I suggest, with all due respect Sir, that this story is a work of fiction.

Regards

Mack
brotcrow (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-09)
[at] L_Melb

Your message below

"I find myself waking at similar times every night
It is very annoying!
I have never worried about possession - I didn't think spirits etc worked to our way of telling the time or that time as we know it was a factor to such entities.
I hope there isn't something my family isn't telling me 😨"

Not sure if that was a sarcastic pessimistic response. But if yes/no, I don't have an answer for that.
brotcrow (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-09)
[at] lady-glow

Not really. There is very less probablity for that to have happened. We had performed a full body check up to sign up for a new insurance and both of us were healthy. And I can confirm that, she was not under any kind of medication during the time of "possession".
brotcrow (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-09)
[at] Macknorton,

Thanks for your message. I certainly see logical reasoning behind your statements, but however, let me take a step further to clarify your concerns. We may or maynot agree on it, but its just an effort to make it clearer.

1) "My wife is as happy as always" is a more personalized statement that I had used towards the end of the story. "And making fun of me getting scared watching horror movies" is an acocunt to say that I get scared and she sees fun in that. (most couples do that if am right). She is strong with her vioews that ghosts don't exist, so she doesn't really care about the movies. Probably one reason why she is unmoved while watching horror flicks.

2) Attracting negative energy & susceptioble to these things - I said that because, a few weeks before the "possession", I could see her concerned very much about waking up at 3:40 Am. From what I always heard from her, she was paranoid that she woke up exactly at the same time and had trouble going to sleep.

3) Waking up at 3:40 Am is no coincidence - I used this sentence because I ruled out other health related concerns. We both had a full body check up done to sign up for a new insurance, and she had no troubles in her system.

Again, I say this, In my opinion, I think she waking up at 3:40 am is no coincidence. Waking up on a random day is fine... One week is still acceptable... But more than that is not common when you are healthy. And the only reeason I see it as a sign that went unnoticed is because of the fact she was possessed a few weeks into her complaining about it.

Not sure if waking up at a particular time is a proof of becoming possessed, but, based on your inputs, can you confirm that every individual who has been possessed thus far has experienced the same process (seeing apparitions, feeling touched, watched, followed, possessed) and it all happened in a particular way?

I think unless you yourself are the person possessed and only if you can remember the entire account, I doubt if any other information could be validated successfully.

4) "Being Unlucky" - I am negating superstitious beliefs out of the equation (am not superstitious in any way). I felt bad for this individual whom I knew (well, you are bound to feel bad for your soulmate and feel it was unfortunate) and hence the word "unlucky".

Happy to explain/clarify more questions and your concerns.

Best Regards,
BrotCrow
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-09)
I find myself waking at similar times every night
It is very annoying!
I have never worried about possession - I didn't think spirits etc worked to our way of telling the time or that time as we know it was a factor to such entities.
I hope there isn't something my family isn't telling me 😨
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-08)
Brotcrow: would it be possible that your then girlfriend unwillingly and unknowingly took an illegal drug?

I hope you don't take my question in the wrong way, but I have trouble understanding that a spirit would say "Oh, I like that body for a weapon!" and just get into a person and go on its way to fix it's unsolved issues. 😕
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-08)
Hi Botcrow

Yes, I too appreciate your response and your effort to clarify some questions.

However, there are still aspects of this that require clarification for me, if you don't mind?

Can you please expand on these statements regarding your wife and the apparent reasons for this "possession"?

"She was susceptible to these things"

"[She was] attracting negative energy "

"[She was] probably unlucky"

At the end of your account, you said of your wife "she has been happy as always " and also that she "handles horror movies with much ease and makes fun of me getting scared for thinking ghosts are real"

So this woman sounds, to me, like a happy, fun loving, relaxed, well adjusted woman who clearly is not living in fear of spirits or ghosts. That is a complete contradiction to how you described her "attracting negative energy" and being "susceptible to these things". Can you please clarify?

And I personally don't believe spirit possession has anything to do with being "unlucky". That's bordering on superstitious beliefs in my opinion.

Also how could she have no memory of the possession? Possessions must occur over a reasonably long period of time, she would have been complaining of a malelovent presence around her as she was worn down by it?

You also wrote:"...she waking at 3:40 every morning is no coincidence, I see that as a sign that was totally under noticed in the context of this possession..."

Are you able to clarify how somebody waking up at a particular time in the night is proof that they are possessed or becoming so? That also sounds like a superstitious belief, or wild assumption.

No offence intended Botcrow I'm simply struggling with aspects of this story that just don't make rational sense, and am simply wanting to better understand it.

Regards

Mack
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-08)
Thanks for trying to explain, I really do appreciate the effort.
However I believe this is a case of agreement to disagree.
I suppose you really had to be there!
Thanks, L
brotcrow (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-08)
[at] Macknortan & L_Melb.

Thanks a lot for your messages.
While I can totally understand your questions, I begin to wonder if my narration was too bad to suggest that this was fictional.
This can hardly be a fictional account as I was there when it happened. Let me clarify a few of your concerns and then, let's see if we agree.

1) Mental Illness.

While it hurts to see, that someone suggests that it can be a cause of mental illness NOW, I suspected that 8 years back when it happened.
After my wife was "possessed" and "cured", I still had my personal doubts about she suffering from some form of trauma/after affects of it.
I adviced her parents to take her to a psychiatrist to rule out the possibilty that she is suffering from ANY SORT OF MENTAL ILLNESS and not suffering any post "POSESSION" Trauma.
If I can recall that correct, she was immediately tested for a mental condition named "Mania", that is usually tested positive for people suffering from hysteria, hallucinations, delusions, euphoria, personality disorders etc.
My wife tested negative for it and she was not feeling any trauma after the change in behaviour (Possession).
She was as mentally sound like any normal person of her age and she did not have any illness. Medical records say that and not ME.

2) Random Possession.

Based on my understanding, "Possession" is getting hold of any person's mind and controlling it. If my understanding is worng, then google has the following explaination for it: the state of having, owning, or controlling something.
I completely understand your point, While I don't have an explaination for your question on "why" it "possessed" my girlfriend, the only possible response would be, she was susceptable to these things and was attracting negative energy. She was probably unlucky.
The response to why it did not attack/scare/torture the person who killed it, well, not for me to answer that.
I understand your concern on spirits don't take over any random person. But I am not well educated in this field to answer that question in a scientific way.

3) And over to you L_Melb, Sudden possession and presence of a holy person at the place.! As long as I heard aboout it from my girlfriend, she has NEVER mentioned anything about seeing apparitions, shadows etc. While it may seem sudden for you, not for me, because I see that she waking up every morning at 3:40 is no coincidence. I see that as a sign that was totally under noticed in the context of this possession.
And to the presence of a priest there, not sure if you have visited India, If not and if you wish to do, you will notice that every alternative street in the congested country has a temple/church or a Mosque. So the presence of a holy person (who was not able to control the possessed and adviced for a better help) is no imagination and I hope that can suffice your logic on the sudden appearance of a priest.

Taking of an Oath... - Well, not that she was my lover and I was being over protective about her, but if it was any random person, I would have still kept this as a secret from them. Well, keeping the informed, will never help these people come out of their fear for years to come. For ex, If you had been possessed and had no idea about it, not sure if you would like to know about it later from the perople you consider close. Even if you do, not sure if that would instigate more fear in you when you are alone. Just my opinion. So, I just wanted to save my wife from all these troubles in the future.

And additionally, I did not wish her to be bullied for this reason at her workplace/neighborhood.

Well as far as the title goes, am no Spielberg 😜😜to choose a perfect title. When the site prompted me to type one of my own, this was the most prolific title I could think off.

I hope my response gives you a better picture on what had happened.
brotcrow (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-08)
[at] KikiGirl...
Ya. We always thrive to get someone in your life whom you promise to stay with forever no matter what. Well, I think it was my time/moment to show that.

If my knowledge on that is right, yes... I think her eyes were rolled backwards. I was able to see just the white part of the eyes.

Regarding other signs, I do not wish to say something that I dint know. From what my girlfriend told me, yes... She used to wake up every morning at 3:40... She must not have seen anything because of she did, I would have have known that as well. But she did mention that she always feels uncomfortable when staying alone. An uneasy feeling when alone.

It was indeed very very frightening. Being lifted in the air like playing with a kid... I was scared to death.
brotcrow (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-08)
[at] Sheetal & [at] Shobha

Thanks for wishes. God has indeed blessed us and that's evident in how happy we are now.:) thanks again.
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-07)
Thanks Macknorton! I had my own problems with this account but was being chicken and waited to see if it was just me 😕
Seems too "formulaic" for want of a better word.
All of a sudden possession takes place, a holy person is conveniently at hand... Too 0 to 100 kmph
The taking of an oath of secrecy comes across as a bit too convenient also - and as it is said that they are now married with children, using "lover" in the title seems kind of calculated rather than natural.
Then again, I may be simply imposing my way of seeing things on another place where it could be totally logical...
Oh well, that's my view for what its worth! Thanks, L
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-07)
Hi Brotcrow

Thanks for sharing your story. For me, there's so many things that I don't understand in this experience. I like to think I'm a pretty logical, rational sort of guy, and whilst much of the spirit world and ghosts etc are not really understood, there still appears to be "rules" and "laws" (you could call them a science, albeit a vastly mysterious science) around how we interact with them and vice-versa.

Here's the thing, I'm no expert on possession; I've never been possessed, and I've never met, seen or talked to anyone who has been possessed. It appears to be a very rare thing, and when there appears to be a case, it's often EXTREMELY difficult to ascertain whether the subject is, in fact, possessed, or has a mental illness.

I do believe that we can be influenced by negative spirits, just as we can be influenced by negative people. However, what your experience suggests is that a spirit has effectively taken over the mind and body of a young woman.

What I don't understand, and hopefully you can clarify this, is WHY would a spirit of a murdered woman decide to possess a completely random person who has NO connection with the alleged offender at all, in order to "punish" him?

SURELY if this spirit was SO hell-bent on exacting her revenge, she would target this man DIRECTLY; haunting him, appearing by his bed at 2:00 AM, hurling stones or objects at him, biting, scratching him, hiding his car keys... I don't know, but there would be far better ways for her to harm this man. Do you understand my point?

I believe, and it makes sense to me, that a spirit could only possess (and by possess I mean have ALMOST complete control over them) someone if that person 100% desired it, or was in such a terribly weakened state, physically and mentally, that it was possible for a "take-over". I really don't think that spirits can just see a person and then THEY decide to inhabit that persons body. It's just way too complex and difficult process, surely, that to be that SIMPLE?

I'm going to have to sit on the fence on this one.

Regards

Mack (or is it Tweetie Melrose?)
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-06)
brotcrow, you must really haved loved her from the begining to stick with her through all of that! You must be soulmates!
What do you mean, she didn't have eyelids? It was all white? Do you mean that her eyes were rolled-backwards and so... You could only see the white of her eyes?
I'm sorry to pry more, but, weren't there any other signs?! I know, she was waking up in the early hours of the morning but wasn't there anything else? I can only imagine how frightening it is for such a young and pretty lady to turn into a person who can shout like a man and as the same strength!
shobha (35 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-06)
Loved your story. I have heard about chotanikora, it is in Kerala. My Dad was a regular visitor there when he used to go to Shabarimala.It's great that the two of you are married. I find the stories from Indian posters very interesting. God bless the two of you. Warm regards
Shobha.
SheetalDharia (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-05)
Hey brotcrow.
Really interesting incident. And the horror one. God bless you both 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: