You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Granny Possessed

Real Ghost Stories

Granny Possessed

 

I am from South Dinajpur, West Bengal and it is my first story on this page.

Before skipping into the main content I would like to acknowledge my readers that I am a passionate paranormal investigator and I have been taking part in traditional Indian Occult rituals for the last many years. I have even assisted in serious practices like home purification and exorcisms from the age of 7 yrs,literally!All the horror stories I narrate are 100% real and the readers may blindly trust me.

The incident I am going to narrate now actually took place when I was about 5 or 6 years old. At that time my grandma used to live in a separate house about a mile away from ours. My grandpa had been the Municipal Chairman of our town during late 19th century. After his assassination, my grandma had to live in the palatial house all alone. It is really creepy to know that most of my forefathers, both from paternal and maternal side had been killed by black magic. It has been predicted that I too would die the same way. My place, date and time of death had also been apprehended! Anyways let's get back to our topic.

My grandma was a famous kirtan singer of her time. As she grew older, my father started visiting her daily,cooking,and doing all her household chores. One day, after she returned from her daughter's home in Berhampur, my father noticed an amulet on her wrist. She revealed that one of her daughter's relatives presented it to her.However,no one paid any heed to it for quite a long time.

After about a month, situations took a scary turn.Granny's health declined sharply. Her face appeared unusually pale and depressive. She always remained irritated and talked in a commanding tone. Children including me were always scared to go near her for some unknown reason.

She almost gave up eating due to loss of appetite. Later she reported that she only felt hungry right at the mid of night. As the days passed, her situation worsened and she grew more and more hungry for fishes. Even at that age, she could eat any amount of fish offered to her. My father provided enough of medical treatment to her but all in vain. Seeing her demeanor other elders of the colony finally concluded that she was certainly possessed.

Once a neighbouring man saw her standing on the roof aimlessly, at the crack of dawn.Luckily,the man was a local ojha (traditional bengali exorcist). He claimed to see an unearthly expression on her face and offered to visit her house in the evening. He warned that granny should keep a fast until he completes an EXORCISM on her.

As said, he visited my granny the same evening. None was allowed inside the house other than him and granny. Whatever happened next was narrated by granny herself after she recovered.

She had no idea of what had taken place during the process. She just recalled that after the exorcism was complete, she just banged her head forcefully and heard a bloody scream from the top of a palm tree behind her house. The old man revealed that whatever was screaming had been residing in her body ever since. A black magic had been played on her through the amulet.

After the old man left, granny couldn't sleep the whole night. She kept sitting inside the puja room and called my father immediately after sunrise. My father rushed to her and was enthralled to hear all this. He snatched the amulet from her and burnt it down in her backyard. He and the other locals present at the scene claimed that the amulet produced smells of burnt human flesh on being set on fire.

This initially ended her suffering. Gradually she got well but memories of the incident kept traumatizing her. My granny had died years ago. I don't know why, but now the story scares me even more.

Other hauntings by DKMajumder

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DKMajumder, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DKMajumder (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-02-27)
Greetings Valkricry

You got it right. Certain trees can harbour both positive and negative entities. But those which I have mentioned are more likely to be chosen by evil spirits and goblins (except banyan, which can be used for blessing purposes too).
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
4 years ago (2020-02-26)
DK, I have a question about the belief, "It has been an ancient Indian belief that palm trees provide a perfect shelter to evil entities.
Trees like palm,banyan,tarmarind,wild tamarisk etc. Have been observed to be natural preference of ghosts in bengal." I know many cultures believe that trees can harbour entities, good as well as evil, and I was wondering if the same held true in your culture?
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-02-26)
Thanks for replying DK, I'm sorry I should have paid attention to the comments of previous posters. My bad.

If the palm tree is dangerous then it's better to get rid of it. Had the tree not been there you grandma wouldn't have been possessed in the first place. It can also prevent any such incidents from happening any further.
DKMajumder (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-02-26)
Hello Socracy5

We were able to find out who casted the black magic and why.
The same has been discussed in my previous
Comments.Please try reading them to know more.

Now coming to your second question regarding the palm tree-
It has been an ancient Indian belief that palm trees provide a perfect shelter to evil entities.
Trees like palm,banyan,tarmarind,wild tamarisk etc. Have been observed to be natural preference of ghosts in bengal.
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-02-26)
Hi DK,

I guess I'm pretty late to take part in this discussion.

But first of all condolences on your loss. Possessions are generally intriguing experiences capable of
Making a person lose their sane state of mind but I'm glad your granny survived it well.

However just a quick question!

Have you ever found out exactly who casted this spell on your granny and why?

Does that palm tree you mentioned holds any special significance to your family or probably any incident based off it?

Only curious about the happening tho:)

Looking forward to hear more from you

Regards

dido (5 stories) (20 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
What a great story - such a bad experience but a positive ending for your Aarji/Aaya.

Hinduism is such a fascinating religion/culture. The scriptures from the vedas to the Upanishads etc are amazing.

Western culture and beliefs do not go into the number of details and teachings where there are thousands and thousands of texts teaching you what people would call magic/healing etc.

An 800 year old Sadhu would not be something uncommon to hear about.
One of my most fascinating reads a few years ago was about Ashwathamma (5000-year-old Chiranjeevi) I prayed so hard that one day I could find him and ask him about Krishna.

Great stories - Cant wait to read more...
mel8763 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-02-24)
I enjoyed your very well written story. I joined this site almost 8 years ago. You get a lot of support and feedback. Please continue to publish them.
DKMajumder (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-02-14)
Lady-glow

In response to "800 years old sadhu"-

Yes,this is possible. There are many more sadhus larking in the Himalayan mountains who are even older!
It's a special power they have gained through rigorous sadhana. They have many godly powers and don't usually appear before everyone. Only fortunates get to meet them. They can easily live in temperatures much below the freezing point without a single layer of cloth put on.
No,i am not telling about some marvel character. They are our Indian "Aghories" and "Naga-Sadhus".

They can not prove their age to create a world record because back then (when they were born), neither hospitals existed nor birth certificates.

Want to see such sadhus?
Check this out-

Https://www.instagram.com/p/B8gjrn1gxTU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Please be free to ask if you have further queries.
DKMajumder (2 stories) (15 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-14)
Lady-glow

Here are your answers-

1) Granny had to live alone in the palatial house because three of her four daughters were married outside the town (about 500 km away) and the fourth one had died long ago. I have mentioned that her husband had died too. She loved her old home dearly and refused to stay in ours.

2) My grandpa was a Municipal Chairman, which is much like a mayor. Even before acquiring the post, he worked as a leader of the a national political party.Besides,he was the descendent of a royal family from Bangladesh. He used to spend very little and save most of his incomes for the future. Under such circumstances, it is nothing strange to be a multimillionaire.

3) Grandma was a brahmin lady by caste. Brahmins were traditionally called as 'People of higher caste'.In those days, Orthodox brahmins refused to come in contact with people of other castes and religions. So did my granny. It was a matter of racial discrimination where a brahmin could be served by another brahmin only. Due to non availability of such a brahmin servant, my father (himself a brahmin) began to do her daily chores.

4) After my father reached granny's house, she started crying, shouting and created an alarming situation. The inquisitive neighbours must have been alerted by her cries and one by one, everyone came to know the matter.

4) Sure, there are differences. Even burning fresh flesh and stale flesh produce different smells. My dad had a long experience of being in funerals and watching human corpses burn (as a part of hindu funeral rituals). He had noted some similarity between the two.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-13)
Blame it on the Bollywood movies I so much enjoy watching, but your description of your grandmother's house as "the palatial house" makes me think about a haveli house, perhaps seating on a small/medium size fenced/walled acreage.

DKMajumder.

Although this might be irrelevant to the paranormal aspect of your story and in spite of you asking "the readers may blindly trust" you, I would very much appreciate if you can elaborate about your following statements:

- "my grandma had to live in the palatial house all alone."

- "Granny was a multimillionaire!"

- "my father started visiting her daily,cooking,and doing all her household chores."

Didn't she have any servants?

"She...called my father immediately after sunrise... He snatched the amulet from her and burnt it down in her backyard. He and the other locals present at the scene claimed that the amulet produced smells of burnt human flesh on being set on fire."

Why and what were the other locals doing at the palatial house so early in the morning?

Does human flesh smell different than any other animal's flesh? I have only smelled burnt chicken, pork and beef meat, and my own a few times during distracted cooking and, in my opinion, all of the above smell the same.
Personally, I think the only way to confirm if the amulet was made using human flesh would be through DNA testing.

I'll appreciate your feedback.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-13)
A 800 year old person?!?!?!?

The Tantrik.

Please correct me if I'm misinterpreting your words "I have personally met 800 year old sadhus".

By this do you mean one individual who has lived that long, or should I understand he has reincarnated several times during those 800 years?

With all due respect but I find the former impossible to believe. And, IF this is the case and there's a way to prove it, it would be a good idea to give them the credit they deserve and, at the same time, let the world know about this extraordinary achievement.

Q=oldest+person+ever&oq=oldest+person+ever&aqs=chrome...
69i57j0l7.11661j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-10)
RCRuskin-thanks for that link to the trial of the haunted house. Working in foreclosure law, I find this particularly interesting and also very amusing. Counsel using puns such as 'not having a ghost of a chance' in their motions was the icing on the cake. 😊
TheTantrik (10 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-02-08)
No,I am not from Bengal.

Hmm I'm pretty sure something can be done, it is never too late. The Goddess always forgives and protects.I'll talk to my own Guru ji about this. There was a case here of a woman being troubled by paranormal activities that my Guru got rid of, surely he can help.

I have personally met 800 year old sadhus, while my own Guruji has learnt from them so he should have some solution. I'd like to learn from you too:) Do let me know how I can get on touch with you
DKMajumder (2 stories) (15 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-08)
RCRuskin

So humble of you.
Thanks for understanding me.
Trust me, I never harmed innocent people. Those practices were a small part of tantra sadhana that every tantrik needs to learn, atleast for his own safety.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-08)
Well, DK, I have given you an upvote. Not because of what you did in the past but because you realized the error of it and, at least it seems, you have tried to make amends.
DKMajumder (2 stories) (15 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-08)
The Tantrik

Alas!Those were proper siddhi. I had taken lives. I was not Pishach siddha but used other types of demons like brahmadaitya,skandhakata,
Shadow ghosts,dakini,yogini etc.
Sorry,I can't reveal anything more for they may seem obnoxious to other readers.
After posting comments about my tantrik life, I have had a lot of downvotes. But still, I want my readers to know the true face of the spiritual world (and not blindly trust horror movies, that actually distort the reality of ghosts and demons).
I ask again, are you a bengali?
Please answer, it can help us communicatie better.
TheTantrik (10 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-08)
How interesting!

Well, that depends right? If you had done a prayog or a proper siddhi? If it was a siddhi only then when you'd die, you'd become the same being that you had done Siddhi of. Eg if it was pisach siddhi, you'd become a pisach. If it was only a prayog, you'd have to face the karmic after effects but shouldn't be that severe.

I'll send you a dm
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-07)
Kudos to the exorcist for immediately recognizing that your Grandma was possessed. There are many in this world that deny the possibility of any spirit possessing the material body of a human being. To me, this is the very essence of evil when a possession takes place without the permission of the possessed.
DKMajumder (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-02-07)
The Tantrik

You are right. I started practicing tantrik rituals at the age of 7 years.
Initially I performed black magic (eg baan mara) too. But later, upon realising that it is a misuse of tantra, I finally stopped doing so. I had to pursue my career and hence, totally got detached from vamachara a few years later.
I don't practice it now, but still I am keenly interested to know more about it!
I know that I would be finally killed by the demons whom I have used to conduct black magic.
If you r a real tantrik, you will get my point.

By the way, are you a bengali too?
TheTantrik (10 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-02-07)
Hmm would I be wrong to assume you're involved in Tantra? West Bengal is either ways full of Tantriks. I'm involved in occult too:)
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-06)
DK, thank you for your reply.

Ghosts and demons tend not to exist in legal proceedings, Stambovsky v Ackley being a notable exception:

Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stambovsky_v._Ackley

I was driving when I heard the verdict in the case, had to pull over until I stopped laughing.

More to the point: May your grandmother's Memory be Eternal.
DKMajumder (2 stories) (15 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-06)
Lady-glow

The man who exorcised granny later told my father that the amulet could replace her pure soul with that of a Pishach (flesh eating demon). The tantrik who initiated the black magic could then use her soul to accomplish ignoble tasks.

She couldn't confront the amulet giver because she had no legal proofs to put forward.

Shortly after the exorcism, she fell ill again. This time it was just a physical illness. Her daughter forcefully took her away in the name of better treatment, but in reality put her into pharmacological torture. She ultimately passed away before we could even see her again.
DKMajumder (2 stories) (15 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-06)
Hello RCRuskin
Here r your answers-

1) The one who gifted the amulet was actually the sister of granny's son in law. She did so on being convinced by granny's daughter herself.

2) Granny was a multimillionaire! Her daughter hankered over her huge property. She simply tried to kill her mother and pinch all her belongings at the earliest.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-05)
RCRuskin

I wonder if the "who" in question wanted to inherit or, at least have a chance, to move into the "the palatial house"?

DKMajumder.

What happened after the exorcism? Did your grandma confronted the, not so loving, amulet giver?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-02-05)
Well, simply put, it is a scary story. Hi, DKMajumder.

So someone gave your grandmother a cursed amulet, and of course that brings to mind the questions:

1. Who?

2. Why?

Did it have anything to do with her singing, I'm wondering.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: