You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: 3 Knocks

Real Ghost Stories

3 Knocks

 

I have always been interested in the paranormal but at the same time I've always been skeptical and try to find ways to explain the things that happen. I have had a few experiences but I always brush them off. This one experience I had was one that actually scared me for a while. I don't know for sure if it's paranormal but I don't know how else to explain it. Keep in mind that at the time I was 17 and I never drink so I was completely sober.

This story happened last September in Bristol. Everything was going well that day when at around 12pm I heard 3 knocks on my living room window, this didn't really surprise me because my dad usually knocks on the window instead of the door because it's much quiter so my dog won't start barking and wake the baby. I was thinking this was him so I looked out the window to confirm but no one was there. I thought maybe it was just me imagining things so I brushed it off as nothing and continued with what I was doing.

I was still in the living room and about 15 minutes later I heard 3 knocks on my backdoor. I went to check it out and saw my little sister there with the backdoor open, she was 13, I asked her why she knocked but she had no idea what I was talking about and I could tell she was just really confused about it. Again I thought it was nothing and continued with my things.

For the rest of the day nothing had happened and I had forgotten about the knocks. My family were packing their things because we were going on a camping trip the next day with some friends. I had gone upstairs at around 9pm to finish up and check if I had packed everything I needed when I heard 3 loud knocks on my window, I suddenly remembered the knocks from before and checked my window as quickly as possible to see if I could catch the person doing it, if it was a person anyway. It was dark outside but still clear enough to see everything. I didn't see anyone and I was starting to freak out and think I was going crazy. Still I was convincing myself that it was nothing and maybe just me even though I knew something wasn't right. It would be hard for someone to get to my window because it's on the second floor facing the back garden and to get to the back garden you would have to go through the backdoor in the house or go through a tall gate next to the house and then another one after that, both are always locked. Most people don't know it's a gate as the doors are hard to see because of the dark colour, pattern and plants growing on it.

My parents got into a little argument at around 12pm, everyone was still awake getting things ready and they were all upstairs. I thought I heard my dad open and close the front door, I wasn't surprised at that either because after an argument he would go outside to get some fresh air. I again heard 3 loud knocks but this time it was on my front door. The knocks were so clear but I didn't want to open it because I was too lazy. I was waiting for one of my family members to open it but none of them did. I decided I should just go so I opened the door without checking as I was sure it was my dad. I was surprised to see no one there, I opened the living room door to see my dad sleeping on the sofa. I was so surprised. My other sister, she was 15, was coming down the stairs and asked why I opened the door. I just ignored her and went back up to my room.

The next morning I was asking my family members if any of them had heard the knocks, especially the 3 knocks on the front door because they were the loudest. None of them heard it or knew what I was talking about so I decided to forget about the whole thing but I have never been so confused in my life.

After that some things started happening a bit more often like the wood under the beds being heard shaking, some whispering in my sisters room when no one was there and scratching on the ceiling but I'm not really bothered by any of that and these past 3 months nothing has happened. Both my sisters have had some of these small experiences happen to them but not very often.

If anyone has any idea of what the knocks could be or had a similar experience I would appreciate your comments and opinions.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Juli, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-27)
Hello Intgrist

After re reading your comments on this thread I want to add something

Everything you said in your comments would be completely true and correct IF the things you believe in were 100 percent true. But what happens IF they are NOT true? Almost like making a mistake in a math problem. Once made the operations that follow will be in error.

Humans are curious by nature. And while sometimes that curiosity can land a person in trouble it can also be a great teacher.

In your belief a person has no reason to hang around the living and are not to linger here.
But we simply don't know as fact that the way the afterlife works is the way religion would tell us.
I'm not Saying there isn't a God. In fact I think just the opposite. What I do believe is that man has muddled everything up so much that much of what religion teaches may not be accurate.

I'll leave you with a quote from someone very special

"There is some truth in all of the major religions of the world. However mankind has had his hands on them so much that they have become so distorted that finding those truths is almost impossible."

Regards
Randy
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-22)
Oh no not another Integrist battle 😭. My inbox near burst after the last one!

Juli, I really love your encounter thanks for sharing. I think knocking means different things for different ghosts. If it happens again try to pay attention to things leading up to it. Might reveal something about the nature. My money's on poltergeist for the way you've described this. The way it all unfolded is very intriguing. Feel like I'm missing a piece of the puzzle that could explain something but I can't think what.

Anyway thanks for sharing!😊
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-21)
Hi Integrist

"...Did your deceased relatives normally scratch and whisper in other rooms when they wanted to grab your attention - or knock very loudly so as to get you to almost freak out and question your sanity?
That does not sound like typical behavior to me, but then again, there's all sorts of people out there. You know your relatives, so you can answer the above questions for yourself.:)..."

Well, I think we all have relatives that make us question our sanity - alive or dead!

From what I understand, communication from the spirit world is a very difficult and delicate thing to achieve, usually. Through reputable mediums / psychics there is some compelling evidence that spirits can communicate and convey quite detailed and accurate messages, but great mediums are not that common unfortunately.

From what I understand, and it makes logical sense to me, is that spirit vibrates at a much higher rate than "matter", hence why we can't see spirits (usually) so in order for us to communicate with them, they either have to lower their "vibration" or we have to "raise" ours, and when we meet halfway the results are good. How this is actually achieved is a mystery to me.

I'm sure Juli's relatives, when alive and manifesting on this material plane, would have communicated with her the usual ways; by speaking to her, using a telephone or internet... Etc etc.

When people pass over, communication appears to be a lot more difficult, and they don't have the same methods to do so in the spirit world as they did when they were "alive", so knocking, scratching and whispering is "typical" manifestations of spirit activity.

I can totally see your point about knocking and scratching and whispering as not the greatest method of communicating and it could upset and scare some people (and lead to assumptions about "good" or "evil" intentions), but the way I see it, there are far more effective ways of terrorizing people (if that's the intention) other than simple knocking or scratching. Just read through this site! Conversely, there are also better ways to communicate with your loved ones that don't frighten them either.

You have to bear in mind that it seems we are pretty much as we are at the time we pass over, so if knocking, or scratching is the BEST or ONLY way that that particular soul can muster and is in fact trying to communicate, then that's what it is.

I guess an analogy would be some people can write well and express themselves, or are great speakers, and others really struggle with the basics of either. Could it be the same with spirit communication attempts? Just throwing that out there for discussion / contemplation.

Regards

Mack
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-05-21)
Inergist

You ask above if it was normal for relatives to scratch and whisper or knock to get the attention of someone they loved while living. Then if not why would they do it once they die?

The means for communication is completely different once a person doesn't have a body to work with.

You also have ask why people here would fool with such things. For me it's about learning. Learning what happens after our bodies die
From your belief you may feel you already know but in fact a belief is not factual knowledge

Imagine if sailors were never brave enough to tackle the great oceans. Many would still have a belief the world was flat. It is through questions we learn.

I'm really not attacking you or your belief or the belief of any Christian.
That said many times it seems that some people of faith don't want to question because they are afraid their beliefs may be seriously challenged or proven wrong and then what would they be left with
I'm not saying they are wrong but I am saying don't be afraid to question and learn

Regards
Randy
kayraa (3 stories) (22 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-21)
Integrist you seem to be pushing a point on it being evil. Even if it is and you're right the best thing would be to ignore it and not show fear. I would simply move on. However you seem to want to incite fear into Juli which would only make things worse.

Juli if it is something that is worrying you, I suggest you find some way that you believe would "clense" your house.

I know for me it is burning sage. I know others don't believe in this but it has worked for me and helps give me piece of mind lol

But again if it is not affecting your life, probably best to ignore it and go on like nothings happening 😁
Integrist (83 posts)
-3
7 years ago (2017-05-21)
Hi Juli,

Thank you for your detailed response. Much appreciated.

Your response seems to indicate that you are fine with the knocks, scratches, and the whispering happening at your place. Forgive me for thinking so, but that was not the impression I got when I read your story with the following lines:

"t was dark outside but still clear enough to see everything. I didn't see anyone and I was starting to freak out and think I was going crazy."

Although, it seems now that it is some sort of "friendly visit" from perhaps deceased relatives.

Have these occurrences started shortly after someone in your family died?
Also, have they now stopped completely?

The impression I got was that they started randomly - at least there was not much information on what may have triggered them.

And while most folks still think (rather insist) that this is a "friendly visit" (because, the alternative is "balderdash" apparently - despite the self-righteous demands for "respect" and "toleration of differing views: most did not spot the irony), I cannot help but wonder:

Why would a deceased loved-one be scratching on walls? This is peculiar if we consider that the way others explain the 3 knocks is by their habits during lifetime of knocking around 3 times to get someone's attention. Did your deceased relatives normally scratch and whisper in other rooms when they wanted to grab your attention - or knock very loudly so as to get you to almost freak out and question your sanity?

That does not sound like typical behaviour to me, but then again, there's all sorts of people out there. You know your relatives, so you can answer the above questions for yourself.:)

Now, I guess I owe an explanation to you as you are the OP as to why I am not responding to other queries:

I joined to group for one particular story, when I stumbled upon some local "expert" trying to basically "prove" that my religious views are based on nonsense. Everyone was fine with that - despite the constant demands for "respecting others' beliefs". This stopped, when I challenged said person, and was able to answer the nonsensical and revisionist claims made against the views I hold. Of course, soon enough, I was blamed for "derailing" a thread (despite having been invited to address said queries).
In another instance, I actually had a cordial back-and-forth with another use, who genuinely asked questions: he disagreed with my views, but he made it very clear that he was simply curious. I was more than happy to oblige, and answer his queries to the best of my knowledge.
In the course of his questions, others got involved, and again started preaching about "tolerance" and "respecting other views", until a moderator stopped the thread with a threat to anyone further commenting on the issue. And of course, someone else was able to post something mocking my views without consequence.

You will find the same pattern in this thread. You'll see that I simply offered you my perspective, and leave it to you to either take or leave it.
As I said 4 days ago:

"If I am wrong, it won't do you harm, if I am right, it will keep evil at bay."

Notice that the sentence starts with an "IF", which suggests that it is conditional: i.e. Not 100% set in stone.

And of course, there is again the constant lecturing about "respecting others' beliefs", while having to listen to how mine are "balderdash".
If I were to look up in the dictionary, "hypocrisy" would come up to be an apt descriptor of such behaviour.

Here was that post, which merited the support of others (the usual suspects):

"Integrist - Bias against which religion? Just be respectful towards other members' religious beliefs!

I do not believe for a moment that the three knocks have anything whatsoever to do with religion. Demonic, mocking the Holy Trinity? What total balderdash Serious "

So, I do apologise that the constant hypocritical preaching of others seems to be derailing your thread: I have made it a point not to engage them, so as not to be at fault to entertain such nonsense.

--

But to go back to your story:

I have advised before to best leave such things be, and you said that you just act normal when they happen, which - I hope - suggests that you do not try to engage these happenings, but simply ignore them.
The problem with engaging them or thinking that these are being caused by benign spirits - related to you or otherwise - is that you cannot know.
History shows examples of actual demons pretending to be people's loved-ones. Equipped with knowledge that supposedly on the deceased and the living know (like shared secrets) -, they then make their moves into someone's life.
So, let's assume you shared a secret with someone who died. Living people would not know unless they were told. However, a demon cannot be locked out of a room as physical walls won't stop them. So if then you receive contact from some spirit reminding you of said secret to "prove" that it is the deceased person. How are you to know for certain that such is the case? What if you are wrong?

If it's a deceased person, why are they hanging around and making creepy noises?
Whatever happened to "may they rest in peace"?
Or, if one is to believe that souls remain in our world, moving about to haunt us, then whence do they come?
Even from the Buddhist tradition, souls only remain locked somewhere if they have been particularly evil, and this is meant as a punishment for them. Prayers, and sacrifices on part of the living on behalf of the deceased are meant to help. But I am unaware of any major religion teaching that "good people" who died remain in this world to make strange noises for no apparent reason.

In my case, a soul may get into contact with the living to convey a message or to request the prayers of the living. Neither of which is permanent, but both are temporary, because human souls are not destined to haunt this world: this world is not our final destination.

Now, without the certainty that whatever is haunting your place -if it indeed be a haunting - is benign, why would you risk potentially opening yourself up to evil, whose magnitude you cannot even imagine?

This is why I said such curiosity is pointless.
And as another user tried to lecture me about this being a place of trying to "study" and "figure things out", whilst saying that "everything is speculation", to that I say: we will all find out once we die. So why the rush?

And indeed, if it is "all speculative", and there is sufficient evidence of evil trying to gain access into our world, then why risk it?
Such undertaking is both unnecessary and potentially dangerous. So again: why risk it?

It seems to be an issue of common sense not being so common in some places.

Apologies for the long post. As always: I submit these thoughts for your deliberation, which you can take or reject. It's not my duty to convince.:)

Take care,
Integrist
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-21)
Rook - Thanks!

I don't believe for a moment that you know that song, you would have been far too young 😆 but then again you're full of surprises! You googled it, didn't you?!

Regards, Melda
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-21)
Tony Orlando and Dawn

LALALALALALALALLALAALA 50

Respectfully,

Rook
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-21)
Okay here I go again! I honestly don't expect many people to remember this song. It was popular when I was in my teens (too long ago to remember!)

"Knock three times on the ceiling if you want me, twice on the pipe if the answer is no..." I don't remember the group who sang that song but I remember a few of the words 😆

Regards, Melda
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-05-20)
Integrist

If I may

You will have to count me among those who think that 3 knocks means 1 thing. 3 knocks
When I knock on someone's door it so happens that I knock 3 times and I assure you I am in no way aligned with the Dark One

Do you feel that evil is stronger than good
Do you think that evil is strong enough to come through yet good isn't. Why the assumption that if a communication from the other side happens it must be bad. I don't claim to know the Bible as well as you but I do seem to remember there were many communications from the good side.

I have been around a while and know there are people of faith on this site. But this is where you differ and think this is why you have gotten the reception you have and thus feel there is a bias
Toward religion. While the other members of faith are tolerant of other viewpoints you don't seem to be. You come in like we all are ignorant and you are going to save us all with your knowledge and faith. Imagine if I came into your church and started a lecture about how it's obvious the world is older than 6,000 years and anyone who thought different was uneducated. Your congregation probably wouldn't like it and I would get a cold reception

I personally don't care to be around drunks
Thus I don't go to bars. I don't expect to go to a bar and have the drunks change to suite my taste

Although as I stated there are people of faith here and that's fine. They are tolerant people of faith who don't pretend to have all the answers
Still this site is about the paranormal and a lot of religious people I know want nothing to do with that
So I'm not sure why you come to a site which you should know ahead of time is going to have a lot of opinions and discussions about things you strongly disagree with. If you feel biased against why continue?
In spite of what it sounds like I'm not trying to make you feel unwelcome. I just really don't understand your reasoning.

Regards
Randy
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-20)
Integrist,

You stated this...

"You'll forgive me if I don't answer your queries, because there is is an obvious - though denied - bias against religion on here (see ratings)."

There is NOT a bias against Religion, unless an individual is using 'said' Religious Beliefs to make statements of ABSOULUTE FACT rather than offering them as 'Their Opinion'.

Your OPINION is more than welcome but please remember that's what it is YOUR OPINION, which is one among many.

As you said here...

"My comments were for Juli."

That's wonderful, that's great but are you ABSOLUTLY SURE..."the info is based on experience longer than what your local "experts" with their speculations have."

I personally have 38 years of experience, I am fairly religious and try to keep my mind open for 'alternate explinations'...Here is a questions for you...

The 'experience' you refer to... Member (s) of your Chosen Faith? Or simply your own Faith Based OPINION?

Respectfully,

Rook
Juli (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-18)
Hi Integrist,

The knocks were done quite hurriedly just as any normal person would knock on someone's door. One knock after the other.

I don't leave the house often so things usually happen just in the house, it's rare that things happen outside of it but it does happen sometimes.

The other things that happen in the house apart from the scratching are the wooden planks under the bed shaking but when we go into the room it's happening in it will stop as if nothing happened. I was once sitting on my bed when something underneath it pushed me up as if someone kicked me from underneath the bed, I first thought it might have been my dog hiding under it but he's just a small dog and the kick seemed like it was done with a lot of force, when I checked I found nothing under the bed. I've had some things in my room being moved, just random little things but that doesn't happen very often. I would also see some doors opening slowly by themselves when I know I shut the door properly and the only way to open it is by turning the handle, the handles seem to be working perfectly fine so there is nothing wrong with the doors and I never see them turning when the doors open. These things don't happen much now.
There are a few nights I would be fine and suddenly I would feel as if someone is watching me and the feeling would last about half an hour usually and then go away, my mother would also feel this sometimes. We would both feel as if there is someone else in the house and this feeling comes anytime throughout the day but I would get a stronger feeling of this at night. Again these feelings do happen a bit more often than the other things but it's not like we get this feeling everyday, it would happen randomly.

I can't think of anything that could have caused the knocking, I think this is one of the reasons why I found it to be scarier. I never expected any of that to happen so it came as a real shock. Nothing apart from the knocking seemed off about that day, it was the same as usual just like any other day.

One of my sisters also heard whispering from one of the rooms but I haven't asked her what exactly she heard. As for me it sounded like a group of young women and a man, I wasn't able to understand anything that was said, it was like everyone was talking over each other and some laughing like a friendly conversation. At first I thought it was my sisters watching a video or something but no one was in the room and it stopped when I went to check.

There are no marks left from the scratching

My mother and I both think that when we get the feeling of someone watching us it could be one of her parents. I was the only child that spent the most time with my grandparents when I was younger because my sisters weren't born yet and I was very close with them. My mother was my grandmothers youngest child and also spent the most time with her, she was my grandmothers closest daughter and they both had more of a bond than her other children. We didn't see them much when we moved country. We're still unsure of this but none of us think it's trying to hurt us.
As for the rest of the happenings I still have no idea what it could be, it might be a loved-one but either way I'm not really scared of those things that happen because it doesn't seem like it wants to do any harm so I act normal towards the things that happen.
Integrist (83 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-18)
Hello again Juli,

Just a few more questions if that's okay with you?

1) How were the knocks done? Hurriedly or not? Were they spaced evenly between each other?

2) Could you elaborate some more on the other inexplicable happenings in your house? And do they only happen within the house?

3) Did the knocking just randomly start? Anything you think that may have caused them?

4) You mentioned whispering in your sister's room as well. Were you able to understand any of it or at least get an idea of who may be whispering (male, female, old, young)?

5) Did the scratching leave any visible marks?

6) What is your overall perception of these happenings? Would you go with the implied idea by most that it could be some loved-one trying to establish comforting contact? Or are you instead more spooked by these things?

Apologies if these are too many questions. I just noticed that some interesting details in your story seem to have been overlooked.

Best regards,
Integrist
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-18)
Integrist - Bias against which religion? Just be respectful towards other members' religious beliefs!

I do not believe for a moment that the three knocks have anything whatsoever to do with religion. Demonic, mocking the Holy Trinity? What total balderdash 😐

Regards, Melda
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-18)
Very well said, Mack. I don't have anything else to say except nonsense to fill the character requirement.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+6
7 years ago (2017-05-18)
Hi Integrist

Your comments may well be aimed at the OP but they are also in an online public forum. You must expect reactions, opinions and responses from other members.

But surely you are also speculating, just as everyone else is, as well as to exactly what these knocks are?

I respectfully wonder; is this the right website / forum for you?

To me, this site serves a brilliant platform for those who are seeking to better understand the mysteries of the spiritual side of our natures.

To suggest that this kind of apparent paranormal event "shouldn't be happening and nor should be welcomed " in my opinion, appears to be at complete odds with what this website "Your Ghost Stories" was created for.

From my observations here, people generally WANT to understand what they have experienced and gain more knowledge.

And my last point I would like to make is from my observations on this site is that comments are voted down regardless of any perceived religious context or not.

Regards

Mack

This comment from Integrist is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-17)
Integrist - your comments interest me. On the one hand you appear to be very much into your personal religious beliefs (I translated your profile) and therefore, I can assume, spirituality. All power to you Sir. Yet you appear to be very sure that these "knocks" are of a source that is somehow "evil"?

As Valkicry pointed out, communication from "the other side" is not necessarily "evil" or "dangerous", or something to be feared, but can often assist loved ones in times of need. In my opinion, and experience, when our loved ones "pass over", they still love us, often remain in our vicinity and want to care for us (as they did when they were "alive".)

In regard to the three knocks mocking the Holy Trinity, that, in my humble opinion, is a very tenuous link. I can't see how a knocking sound could cause any offence, or damage to any ones belief system. Knocking and rapping sounds are common in hauntings and are well documented. To me, this case appears to be a communication of sorts, but for what purpose, we can only speculate.

Regards

Mack
Integrist (83 posts)
-4
7 years ago (2017-05-17)
Hi Juli,

Thank you for your response.
It's good to know no one in your family is dabbling in the Occult. These things can have various sources (from self-inflicted, to caused by another person, etc.).
I've heard stories of the relevance of the number of 3 from people I trust before: and it never meant anything well when connected to the preternatural.
Whatever is making itself heard, it is best not to engage it.
My advise is to really get a blessed sacramental. If I am wrong, it won't do you harm, if I am right, it will keep evil at bay.

Such things shouldn't be happening, nor should they be welcomed.
And we should not let them incite our curiosity: best to keep doors closed, especially if you do not know what is on the other side (and without guarantee that you can close it easily again).

Best regards,
Integrist
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-17)
Juli,
I wouldn't worry much over the knocks you heard, although it does seem quite odd. To me it sounds like someone trying to get your attention. My aunt had a 'knocker' who would sound off to alert them of trouble. I recall once was a fire, that had started when all were asleep, and another time some ya-hoos were trying to steal one of their cars, but that doesn't seem to be your case.
Juli (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-17)
Hi Integrist, none of my family has been dealing with the occult. I do know that my dad's mother does believe in witchcraft but I'm not sure if she still participates in those things anymore. She hates my family and my dad, she isn't the best person to be around and very few people like her but she lives in another country and I haven't heard of her doing anything related to witchcraft in years.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-17)
I must agree with Miracles.

3 is a good combination to ask for validation knocks/noises as 1 or 2 could be 'debunked' as the wind or other things. 3 is a wee bit more convincing.

Unless of course you use/ask for

'Shave and a haircut...'

And wait to hear 2 'knocks' to complete the 'tune'.

(Come on how may of you finished it in your head?)

It's very easy to say that 3 'mocks' the Trinity, I however have yet to see 'solid' proof that it does... And that's My Opinion...

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+6
7 years ago (2017-05-17)
Juli - recently some friends and I were discussing three knocks. As you've read from our members, there are many things people believe three knocks represent. One of the most often is the mocking of the trinity, as Integrist shared.

I realized, when my friends and I were discussing this, that I knock three times except when my son and I play Knock Knock "Penny, Penny" (might have to be a Big Bang Theory fan to get that LOL). My knocking three times doesn't mean anything except two doesn't seem to be enough to catch someone's attention and four is borderline annoying LOL

Anyway, I don't place importance on the number of knocks but I do pay attention when the knocking is repeated like in your experience. I agree with those who suggested it may have been someone trying to get your attention.

Thanks for sharing 😊

This comment from Integrist is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Juli (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-17)
Hi Julie_W696, thanks for pointing that out, I know it's 12am but I guess I didn't double check it and realised the mistake after submitting it.

Hi rookdygin, they all happened the same day and I wasn't doing much when I heard the knocks on the window and back door I was just tidying up a bit and on my phone so the morning wasn't very stressful but I get your point and how stress can play a part in this
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-17)
Here is a possibility...

Stress induced Poltergeist activity...

Packing for a trip CAN prove to be a pretty stressful situation, add this to the fact that you have one sister who is 15 and another that is 13. You also mention an argument between your parents about the same time that SOME of these knocks occurred.

I AM NOT saying that's what happened here, but it is a possibility. Moreso, if it was stress related... What was happening when you heard the knocks on the Front window and the rear (back door) earlier that day (this all happened on the same day correct)?

Respectfully,

Rook
Julie_W696 (11 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-16)
Juli,

I thought this was easy enough to understand. One correction though: midnight is 12am, not 12pm.

(Please note, this is the second mention of 12pm: "My parents got into a little argument at around 12pm, everyone was still awake getting things ready...").
Juli (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-13)
Hi shelbyloree

That's really interesting and creepy, I'll try and read the book, thanks
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-13)
I remember in Whitley Streiber's book Communion he had problems with knocks on the side of his house, I think something kept banging on the walls by the roof. I just remember he wrote about sitting in the living room and looking at the wall while they were banging. The cats were watching too. Never less than three, or more than nine. I guess he thought it was the aliens knocking, since he was in his mountain cabin, but who knows?
Juli (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-10)
Hi babygoatpuller and xlauraloux

Thank you and that's a very good point, I think ignoring it is for the best.

I didn't talk to my grandparents much but I guess you could say I was close with them, other than them myself and my family are not close to anyone

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: