You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Permanent Residents

Real Ghost Stories

Permanent Residents

 

My husband inherited the house we live in, his great-grandfather built it himself and is over one hundred years old. There have been lots of deaths in this house, from suicides to murders and natural causes.

One in particular was my husbands older brother who died at the age of 3. Visitors have reported seeing a lil boy peeking into doorways and I have personally felt like a child was running by me. Also dogs refuse to come inside. Another brother shot himself in our bathroom and an infinite sadness is felt there.

The grandfather died in the living room in 1971, he was a very cruel man, he scares me... I feel like I'm being watched. My husband has seen him sitting in a chair while watching tv.

The grandma died in 1972 and spoke only Spanish so when my middle daughter was in kindergarten she'd fall asleep in class, when asked why she was so tired she said that an elderly woman would speak in Spanish to her at night. I think it's her because when I have been stressed or sad I can feel a comforting touch like a grandma would.

Another one of his departed relatives a cousin I think who was a party boy died of alcohol poisoning and on summer nights clinking bottles and glasses can be heard. He doesn't scare us, sounds like he is still having fun.

My daughter and brother-in -law passed away 3 years ago a month apart, recently my 4 year old grandson told me he saw "2 Alex" now my son is the spitting image of his uncle... When I asked him to show us he pointed out my son who was outside then took us to a bedroom and pointed at the bed.

The scariest event happened at a theater in another city. It was in October and I bought tickets to a psychic's show, during the meet and greet he pulls me to him and whispers in my ear that all our problems stem from Greenleaf Cemetery... That's where the grandparents are buried...terrifying!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lucygarcia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-11)
Greetings, Lucy

I can't find "Greenleaf Cemetery" in Connecticut, but I have located Greenwood Cemetery in Avon. (Interesting aside: While the cemetery is there on Lovely Street, it isn't listed on the Wikipedia entry for "Greenwood Cemetery.")

Did the psychic give you any advice on how to deal with the haunting phenomena? Did he mean that the spirits were coming to your house from the cemetery, then returning, or that the bodies were in the cemetery, but the spirits were not?

Of all the incidents you have listed, only your husband's grandfather seems to be a problem for you (Ok; the sadness in the bathroom would be difficult to live with, too). You state that, "he was a very cruel man, he scares me... I feel like I'm being watched. My husband has seen him sitting in a chair while watching tv." Your husband's visual witness lends credence to your fears, but --more importantly-- it identifies the individual you wish to remove from the home.

Please visit consider Rook's cleansing method for clearing your home of unpleasant entities, while leaving the positive, friendly, and harmless entities to visit as they please. I've pasted it to the end of this response. Note that this is a 3-day ritual, designed to be compatible with any religious practice (or lack thereof); the requirement of opening windows is easiest to perform in the summer!

Best,
Biblio.

______________________________
Rook's House Cleansing, taken from yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155:

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-04)
Lucy, that's a lot to deal with. I can tell by your writing that you are a woman who can handle it.

Thanks for posting. The last part is unnerving!

Welcome to WGS.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: