You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirits And An Unknown Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits And An Unknown Entity

 

I'm going to start off by stating that I'm a little bit of a skeptic when it comes to the paranormal. With that said, I still try to keep an open mind. This is something that mostly happened to my younger sister and my father, and I'm not sure what to make of it. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

I live in a small town in the south of Arizona, right next to Tombstone. We moved here when I was in middle school, now I'm a freshmen in college. So roughly, I've lived here for about seven years. Six years ago, my family bought a plot of land and we had a construction company build our house from the ground up. Each detail of my house was hand picked by my mother. We've lived in the house for a total of five years.

Everything was perfect at first, there was nothing out of the ordinary. However, about one year in, I noticed that my father was having sleep related issues. It seemed like nothing at first, I figured it was work related. As time went on, it was becoming a problem. My dad would purposefully stay up at night, almost as if he was avoiding sleep. He started making weird requests like asking me to close the bathroom and closet door whenever I was in their room.

This went on for a couple months. Finally, one day when he picked me up from school, I asked him why he was acting so strange. He told me something that scarred the heck out my 13 year old mind.

He told me that he was having these "experiences" where he would wake up in the middle of the night and see three figures standing still at different corners of the room. At first, I thought he was experiencing sleep paralysis; until he described the figures in chilling detail.

The first of the figures was a tall man, he described him as wearing a 19th century suit and hat. The man was pale and had dark hair with a beard.

The second figure was a native american woman with long dark braids. He said that she looked older, and described her as being sad.

Finally, and probably one of the more 'active' figures, was a little boy with blond hair. He wore 19th century children's clothing and probably tormented my father the most. All three had dark or hollow eyes (dad wasn't clear). My father was dead serious when he spoke of these three figures so I knew this wasn't a joke to him. He mentioned little about the boy, which really unsettled me.

My dad told me that the tall man and native woman didn't really do much besides watch him; as for the boy, my father said he 'liked' the bathroom. However, when the bathroom door was open, the boy (without fail) would appear right next to my father when he woke up in the night. It really terrified him, so he always made sure to close that door. If he didn't, he wouldn't get any sleep. The entities did not really do much aside from stare and occasionally come closer (he described waving them away at times).

There was one incident though, where the boy did something that my father (and I for that matter) won't forget. Over the course of my father seeing these figures, there was one night that legitimately freaked him out. One time, he awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of banging. It was coming from the bathroom door. He said he could hear the sound of a child grunting. Almost as if whatever was on the other side was trying to get out. The next day we burned sage and incense all around the house.

After that, nothing happened, the entities went away and my dad was able to get some rest. My mother and I didn't experience anything at all, but my younger sister did. For the sake of privacy I'll call her 'Zelda'. During the course of my dad's experience Zelda had just gotten her own room (we used to share one) and she was unsurprisingly excited. She only spent a couple of nights in her room when she approached me and asked to stay in mine. I wasn't surprised because Zelda was pretty young at the time (10).

Our rooms are located right next to each other; there is a single wall that our rooms share that happens to have my bed up against it.

Now here is where my open mind comes into play. I believe there is something in her room, unrelated to the three entities mentioned before. Whatever it is, its very active and I'm not sure if it's good. Sometimes during the night, we can hear a rapping sound on the other side of the wall when no one is in there. I should again mention, that this is a new house so it doesn't make 'settling noises'. Her room is the coldest and the darkest in the house. I've never really felt comfortable in her room for more than a couple hours.

A lot of strange things happen with that room. Lamps will turn off, as well as her TV out of nowhere. Her door locks randomly, and the closet door will be open a crack when I'm sure I just closed it.

There was one night when I woke up to the sound of Zelda screaming and crying. My mother rushed in to find Zelda hiding under the covers with one ear bleeding. It was probably the most terrified I have ever seen her. She out-right refused to tell me what happened the next day until I pushed her excessively, here's what she told me:

That night, she had awoken at (lucky guess) the middle of the night; specifically around 3am. There was a tall inhuman figure standing in front of her closet. It had long unnatural arm and no eyes. She froze. With each blink it got closer, like a horror movie. Until it was inches away from her face; she couldn't breathe, like something was holding her down. But that is not the scary part. This creature then unhinged its jaw and stretched it to horrible proportions. Then is screamed so loud that it hurt her ears; she then started to scream and we shortly ran in. It was just gone. This happened within a year ago, so fairly recent.

She stayed in my room since then, we are now renovating her room and she'll have to go back soon. I know she's anxious about it but we've taken measures to make her more comfortable. She is allowed to burn incense in her room and has a shrine to Buddha. So far nothing like that has happened since, but I still get the creeps when I'm in her room at night.

I'm not sure what is going on anymore, therefore, I would really appreciate any help from someone dealing with something similar. I just want some closure on this.

Thanks for listening, please comment below on similar experiences or some much needed advice.

-ThatQueenB

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thatqueenb, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-24)
Maybe your sister should share your room and your parents make her room into a study to be used during the day, or just a storeroom instead?

Regarding the layout of your sister's room, if it was darker, it could mean that the lighting and ventilation wasn't ideal. This may cause ill health and other problems from bad sleep patterns or lack of sleep. Hopefully the renovations your folks had done will have fixed that aspect of it though.

Does your sister follow the Buddhist faith, hence the shrine and incense? If so, perhaps your parents could make offerings at a temple on her behalf and ask for a purification ritual. Or maybe have a priest come over to bless your house and recite a few prayers, sutras or something? It may also provide some measure of comfort for your father and prevent any future trouble.
MysteryResearch (23 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-23)
Hi thatqueenb, thanks for sharing your story. I think it leaves one with several questions to think about. Why does your sister have to go back to her old room? If she is uncomfortable there, is there somewhere else she could stay? Could you trade rooms? You mentioned your sister's ear was bleeding - did she have a bad ear infection? Has that been taken care of? Could she have had a hallucination due to an ear infection and/or medicine being taken for one? I'm wondering whether a combination of antibiotics and pain medication could have caused some temporary delirium. Finally, you made a point of mentioning that your mom designed the house. Why was this one room darker and not as nice as the others? Is it in the design and layout of the room itself, or something else? Have you tried getting an EMF reading? You mentioned her room was being renovated - maybe this would be an opportunity to check the wiring and be sure it is not faulty and causing higher than normal EMF.

Take care, and good for you, for looking out for your sister,
MysteryResearch
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-16)
Eden14: uh?... There's no mention about the height of the ceiling of the house in this story so, in my opinion, your advice might be pointless. Besides, where did you get information about these'facts'? 🤔
Eden14 (14 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-09-16)
Ceilings above 8 ft in height attract spirits. Therefore, have some prayers hung on the walls.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-12)
I would definitely do some research on the land and surrounding area - Tombstone has had a very rough past so there is sure to be something. The trio your father saw could have been a family but research is the only way to possibly find out. Could be that, given the area's dramatic and violent past, the land has become charged with so much energy that it opened up a portal or simply attracts entities to it - that could explain not only the trio but also the entity your sister experienced.

In terms of your sister's experience, Anne's suggestion could well be right and it could also simultaneously be paranormal. I have a theory that some entities are able to manifest based on what's already floating around in your head - some grieving parent will see their child or a kid will see a horrible monster- from the scenarios that I have read where this seems to me to be the case... The entities involved aren't always good.

Keep up with the sage - it seems to be working but repetition is repetition is good. Maybe give a cleansing a go - making sure you pick the method that is the most meaningful to you - the more you believe in it, the more powerful and effective it will be.

Your sister's shrine sounds like a great idea- fill the space with things she believes in and things that make her feel confident and happy from family pictures of happy times, mementos of personal triumphs (school plays, sports games, science fairs etc), religious items that are meaningful to her and anything else that's really meaningful to her (even if it seems silly) - it will help her feel confident in herself which will help her shield herself.
Ann4shadow (1 stories) (36 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-09-11)
Greetings thatqueenb,

I read your story and if I understand it the house your family built is the same house built new on the plot of land...

Have you had a chance to read up on the plot of land your house was built upon? I've read several stories and books where they talk about the land itself being the source of the trouble.

The people your father saw could be from the land... But the thing that screamed in your sister's face almost sounds like maybe she saw this creature on television, movie or something. A bad nightmare perhaps?

After ruling those things out... I am sure I would be severely freaked out if I were anyone in your family.

I have a question. In your sister's room, why a shrine to Buddha? Just wondering.

I hope nothing else happens to you or your family. There are several authors on YGS that can give you some real advice. I just want you to know there are people out there who care.

Be Well,
Ann
😊
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-10)
Hi thatqueenb, those experiences sound terrible. Am I right to assume this doesn't happen at your new home? What was your mom's take on the experiences?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: