You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My New House

Real Ghost Stories

My New House

 

We moved into a new house the summer before my freshman year of high school, I am now a freshman in college. Friends of mine had moved into my old house and before they moved out we were told that a few weird things had happened to them in that house also. Nothing scary just weird, things that they can't explain.

I believe that in my new house we have a cowboy like man who walks from the side door of my house around the corner and down the hall to my bedroom door and just stands there. On many different occasions we have seen him, if you sit on the couch every now and then you can catch a glimpse of him walking by. He isn't scary, just a shadow. He has never done anything to anyone and I don't believe that he is there all the time. Sometimes you can see his shadow and other times you can't. I wonder if he is there because of something that has happen to him in the past.

I also believe we have a young lady who has long beautiful wavy hair, she's tall, and very thin. I've only encountered her on two occasions, once when I was entering the house. I had many packages in my hand and I was turning off the alarm system and I looked up and she was just standing there in the dining room. Once family stopped by to visit and we they were standing outside, I wasn't there, saying their goodbyes and my Porge ran back inside to use the restroom, they had a long journey home in front of them. When she came outside she went up to my mom and asked her if she has ever had an experience inside the house and my mom's response was "No, but Enjolee has had many. She then continues to tell my mom that we have ghosts in our house, she either felt the ladies presence of saw her. I'm not to sure. After that night my mom became a true believer.

I also believe we have a spirit who likes to inject fear into us. I feel as if I'm always being watched. I consistently look over my shoulder. I feel like I can never get any peace. I hate being home alone and I'm 18 years old. I use to love being home alone, but I will not do it anymore.

There have been many instances that occur in my room. I have turned off my closet light and I get in bed all nice and comfy and turn off the lamp next to my bed and I do so, then look up and my closet light is on again. So I repeat the same steps until the light stays off.

There has been many times when someone or something has played with my hair at night, which puts me to sleep, odd I know but it works. There was this one time where I was in my room on the computer with my back to my HUGE window and all of a sudden I hear a loud BOOM and my whole room shacks. My window is about 7 feet off the ground. There is NO way that any person could have hit my window with that much force and moved anything they used before I ran outside to see. That was the first thing I did. I ran out of my room and ran outside to see what could have done that. There was nothing, just like I figured but I was terrified! I tried to explain everything to my mom but she couldn't understand.

The most terrifying incident that has ever happen to me was when the cross over my door in my bedroom went missing. It was taken off the wall and we couldn't account for it. Then the next day it was back on the wall again, just like it had never went missing. I am a freak about those things. They're has to be a cross above my door. It makes me feel safe, it also has to be blessed by a priest and have holy water on it.

One more thing. There is this unexplainable knocking noise. We hear it only in the living room and it sounds like it's either coming from the front porch or the attic. We had a swing on the front porch but it has been moved because of this noise because we thought that was what it was, but it isn't. After we removed the swing we still heard it, so we had people check the attic. Again, the answer was disturbing, there is NOTHING up there that can make the knocking noise. We have had this problem checked over and over again. Also we have a few leaks in the ceilings one over the toilet in the bathroom that just popped up one day and one over the fire place. We have also had these checked and there is nothing to indicate where it's coming from or why the leaking is happening. I'm not sure if our leaking problem is because of something supernatural but it's starting to make me wonder.

Everything that goes on in my house is something that I have learned to cope with. I have also learned to take it day by day and not to under estimate the power of the supernatural. Friends of mine are scared to be left in the house alone or to be in certain rooms alone. Only one friend of mine can account for most of the things that have happened. She has witnessed some of the doings herself.

I'm sorry this is so long. I hope you enjoyed. Please let me know if you have anything that you can offer. Thank you so much!

Other hauntings by enjolee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, enjolee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LilSistagurl (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
14 andIMMA FRESHMAN! So me and my mom just moved in my old grandpaw's house who passed away last year, its hard because I can feel him around in the house
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
Interesting bit about the water, Enjolee, is that in many cultures, predominantly Asian, water is sometimes a "breeding ground" for spirits. I haven't heard about that in Western culture, but supposedly too much water around a house in China will attract evil spirits for some reason. Possible that ghosts aren't cultural-specific.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
Wow, it certainly sounds as if you have a VERY active home!

I agree, it does appear there are many different paranormal activities occuring at one time.

I would be very dismayed in regards to the cross missing! After being blessed? Very strange indeed.

After that incident, I believe that maybe one could take to wearing a cross? I would definitely step up the prayer as there is obviously some conflict occuring.

Keep us posted, I look forward to hearing more regarding all of this activity 😁

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
I have to go with Whitebuffalo. I think this is a residual haunting it is pretty scary. There are a lot of spirits in your house. I would be freaked if I saw a laddy ghost in the living room. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Excuse me enjolee.

Hi Bellissima. Ahhhhh... I see what you mean. Thanks for explaining what you meant exactly. My brain is not all here the past few days because of a BAD sinus infection that I'm on antibiotics for. =(

I am going to have to go with buffy(THE WB- whitebuffalo), on this one. Her explaination sounds correct.

~Shelby
❤ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Enjolee, you seem to have a variety of activity going on in your house. The only thing that has me puzzled in the incident with the cross. With it being blessed and with holy water added to it, an evil spirit couldn`t take it and why would a good spirit bother with it? Could a member of your family have taken it, to either mess with you or try to prove to you that you didn`t need it, and when they seen how it affected you, replaced it? I`m not saying that I don`t believe you, I do. I am just trying to wrap my mind around this because it puzzles me. I will have to think on this for a while. Take care.

FRAWIN ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hi. I think you have more than one thing going on here. I think there is a strong possibility of a residual haunting, but then it almost feels as if you have an intelligent haunting going on as well.
What is easy to forget is that when people pass on they go through a wide range of emotions, just as the living do. I can easily imagine if someone were killed, for instance, that they may be feeling betrayed and self protective. Likewise, someone who may have died in a fire could feel frightened and in pain. I believe this is where the feelings of negativity and peace comes from when we are faced with a ghost in our living spaces.
You will hear this a lot. Try not to show your fear to the entity that seems to call out for it. Some ghosties thrive on fear, that keeps them coming back for more. Shane has an article on here about smudging that I think you should look into. Also burn lavender incense and keep your fear in check!

I have a suggestion for you. You may think it is the wildest thing you have ever heard, but give it a chance, will you? Your Grandmother is still with you and your Mother. Ask for her help. Tell her that there is something in the home which frightens you and you would like it gone. While Grandma was alive, she protected you both on countless occasions, perhaps she can help you from the Other Side in much the same way.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hi Mustang. What I meant was if the man and woman she has seen are NOT residual then maybe they are fooling around with her. I also said if they ARE residual then all they would do is replay the same actions and nothing to worry about. If she feels there is another entity that tries to scare her (which would then be a third), it is possible that might be the one who is angry and moving the items and banging. So if the man and woman ARE residual they would not be capable of moving the items. That's what I was trying to get across.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
I'm with the rest it sounds like a residual haunting and I would do some research on the propertty, that might answer a lot of questions for you. I have seen hauntings where things dissapear and then they are back where the originaly were.
do some research on the history of the house and/or property and keep us posted.
good luck
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hello Bellissima. Would a residual haunting be able to take crosses and put them back in their place? Just curious because I don't think so! Although, it does sound plausable! 😕~Shelby ❤ 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hi Enjolee. It sounds like your cowboy might be a residual haunting since you seem to indicate seeing him doing the same things again and again. Maybe the lady with the wavy hair is residual as well. Have you seen her anywhere besides the dining room? If they are residual they will just be there, sort of re-enacting a part of what they have done in the past, like a little film clip. If this is the case then I'm not sure if you can do anything about it. If they are moving about and possibly doing the knocking, they are hanging around your house, keeping you company and maybe fooling around with you a bit. They might be around you because they feel you are more receptive. You could try to find the history of your house and/or property and that may give you some insight as to why the spirits are there. You say you think you have a separate spirit that makes you uneasy, this may be the one that's banging and taking your cross. Maybe this was an angry person in life or maybe angry at not having passed in peace. I think you could try simply asking the spirit/s to pass on, tell them they frighten you and you want them to leave. Let them know it's okay. They need to move on and loved ones are waiting for them. Thanks you for sharing your story, I enjoyed it.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
I can only say that it obviously sounds like the land/property is haunted. You should really check the history of the property to see what was there or what happened there. The spirits or ghosts do not sound harmful. That's a good thing! Check the history and keep us updated! ~Shelby ❤ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: