You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Aunt

Real Ghost Stories

My Aunt

 

About 5 years ago my aunt moved in with me and my family because she was really sick and her kids lived out of state. I was always real close with my aunt and looked forward to her living with us. I was closer to her than I was with my mom.

Anyway, she stayed with us for about 5 months, then decided to move out west so she could be closer to her kids. After about 2 months of her moving out west, her daughter called me and told me my aunt was in the hospital and the doctors didn't think she was going to make it. I was upset, but I was also thankful that I had a chance to become even more close to her in the 5 months that she stayed with us. A week later I was laying on the couch half awake and half asleep when I had a dream that my aunt was skipping down my driveway telling me good bye and that she would be back. She was real adamant about the fact that she'd be back. She climbed into her SUV and drove off. Just as she was driving off in my dream, the phone rang and woke me up. It was my mother telling me my aunt just died. I knew that's what she was going to say even before she got the words out.

What was weird about the dream is my aunt looked healthy. She actually had some weight on. She was always skin and bones because she was so sick and the fact that she was skipping. My aunt could barely walk let alone skip. Plus she didn't own a car because she was always too weak to drive. I like to believe she came to tell me good bye in my dreams, but as far as her coming back, I kind of wish she would. I say I 'kind of' wish she would because I've never seen a ghost and know for a fact that I would go insane if I did.

Well, I'm curious as to what everyone thinks and if anyone agrees that she came to me in my sleep to tell me good bye. Thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

AngelusExMortis (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
That's amazing! Maybe she did indeed come to let you know that she is going to be watching over you? ❤ 😊
melicious (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-15)
Im sure that's what it is. I ve heard of many many situations like that. I had one myself. 😊
Thedreamer (1 stories) (34 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
awww! I'm happy she said goodbye to you. Now you know that she is happy where she is.

❤ Selinda ❤
gbs1x (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
I agree with victor, my wife who passed away 9 years ago has never appeared to me or given me any signs, but I do dream of her often. Sometimes I can't remember what the dream was about but I know she was in it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
Mark and KimSouthO have good information for you. The dream interpretation seems to be pretty real, I'm not sure of the reincarnation part, but that's because I'm not sure if I believe in reincarnation. But I believe that the reason she was skipping down your driveway to an SUV is because she now has a healthy body. I guess body is the wrong word, but you get my drift. In the passing over process I believe that you gain a perfect self. No more aches and pains, no cancer, no life threatening symptoms, no earthly ill can come to you after you pass OVER. Anyway, that is just one persons thoughts on this. Thank you for the story.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
I believe that her 'skipping' down the drive telling you she would be back, she IS healthy and happy, now. She has crossed over and is at peace! She wanted you to know that she would be all right, she was a peace and she would be looking in on you from time to time!

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Hi I wouldn't let your mum see what you have wrote because she would be upset you saying that you and your aunt were closer. That dream you had most people have before someone dies or something happens. It has happened to me my dreams come true the bad ones. I have wrote a story on it actually on the psychic experience website. I think maybe your Aunt was saying good bye to you. She contacted you in your sleep. I get contacted my strangers I don't know. I saw 2 out of my dreams in real life they were ghosts. I would say I dream of dead people. Anyway I enjoyed reading your story. These dreams are interesting cause I go through them all the time. Thanks for sharing your story with us. 😊
isis_ankh (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-13)
yes that was definantly your aunts way of saying good by and that she is still near ...its wierd everytime I hear a ghost story that's real I get a weird chill through ma body :p
Mark (guest)
+1
18 years ago (2006-10-01)
There can be no doubt, it was her saying goodbye. But, since it was in a dream, let's break it down like a dream to understand the message that came with her goodbye:

1)SETTING. Your driveway, a place of comings and goings. Possibly a subconscious nudge about the authenticity of the communication using the driveway as a metaphor. (The subconscious always speaks to us in metaphors.)

2)MOVEMENT. She's skipping. A lighthearted, joyous movement showing vibrancy, health and well-being. It takes a certain amount of coordination and elation to do that.... It's your mind letting you know that she's feeling much better and happier now. (But, I do want you to keep in mind that skipping is something that usually only little children do....)

3)ACTION & EVENTS. She comes to you to say goodbye and let you know that she'll be back. Not much interpretation needed here, this is what your soul already knows.

4) CHARACTERS. Oddly, there's three: you, her, and the SUV. I don't know your attitude about SUVs, but most folks consider them to be pretty robust and powerful, the epitome of the automobile. Well... that's the new her. "The ghost in the machine" as the Greeks used to say. She is coming back -- but not as a ghost -- she'll be reincarnated in a new body, but this time one that's strong and healthy, physically powerful and capable, and it sounds like she's looking forward to it. (Remember that skipping I asked you to keep in mind?)

Perhaps you will cross paths some day, perhaps when she's a child, or later when she's all grown-up again. I suspect your souls will recognize each other that day and you'll connect in the simple magic of an easy-going freindship. (And don't be suprised if she's a guy this time, that happens. The color of the SUV is the most likely clue for this: darker colors would indicate a masculine return; while lighter, brighter colors would indicate a feminine existence.
Elizabeth (guest)
 
18 years ago (2006-09-21)
I Completly Beleive that she was coming to say her goodbye... A similar thing happened when My sister passed..
Daphne (guest)
 
18 years ago (2006-09-16)
I believe it!!! I hope all goes well let us know what happens
lucy (guest)
 
18 years ago (2006-09-15)
wow!!! it's really amazin to see signs of the future and ur beloved ones..i m exited to knw what happened next!!!any experience???
Victor (guest)
+1
18 years ago (2006-09-14)
yea,i heard that ghosts/spirits are able to go into our dreams to contact us instead of the usual appearing out of nowhere kind of thing so i completely agreed with you. =)
Micah (guest)
 
18 years ago (2006-08-28)
Wow,I totally believe that she came to say her goodbyes. Let us know if she does come back. lol

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: