You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Ghost Or Spirit Who Took The Form Of My Aunt

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost Or Spirit Who Took The Form Of My Aunt

 

Greetings to all on YGS. The story I'm about to relate didn't happen to me directly, however it did occur at my house.

My entire family (aunts,uncles,parents and cousins) would all gather every weekend at each other's houses for get togethers. For us it was a weekly tradition we as kids looked forward to. On one such occasion everyone decided we'll meet my old house.

Our house was below road level, which you had to go down a flight of steps to enter the house. The top was our garage and storage place. We were all together having fun laughing and joking, and the adults were doing their own thing and as the evening progressed my dad called to my elder brother to go up to our garage/storage area to get some stuff for the get together.

Taking this as an opportunity to go and poke around my dad's car my brother and two older cousins headed off to get the stuff my dad wanted, while the rest of us younger kids stayed back inside. As the trio made their way back down to the house my bro and cousins said they had seen my aunt standing outside and looking at them, thinking they were in trouble for taking too long they walked down the steps as fast as they could and when they reached my aunt, she just looked at them and said,"Get inside now!"

They thought that this was the end for them as they would have gotten an earful from all the adults. So they hurried past her and went inside, only to see the same aunt in the kitchen with the rest of everyone!

When my brother mentioned it a day later my mum thought he must be joking because he's known to be a prankster, however he was adamant about what had happened. And even my other two cousins confirmed it as well. We could see the shock and confusion in they're faces and my one cousin from the three of them is very straightforward and mature and won't make up stories easily. And it's also impossible for my aunt to have gotten past them as they had walked right past her and entered the house before her which would mean that logically she would have been behind them.

Other hauntings by Rajine

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rajine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Hello everyone hope you all keeping well. It does seem right to lable this experience as my aunts doppelganger. But what usually happens to them afterwards? [ [at] ]CuriousDee we are all car fanatics and really into modified cars and car sound systems (heredity apparently) and spend every bit of spare time doing something or the other to our vehicles. And I think you have a point because this particular aunt is the strict one of them all lol
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-19)
Greetings Rajine,

I almost missed this one. Definitely an intriguing experience. I wonder if your brother and cousins encountered a sort of residual or projected form of your aunt? It sounds like it was common for the kids to get into harmless mischief when together.

You mentioned they took the opportunity to 'poke around' your father's car and then weren't surprised to see your aunt scolding them. I wonder if your aunt knew they were up to something and unknowingly projected that thought/herself to your brother and cousins?

I hope that makes sense, as it's pretty late here. 😊

Thanks for sharing,
Dee
Meldel (6 stories) (39 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-18)
Hi Rajine. I agree, it was definately your aunt's 'doppelganger' The same thing happened to my brother. I have posted my story. Please share your other experiences with us when you have time. Love reading them. Blessings to you!
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-16)
Geeze, your brother and cousins must have been scared when they saw your Aunt in the house! Very unusual for a doppelganger to speak, I thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: