You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: That House Still Haunts Me

Real Ghost Stories

That House Still Haunts Me

 

When I was between the ages of 10-12, my parents bought a house in the woods of Renton. It was a lovely place with plenty of acreage. Our neighbor was a "crazy horse lady", so to speak, and she had near 10 miniature horses, and chickens that seemed to never stop reproducing. It was a blast for me growing up next to that. However... Some very weird things happened. I'll start out with the reoccurring dream, and please don't laugh. It was terrifying.

This dream was of a white, gloved hand- think Adams Family, but with a fancy white glove. It would chase me around the house, sometimes it would hide from me and jump out of rooms. When it caught me, here it is folks, it would TICKLE ME. It was absolutely horrifying and even thinking about it now, it still makes the pit of my stomach hurt. I had this dream all the time, my one and only recurring dream. It stopped when we moved away and I never had it again. I still don't understand why the heck I'd have a dream like that, repeatedly.

Another time as I tried to fall asleep I was staring at a picture of a little me, sitting at a picnic table. The picture was hung on the hallway wall just outside my door. As I was looking, little me started to thump her fists up and down on the table, one by one. I heard nothing, but I blinked, rubbed my eyes, closed them, it didn't matter... Eventually the little me stopped or I fell asleep. I remember inspecting it in the morning because it was so strange.

My mom once heard me call out "mom", but nobody else was home.

During this time I also had an out of body experience while staying at a friend's house. After that experience, I began to feel "sucked" out of my body at random times. It scared me very much and I willed with all my might to "stay". My dad used to get upset with me as well because he would tell me to do a chore, I would reply, and then never do it. The problem was, I had no recollection of him ever speaking to me because I was dead asleep, and yet according to him, I was wide eyed and lucid. I don't remember a large chunk of the 6th grade at all and I have a fantastic memory.

The only logical explanation that I can come up with is that I was dissociating. My parents divorced that year and my mom moved out, and aside from her leaving, it didn't upset me very much. I've also never felt that dissociating feeling again after moving out of there.

I still have dreams about this house. In my opinion they are more like nightmares but... Nothing ever happens, they're quite mundane. I'm just standing there or walking around and that's it.

I've never really told anyone most of this, and I would really love some input. I have always wondered if it could have been more than a rational explanation. I do not know the history, and the only thing I ever mentioned to my parents was the dream, once, and obviously they thought it was pretty silly to be afraid of.

Other hauntings by MandyyNicole

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MandyyNicole, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-23)
Mandy,
When parents are getting divorced it's very stressful on the child (ren) and can cause a myriad of emotions. You internalized everything and because you were at the age that your hormones started to run amok and obviously started to get abilities that you don't understand you came to the right place.
I agree with Rook about the picture of the younger you pitching a fit. Your anger manifested the banging of fists and shaking your head.
The out of body experiences might have come from the natural feeling of fight or flight. While in your waking you were keeping your chin up so to speak.Fight. But while you slept your inner turmoil you just wanted to run. From everything your parents put you through nobody could blame you.
You say that you don't remember a large chunck of the 6th grade. That's from the stress you were going through. I had a lousy childhood and don't remember a huge chunk of it. But I grew up and married a wonderful man and have a fantastic memory now. I do remember when I was a teenager volunteering at the local hospital with my older sister. We each volunteered 1 or 2 days in Central Sterile Supply and one day in the Coffee Shop. Always the same day same department. The manager of the Coffee Shop and other people always got us confused even though her hair was kind of medium brown and she has green eyes my hair has always been the color of a horse chestnut and my eyes dark brown. One of us would walk past the manager first then the other. Every single time the manager would say you just walked past me. Everyone else in the Coffee Shop would have a good laugh.
Deja vu is something I've only experienced once or twice and they were of places I visited but felt as if I was there before but never was.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-08-20)
MandyyNicole,

Was your OBE 'planned' or 'spontainious'? The reason I as is because if it was the latter then there would have been no 'grounding' in place to keep it from happening 'randomly'. Over time you may have learned to do it instictivly (sp?) but during the time period you refer to in this experience nothing like that was 'in place'. (To me 'grounding' is simply a term refering to how much 'control' an individual has concerning 'projecting' themselves, either via 'OBE or Astral Projection.) Not being 'gounded' led to the dissociation feelings as well and becasue of those feeling you would randomly 'project'...explaining the 'lights on but no bodies home' moments.

The recurring dream... I agree, sounds as if that was stress induced.

As far as the picture on the wall... The 'little you' pitching a 'fit'? Purhaps you 'saw' a visual manifestation of your own internal anger and frustration of the situation around you. Just a thought.

Deja vu... Deja vu... Can not say I am fond of this effect but over time it has proven itself a means of letting me know I have made good choices and that my life is on the 'right' path. Not that I believe in 'predestination' I do not mean that by any means, but I tend to have a Deja vu feeling when I am wondering IF I have made the 'right' choices... Then I will have a Deja vu experince and it seesm to confirm that I am where I am most needed (I hope that makes some sort of sense).

Respectully,

Rook
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-20)
Mandyy, I for one love enthusiasm, so no worries about the long rant. 😊

My parents never got on either. It was ugly between them before they split when I was about 5. I wasn't fussed about it either. They were better off apart. But their fighting never really impacted me too much, that I remember anyway. The household was brimming with paranormal activity while they were together. So *maybe* there's a connection between stupid adult conflicts, paranormal upheaval, and youngens sensing things from all angles.

Visual matrixing is something I do almost every day, on the patterns in the carpet, curtains, tiles around the fireplace, haha I'm pretty tragic about it! But what you describe about looking away and back again with little you's fists and head still moving uninterrupted, that does NOT sound like matrixing to me. Looking away and straight back, you can 'find' the image again easily and quickly, but I've never experienced full blown continuous imagery before. So I have no clue what was going on in that picture. I'm thinking maybe it's got to do with you being an empath. Maybe that maddening fist pump and head movement which grew faster was a representation of the overall family energy at that time. A collective energy of all of you. For you, this must have felt like a waiting game, 'when's it all going to end?'. Maybe that's something like what little you's actions were about. It sounds to me like you were experiencing a form of scyring. (as in what people do with crystal balls, black mirrors and the like) Well, if I'm on track with this I'd say this is an ability worth exploring, if you're interested in pursuing it.

Deja Vu, I love, love, love it, but it hardly ever happens to me! I've never really thought about it too much but I imagine it's down to many factors, with each individual and situation unique. Perhaps with that camp you had a vision/premonition of the place, perhaps in a dream. Then you consciously forgot the vision/dream/whatever but subconsciously you remembered. So in that moment your subconscious is going: "RELATED, VALID, PRIOR KNOWLEDGE!" While your conscious is going: "WHAT THE HELL? AHHH!" Which resulted in a panic attack! As for the why it happened there's a bit of a discussion on one of Val's stories at the moment, she's been experiencing premonitions through meditation. A few of us were talking about why we experience some visions, as some of them are just plain dumb and useless. The general conclusion is that our abilities (in this case premonitions/visions) sometimes flex their muscles to stay sharp for when we really need them. So maybe the camp day wasn't so much important, in the sense there was a connection to you and the location, but it was still very important because it was your *ability* coming into play. The same might apply to your OBE and fear of being sucked out again; empath ability connecting your emotions toward your homelife, your ability kicks in intrusively and voila, it's OBE time! Much to your dismay and horror.

Mandyy it really seems like, during that time at this house, you were dealing with waaay too much than you could handle. No wonder it still haunts you today. But a lot of it sounds like good qualities and abilities which were (back then) sparking intrusively to a young girl in the middle of stupid adults being terrifically dumb.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Hi, thank you for sharing! No making fun here unless you want to feel the wrath of everone on here coming down on you! LOL. The dream may not have anything to do with the other but I can relate when your dad said you doing things and you don't remember. I have done this since I was little and I'm 44 now. My wife and son have both said that I carry on conversation, eat and act just like I am awake but I never remember it and believe I am sleep walking. I had a deja vu just today. It can be unsettling/disturbing but sometime useful as in afterward you start to do something else and remember that something bad would happen if you did so you don't do that and avoid the bad. Lucid dreaming is a gift and I enjoy it very much even if some are bad. I don't like the sleep walking as I am afraid of what I could do if interupted with a lucid nightmare. I wonder if this is what happened to you with the picture, maybe fell asleep looking at the picture and then lucid dreamed the rest of it just like you were awake? Thank you for your courage to share not knowing what reaction you might recieve!
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Mandy

I believe there has been cases of people being to a place in a O.B.E, this may cause the feeling of deja vu you felt. This is obviously just speculation.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Also, to help paint a clearer picture, the actual dissociation that happened when my dad would talk to me ONLY occurred after my mom moved out. I am unable to place the time frame of the being sucked out feelings, though they stopped after moving out and before 7th grade.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Groggzy,
For some reason I've never thought about stress playing a role in the recurring dream. It's quite possible! When I started having the dream my mom still lived with us. She did until about 6 months before we moved away.
The picture of little me was taken at a park as I sat at a picnic table. It was likely a place we frequented.

Tweed, I think we definitely could have used rook's cleansing back then! Haha. The vibe of the house couldn't have been the most pleasant as my parents didn't get along, ever, and fought often (nothing physical but lots of emotional abuse). And that wasn't a new occurrence, they'd always been that way which is why I wasn't too upset about the divorce.

I also realize that I didn't put this in my story as I just kind of spewed it out when I wrote it, but when little me's hands started to go faster and faster, its head moved side to side (ear to shoulder).
I also thought/think that it could be visual matrixing, but the thing that bothers me is that it still persisted without stopping, even after looking away/blinking/eye rubbing etc... Is that normal with visual matrixing? I would think it would have stopped when I looked away? But I am no expert!

I know y'all aren't doctors either, lol, but why do you think the dissociation and feelings of being sucked out of my body may have stopped after moving out and never happened again? The negative energy in the home perhaps?

(Side note: my OBE, I feel, was legitimate and possibly unrelated to the dissociation feelings, but it's the only thing I could connect those feelings to as that's what I felt was going to happen again if I let myself be "sucked out")

I would consider myself somewhat of an empath, so maybe it was too much for me to handle at that age?
That brings back another memory. I recall going to camp for two weeks during this time and having the absolute worst case of deja vu I've ever experienced. It was so bad I racked my brain for days trying to remember if I'd dreamt about it or had a similar experience. I think it gave me a panic attack at the time because it really freaked me out. What's your opinion (anyone) on deja vu?

I'm sorry this was such a long comment. It's just nice and exciting to talk to someone about all this without being looked at like a crazy person 😆
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Mandyy, you'll get no laughing from me, I can relate to feeling terrified of seemingly innocent things. Not when I was young, when I was an adult taking substances I shouldn't be taking. Well, I would become terrified of laughing while laughing, but inside wanting to cry, harrowing stuff. Recreational drugs and me do NOT mix well at all. But I won't judge those who partake. Through those years I feel as if I can sympathize with you about the chasing gloved hand, it sounds terrifying and absolutely awful.

I too got the impression of dissociating and as Goggzy says stress can play a part in this also. As everything happened in that house I'm wondering if you were picking up on the energy in that house. Not a very calm energy, urgh. Possibly a presence also. That's the only thing I can think of. The picture of you on the wall could be visual matrixing. But I believe, in that instance, that a person's emotional health can influence what's seen. As can the general energy in the environment.

Yeah, I'd say you could have done with Rook's method back then! 😉
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
As you have said you think you were dissociating another thing I think this could be is stress. The dream reoccurring could be anything even you missing your mum can I ask when the photo was taking as well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: