You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Network Disrupted By Unknown Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Network Disrupted By Unknown Entity

 

This is the first time I get to post an experience of my own. I have been an active member on this platform for as long as I can remember, reading stories of other users and also commenting on them. What I am about to share occurred last night while I was surfing the Internet with my phone. I live in a two-bedroom flat with my family in a government-owned estate. My estate consists of many blocks which comprises of two or three-bedroom flats. My family chose the ground flat of our block when we were moving in back in 2002. The blocks face each other likewise the flats too and you can walk by anyone's window at any given time especially those living downstairs. I am noting this so you can understand what I'm about to say.

Back to my story, I was up browsing the Internet until it was around 2am, my elder brother was fast asleep beside me, I think it was around 2;15 or so when I heard a noise coming from outside my bedroom window, in my country we have truck-pushers who push around noisy trucks (carts) while trying to get rusted metals and what nots for recycling. The noise this carts make was the exact noise coming from outside my window. It was as if someone or something was pushing a truck (cart) to God knows where, the noise I believed at the time were coming from the wheels like the wheels were about to fall off the truck (cart). I wanted to ignore this, but it was 2am for crying out loud, no truck pusher operates around this time for no reason whatsoever. I tried looking from my window but I was unable to catch a clear glimpse of who or what was passing by, disappointed, I decided to lie down and continue stuffs with my phone.

Then I realized my network was gone like there were no signal bars or anything. I couldn't access anything online for minutes. This has never happened because my network provider is one of the best here in Nigeria and if issues were to arise concerning network availability they would surely notify us, the subscribers. I decided to go urinate and when I came back and saw that the situation with my network/internet was still the same, I decided to sleep feeling disappointed.

Minutes later while I was still trying to get myself to sleep, I heard the same truck (cart) noise coming from the opposite direction where it went to before, it passed my window a little too fast this time around because when I tried looking I could only see a sort of shadow, and the noise continued further away until I could hear it no more. A little disappointed at myself for not being able to see whatever it was, I resumed my position on the bed, then I had this urge to pick up my phone and try accessing the Internet one last time before I give up. Alarmingly, my network was back right after whatever it was had gone back from where it came from. I was damn shocked!

This is really baffling because I can't just put it all down to coincidence. Why was I unable to access the Internet or make calls after the entity passed by? And why did my network become functional right after it passed by again from the opposite direction?

Mind you someone who might have had the intention of perpetrating a crime secretly wouldn't push whatever it was noisily like that at that hour of the night because it would attract unwanted attention! I want to know if someone has experienced something similar to this.

Thanks in anticipation!

P_B

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Paranoid_believer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-22)
[at] valkricry. It wasn't just a sound, someone/something was actually passing by bcos I vividly remember I heard footsteps too coupled with the truck noise. I alaso tried asking some friends of mine and they all told me they were asleep.
And like I said in my story, if they had any intention of running any sort of maintenance check or update on the network they would notify we the subscribers
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-22)
[at] RCRuskin
In response to your 1st question, I have this bad habit of staying up late, something I got from my fresher year in the University, so yes, I stay up until even 3am often.

Pertaining to your 2nd question, I was the only one awake at the time, like I said in my story, my elder brother was fast asleep beside me. So I can't categorically say they did lose network also bcos it didn't occur to me to check my brother's phone. Besides we use different service providers.

Your third question, I didn't bother to ask anyone I know with my carrier bcos I thought it's a slim chance someone with my exact network carrier would be awake at that time too or don't you think the probability would be extremely low?

As for collecting junk at that hour of the night, permit me to disagree bcos those guys NEVER do that at 2am
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+3
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
Paranoid_believer,
If I'm to understand correctly, what you are really wondering is if there's a corralation between your lost internet connection and the sound you heard? That's a hard call to make, unless it repeats itself.
The one thing I can think of, that would be easy to do, is call your provider and inquire if there was some problem or maintenance being done at that date and time. It could be something as simple as they were updating, and would help rule out it being 'normal'.

The next thing I would do is ask about as to whether anyone else had heard that cart. That time of day, most would be asleep, I think, but still, it wouldn't hurt. Honestly, assuming you're normally asleep at that time too, it's something that may happen often and you simply sleep through it.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
Trollingways - the next time you loose the internet connection, take pictures of your surroundings and post them in this forum.
Sorry... I mean, publicways... 😁 😁

P_b: I agree with the advice given by the previous posters.
Always try to find a logical explanation before assuming an unexplained event to be paranormal.

At home, our electronic devices stop working when someone is using the microwave oven, it's annoying but not paranormal.

Thanks for sharing.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+5
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
publicways - Your sole purpose on this forum seems to shoot down people's experiences. Do you think that just occasionally you could provide reasons for your opinions? I know that on a previous occasion I asked you whether you had ever experienced a paranormal event and I noticed on a different OP's account Rook did the same. And no, I am not the one who gave you the minus karma point for the simple reason that all you are doing at this stage is putting your name on the comments page with zero input, which adds just a slight irritation factor but little more.

Paranoid believer - I apologise for taking up space on your thread to comment to publicways. I honestly have no idea whether what you experienced was paranormal or not. RCRuskin and Rex-T have given you good logical explanations.

Regards, Melda

This comment from publicways is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2017-12-15)
Hi Paranoid Believer,

Your experience is similar to a lot of my colleagues who worked in the Australian Telecommunications Industry but there are always differences and this is where you look for answers.

There are two areas to consider - The Internet and Mobile communication components.

You did mention that you had lost your mobile network coverage so suspicion is leaning toward a mobile tower somewhere close to where you live.

RCRuskin has given you great advice - logical steps to take, should this occur again. What we call 'fault finding by elimination'. Keep a journal of the events, both now and should this happen again. See if there are differences but I'm hoping this will not happen again.

Regards
Rex-T
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2017-12-15)
Going to go into troubleshooting mode here. Used to troubleshoot Internet connections, and I'm pretty sure cell phone connections use similar technology. (Please not: I'm not disbelieving you, just trying to get a better picture.)

1. How often do you stay up until 2 AM surfing the internet via your cell phone?

2. Were you the only one in your family to lose network at the time?

3. Did anyone else with your carrier in the area lose connection at the same time?

There are enough flesh and blood troublemakers. I once had a wifi connection go down because of a goldfish bowl. (Not kidding on that. It was a very finicky connection.) If it was an actual person collection junk, they may have found something they thought was junk, but wasn't. And, happily, the network engineers and techs on duty were able to fix it remotely. If this is the case...

As for committing a crime? Certainly breaking into the carrier's equipment to steal things is a crime. But junk left on the curb for trash pickup, at least where I live, is considered abandoned property. Same goes for anything thrown into a dumpster.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: