You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Closet

Real Ghost Stories

My Closet

 

My Closet scares the ever loving heck out of me. I'm always scared when I open the door or step inside to make my choices. I put my dresser in there so that I could have a little more room in my bedroom since my closet is a walk-in it wasn't a problem. Well my fear started when a few years ago a boy in my hometown killed himself and the way he did it was he hung himself.

Friends of mine were close to him and I had gone to church with him. We weren't friends or anything but I mean I knew who he was. One day I climbed up on the top of my dresser, seeing as I had to get something down from the shelves that are almost to the ceiling, and all of a sudden I felt as if there was a hand around my throat and I couldn't breathe. I had tears in my eyes and everything as I came down. My cousin was there at the time and she was scared because she saw the look on my face. I didn't know what to do with myself. I was scared and I just looked up to where I had been a few minutes ago and there was nothing weird about it at all. I didn't know what to make of it.

I don't know if it is the fact that that boy had just lost his life... I mean he had been on my mind but I only knew who he was. Or was it something else, something that might have wanted to harm me?! Please let me know what you think about it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Enjolee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Hi Yeah I am scare of my own closet all my life I don't know why... I always have to closed the door in my old room bedroom now I move to new house and still scare of it but my backroom only have closet and can't closed it cause something block it like stuff hold the door...
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
Closets and mirrors scare me...

I hate them. I haven't had anything happen to me in a closet but they still scare me
Tino (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Damn...that's pretty creepy. I hate closets too, something about them just don't sit right with me. I always have to keep my closet door closed when I sleep at night, if it's even open a crack, I get this weird feeling that someone or something is in there watching me...
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
I have a question for you Enjolee, why are you so afraid of your closet? I think big closets are great specialy if you have lots of shoes and bags as I do. 😆 but, no really was there something that happened to you before this incident that caused you to be scared of it. You mentioned you felt the hands around your neck? Was there any mark left on your neck?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
First of all, what ever the reasons are you had this feeling and continue to have the feelings of fear in your closet does not make it any less terrifying or any less important.

Whenever a person dies at a young age, it brings mortality to the fore front for a lot of individuals, even more so when the person is a young person. And to have this young persoin die in such a horrific manner, that adds to the fear and anxiety.

Try saying a few prayers for the boy who passed on. Pray for him to find peace and comfort after death as he could not find when he was alive.

Also, say a few prayers for yourself, say some prayers of under standing. Ask for help from the Lord to assist you through this difficult time. ALthough you stated you and he were not friends, it has and will have a profound effect on most people when a tragedy of this natuer occurs any where near them.

God Bless!
BellaMorte (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Not that I doubt what happened to you, but it could be possible that you actually had a panic attack when you went into the closet because the boys death had been on your mind. That and you may also have some underlying claustrophobia.
A panic attack could make you feel like you were being choked, but it would not make it feel like anything was actually touching your neck.
Did you actually feel something around your neck or was it just a suffocating sensation?
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-13)
Hi Enjolee. I have to agree with WB and FRAWIN on your experience. I think that you were either feeling a little closed in being high up in your closet with all that stuff around you or you were feeling what this poor boy must have felt. Or both. You did say you had been thinking about him a lot. I think it is such a tragedy when people commit suicide, especially a young boy. Everyone should speak to their children, of course at the right age, about teenage suicide. I have spoken to my 14 year old about it. ~Shelby ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
Enjolee, I wonder if you think of this boy very often. It's a tragic thing to have happen near you. If you were thinking of him a lot, I would say you were empathetic toward his situation and so experienced similar to what he went through. Sometimes these things bother a person more than they realize. It is possible that you have some psychic ability that has not been defined or explored and such a trauma so close to you has affected you more than you know. He was a peer and this can't be easy to understand or deal with. Look at things with an open mind and you may find some answers within yourself.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
Hey Enjolee. I don`t think you have any reason to be scared. I think just like WB has stated that you probably got a little claustrophobic. That with the young man`s death on your mind you had something like a panic attack. I know that people at your age, I used to be young a loooong time ago 😆, can feel invincible and dying is the furtherest thing from your mind. I believe that his death affected you more than you realized and as huendchen said you had empathy for him and this is how it "came out of your system..."
If this was a one time thing I wouldn`t let it bother me but if it has happened before or since you may be showing the signs of an empathic medium. If the latter proves to be the case, then you will have to learn the necessary steps to shield yourself. Take Care.

FRAWIN ❤ 😊
Kat (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
I have to agree with Huendchen. When a girl I knew from school died a few years ago from a brain haemorrage I was really badly affected by it, for 7 months solid I was paranoid at every headache a got or twinge I felt, I would notice people in the street that looked the double of her, I would dream about her.
I think your feelings are similar.
huendchen (49 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
Hi Enjolee. Perhaps your empathy and thinking about the boy's death caused you to somehow experience the same sensations he did as he died. Sometimes the mind and body combined can produce strange and very real physical reactions.

Huendchen.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
Hello Enjolee,
Closets are strange places. My daughter has two dressers in hers and just by looking into the closet I can see that she probably has to climb up there to reach things up on the shelf. If your closet is anything like hers I would have to say that you did not feel an entity but the feeling of claustrophobia.
When I feel claustrophobic I get a tightness of the chest and throat, start to perspire, have a feeling of dread and that could be misconstrued as someone watching me. Occasionally I start to shake and I DO back myself into a corner, literally.
I do not think you have anything to worry about in your closet except maybe to keep things up off the floor to eliminate the closed in feeling. I could be wrong, but it does not sound as if there is a problem other than that.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: