You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Other Mum And Dad

Real Ghost Stories

My Other Mum And Dad

 

I have written a story about an experience I have had of seeing a black dog in Scotland and mentioned my daughter giving me advice on how to deal with it.

The reason I ask my daughter is that she has studied this phenomenon because of things that happened in her childhood.

When my daughter was about two and a half my wife and I were taking her out to Saltcoats in her buggy. As we passed a church that even I hadn't been in, my daughter just blurted out "I cried in there for my mum and dad" I told her that she has never been in there. She told me that she was wearing black and everyone was crying.

A couple of months went by and I forgot all about this incident, then one night my wife and I went out for a couple of drinks and left my daughter with my wife's mum, when we went to pick her up her gran told me she was hiding in the kitchen for hours. I went into the kitchen and she was cowering in a corner. I said" why are you hiding in here"? She said, "my mum and dad are looking in the window at me" I was puzzled and told her that she only has one mum and dad and her reply was." No! My other mum and dad!"

For the next few months things were quiet until I moved into a new house, then she would wake up screaming in the middle of the night saying that there was an old woman in her room. This went on for a couple of months.

Then my wife told a friend about it. She knew a medium who told us to burn a pink holy candle in her room. My neighbour had a pink holy candle as a present from a friend from Israel and gave it to us. After burning the candle in her room, nothing strange happened.

My daughter has always been aware of the paranormal and still sees things in her own house. She is a good witch.

Other hauntings by Thefox

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thefox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Thefox (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-26)
Thank you for your coments. I still stay in the same house where the old woman appeared and still pass the church often. Idont know why my daughter referred what she saw as her mum and dad? Maybe a past life. Maybe ask her to enquire about a double funeral.
She has her own house now and sees an old man standing in her kitchen doorway often, maybe she just has a natural ability to channel the paranormal?
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-24)
It definitely sounds like a past life experience. I'm curious as to why she was frightened by her "other mum and dad looking at her through the window" though? It feels as though she's picking up on spirits in the house. Just curious, what do you think?
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-22)
This sounds like a past life experience to me - and also very much in the style of Neil Gaiman. Your little daughter had a few things frighteningly in common with Coraline!

In her researches has she ever had a past life regression/reading? Often such memories fade as the individual ages but the right person might be able to bring some things back for her. If you recall the name of the church, for sure it has a register of funerals held there. As it seems from what she said that those parents passed at the same time, a double funeral might stick out in the records.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-22)
Hi Fox, your account intrigued me so I looked up the meaning of spiritual colours in candles. Pink is the the colour of the Third Advent Candle, the Candle of Joy, used in preparation for Christmas. It represents love and rejoicing. A good choice for a little girl.
Https://www.thoughtco.com/symbolic-colors-of-advent-700445

Does your daughter feel that she had a possible past life memory of her previous parents? Or could she have tapped into someone else's memory? As a matter of interest, another YGS member has a daughter with past memories too:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25203

Did you ever find out more about the house and who that old woman could have been?

Thank you for sharing. I shall now go read about the Black Dog. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: